Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Clayton’s season up and running after long-awaited return

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Phil Parkinson has warned the hard work starts here for Max Clayton after his long-awaited return to first-team football.

The highly-rated young striker came off the bench in Wanderers’ 1-0 defeat at Cheltenham Town in the Checkatrade Trophy on Tuesday night – his first competitive appearance in 12 months for the club.

Parkinson was delighted to welcome Clayton back into the fold after a ruptured hamstring and a persistent knee problem had left him sidelined all year.

“I’m really pleased for Max to get that 15 minutes under his belt and his season starts tonight really,” said Parkinson at Whaddon Road.

“He’s worked really hard to get to this stage and I’m just pleased that we were able to get him on, albeit not in front of the biggest crowd, at the best stadium or in the biggest competition.

“Equally though, when you’ve been out for a long time like Max it’s just important to get back out there on to the pitch and we know he’s got quality.”

Parkinson was equally happy to give Keshi Anderson his first start in nine games and praised the young striker for his workrate against the Robins.

“I thought he worked really hard, put a good shift in for the team,” he said.

“It’s difficult when you haven’t played a first-team game for a while but I’ve been to games like that down the years where the application isn’t there and it makes your decisions for you.

“Even though we didn’t win, anyone can see the effort was there. I can’t fault that at all.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum