Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Got a dash cam today

+7
DEANO82
Bread2.0
Norpig
xmiles
karlypants
gloswhite
Reebok Trotter
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Got a dash cam today - Page 2 Empty Re: Got a dash cam today Thu Nov 10 2016, 18:08

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've got one on my cap. Neutral
Got a dash cam today - Page 2 BigThoughtsPond_20100703_0134

22Got a dash cam today - Page 2 Empty Re: Got a dash cam today Thu Nov 10 2016, 18:58

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

DEANO82 wrote:Insurance companies should offer discounts if you have a dashcam.
I'm pretty sure that some already do.

23Got a dash cam today - Page 2 Empty Re: Got a dash cam today Thu Nov 10 2016, 23:04

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I got one last Christmas after being badly cut up by a taxi (Manchester Streetcars!!).  Cost about £120 and Halfords fitted it for me for £30. We've got  one in both our cars- they're a good investment.

24Got a dash cam today - Page 2 Empty Re: Got a dash cam today Fri Nov 11 2016, 10:09

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Rammy, what about the cabling ? and how much did the fitting cost ?

25Got a dash cam today - Page 2 Empty Re: Got a dash cam today Fri Nov 11 2016, 10:12

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

gloswhite wrote:Rammy, what about the cabling ? and how much did the fitting cost ?

It was all part of the purchase price. Halfords fitted it into the cars electronics (My car is a CRV and the missus has got a Jazz). All the cabling and connections come with the device itself. I thought that for £30 I might as well let them do it as thy know what to do- and I would be clueless.

26Got a dash cam today - Page 2 Empty Re: Got a dash cam today Fri Nov 11 2016, 10:20

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Rammy, what about the cabling ? and how much did the fitting cost ?
They all generally come with a cigarette style charger that is long enough to follow around the trim inside the car.

I went from the cigarette socket to under the passenger seat and then up the trim in between both doors and simply followed it round.

It's quite easy to peel back the rubber seal enough between the roof lining and trim so it gives enough room to store the thickness of the cable so it doesn't show.

For the brand I suggested earlier on, you can buy an accessory set to hard wire these in to the fuse box leaving your cigarette socket free.

http://www.halfords.com/technology/dash-cams/dash-cam-accessories/nextbase-dash-cam-hardwire-kit

27Got a dash cam today - Page 2 Empty Re: Got a dash cam today Fri Nov 11 2016, 10:26

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:
They all generally come with a cigarette style charger that is long enough to follow around the trim inside the car.

I went from the cigarette socket to under the passenger seat and then up the trim in between both doors and simply followed it round.

It's quite easy to peel back the rubber seal enough between the roof lining and trim so it gives enough room to store the thickness of the cable so it doesn't show.

But with most of them you don't need to use the cigarette lighter - the kit allows you to plug it into the electronics of the car. There are connecting points in all modern cars under the bonnet. It means no messy cables inside the car itself- it just pokes down from under the windscreen trim. When  I leave the car I just detach the camera from the camera holder and stick it in my pocket (or in the glove compartment)- so no scrote can break in and thieve it.

28Got a dash cam today - Page 2 Empty Re: Got a dash cam today Fri Nov 11 2016, 10:27

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:
karlypants wrote:

But with most of them you don't need to use the cigarette lighter - the kit allows you to plug it into the electronics of the car. There are connecting points in all modern cars under the bonnet. It means no messy cables inside the car itself- it just pokes down from under the windscreen trim. When  I leave the car I just detach the camera from the camera holder and stick it in my pocket (or in the glove compartment)- so no scrote can break in and thieve it.
I've just edited my post to add that they do a hard wire kit fr permanent connection. Smile

29Got a dash cam today - Page 2 Empty Re: Got a dash cam today Fri Nov 11 2016, 11:23

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I'll have to look into it methinks. Don't want to spoil the inside of my Jag

30Got a dash cam today - Page 2 Empty Re: Got a dash cam today Fri Nov 11 2016, 11:39

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:I got my mum one after she had an issue with the blame game after a car accident, if it wasn't for the bus driver then she would have had to take the blame for it.

They are well worth the money and can save you all the hassle of fighting your corner if you are ever unfortunate to have an accident.

The camera never lies. Very Happy

I got one of this one which is easy to use (maybe cheaper elsewhere)...

http://www.halfords.com/technology/dash-cams/dash-cams/nextbase-dash-cam-312gw
Jesus KP does it cook your tea for you,

31Got a dash cam today - Page 2 Empty Re: Got a dash cam today Fri Nov 11 2016, 15:14

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

No, but it gives him a hand job, when he's safely driving below 30 mph  Very Happy (which accounts for him taking hours just to go to the shops)

32Got a dash cam today - Page 2 Empty Re: Got a dash cam today Fri Nov 11 2016, 16:10

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:No, but it gives him a hand job, when he's safely driving below 30 mph  Very Happy (which accounts for him taking hours just to go to the shops)
There's nothing better than receiving a hand job whilst driving.

33Got a dash cam today - Page 2 Empty Re: Got a dash cam today Fri Nov 11 2016, 16:15

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:
gloswhite wrote:No, but it gives him a hand job, when he's safely driving below 30 mph  Very Happy (which accounts for him taking hours just to go to the shops)
That's a matter of opinion. I would prefer a KitKat!!

34Got a dash cam today - Page 2 Empty Re: Got a dash cam today Sat Nov 12 2016, 09:08

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

karlypants wrote:
There is. Receiving a hand job while not driving. We might be different obviously, but I prefer not to have to clean jizz off my stearing wheel and dashboard if at all possible.

35Got a dash cam today - Page 2 Empty Re: Got a dash cam today Sat Nov 12 2016, 10:04

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:
karlypants wrote:
There is. Receiving a hand job while not driving. We might be different obviously, but I prefer not to have to clean jizz off my stearing wheel and dashboard if at all possible.
I would very much prefer a blowjob (less mess if you think about it) but the gearstick keeps getting in the way.

36Got a dash cam today - Page 2 Empty Re: Got a dash cam today Sat Nov 12 2016, 11:42

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

karlypants wrote:
Bwfc1958 wrote:
karlypants wrote:
I would very much prefer a blowjob (less mess if you think about it) but the gearstick keeps getting in the way.
You could just pull your pants down and sit on it like you normally do.

37Got a dash cam today - Page 2 Empty Re: Got a dash cam today Sat Nov 12 2016, 11:57

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:
karlypants wrote:
Bwfc1958 wrote:
karlypants wrote:
You could just pull your pants down and sit on it like you normally do.
Do you have to be so uncouth? Very Happy

38Got a dash cam today - Page 2 Empty Re: Got a dash cam today Sat Nov 12 2016, 11:59

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

That's rich coming from the man who's turned a thread about dash cams into masturbating at the wheel!  Very Happy

39Got a dash cam today - Page 2 Empty Re: Got a dash cam today Sat Nov 12 2016, 12:00

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:That's rich coming from the man who's turned a thread about dash cams into masturbating at the wheel!  Very Happy
It was actually Glos who started it. Very Happy

40Got a dash cam today - Page 2 Empty Re: Got a dash cam today Sat Nov 12 2016, 12:56

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:
Does it give you a BJ if you park behind BB

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum