Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Zach Clough named League One October Player of the Month

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bolton Wanderers striker Zach Clough has been named the Sky Bet League One Player of the Month for October.

Finally free of the niggling injures which have delayed his progression, he came to the fore in October, scoring five goals, half of his side’s total. Always eager to run at defenders, he is equally adept at shooting from range.

Bolton manager Phil Parkinson said: “I’m so pleased for Zach on his success. He’s has a difficult start to the season, but he’s made an excellent contribution in the last month.

“Everyone knows what a talented player he is, but he’s also working hard for the team which typifies the whole work-ethic through the side.

“He is doing both sides of the game though – he’s got real quality in that final third and every time he gets in and around the box, there’s a real danger for the opposition.”

Clough said: “I’m delighted with the award, but it’s ultimately down to the hard work of the team, from the defence right up to us as strikers.

“It’s been a good month for me – I’m filling up the mantelpiece nicely after winning the same award with the club too, but October was great for everybody across the club.

“It’s been down to a lot of hard work on the training pitch and I’ve been able to keep myself injury free which will hopefully continue.”

Sky Sports’ EFL pundit Don Goodman said: “The young striker’s season finally got going in mid-October and he’s been in blistering form ever since.

“Five goals in the final four games in October sent Bolton into the automatic promotion places and gave Clough a platform to build on in the rest of the season.”

Sky Bet Football Trading Manager Paul Lowery said: “If Bolton are built on a solid back line and a methodical approach to League One this year then Zach Clough is definitely the wildcard in the system. 

“The diminutive frontman has returned to fitness and took League One by storm this month, breaking his duck for the season and bagging five goals in the process. 

“He’s now just 20/1 to be the top scorer in the league this season. 

“Clough arguably saved his best performance for the TV cameras, tormenting Bury in a Monday night local derby, winning and converting two penalties, showing great nerve in front of a baying crowd. 

“If Clough can stay fit, then the 9/2 on offer for winning League One looks to be a tasty price.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by karlypants on Sun Nov 13 2016, 14:51; edited 1 time in total

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum