Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ken Anderson - update.

+31
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
Wanderers for 45
y2johnny
Growler
luckyPeterpiper
Bollotom2014
Ten Bobsworth
Cajunboy
bryan458
Leeds_Trotter
finlaymcdanger
Soul Kitchen
Chairmanda
Bwfc1958
MartinBWFC
Kane57
Boggersbelief
terenceanne
Norpig
observer
Sluffy
karlypants
gloswhite
whatsgoingon
Fabians Right Peg
Natasha Whittam
King Bill
Bread2.0
boltonbonce
rammywhite
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 29 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 50]

151Ken Anderson - update. - Page 9 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sat May 13 2017, 20:08

:rofl: i know to some it might be a bit to much information we are now getting especially as we are used to sweet FA  in the past, but, Ken Anderson is great.  If someone is being a bellend like the trust or iles or lov or whoever, he just tells it like it is.  And in the past, due to the lack of communication, we would of likely taken what iles, lov or the trust where saying  (maybe not the trust) as what is actually going on. I think Ken has been as open as he can be.

152Ken Anderson - update. - Page 9 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun May 14 2017, 08:11

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I do laugh every time I read that 'click bait requirements' line

153Ken Anderson - update. - Page 9 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun May 14 2017, 09:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The important thing is that KA and Parky have apparently agreed a budget to work within the current finances. Unfortunately we won't be told what that is so there will be no frame of reference for all the wild speculation that inevitably goes on over the summer months.
In the short term, they'll have to renegotiate the contracts of the current players they want to keep so that in itself will be informative as the club's objective will be to secure those players at the lowest possible outlay in order to save money for new signing wages. Let's hope the likes of Wheater and Spearing don't hold us to ransom now that they are in a relatively strong negotiating position otherwise the team as a whole would be less likely to be able to bring in the quality we need in the positions we need to improve in and at a price we can afford.

154Ken Anderson - update. - Page 9 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun May 14 2017, 10:37

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Kane57 wrote:I do laugh every time I read that 'click bait requirements' line

And I laughed when you went rushing off to Marc Iles to grass me up to him on twitter.

Christ Chris how old are you?

Shouldn't you have left name calling and snitching to teacher behind when you left nursery school?

Seems though I was spot on about how Anderson would perceive him as subsequent events have now proved!

You've also had me laughing again with your claim over on ww that the 'top brass' at the ST have requested an urgent meeting with you today, presumably to discuss how their image and that of the ST is being viewed.

The ST seeking help and advise from the click bait master.

You couldn't make such stuff up!

I'm still chuckling now.

:biggrin:

155Ken Anderson - update. - Page 9 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun May 14 2017, 10:53

Sluffy wrote:
Kane57 wrote:I do laugh every time I read that 'click bait requirements' line

And I laughed when you went rushing off to Marc Iles to grass me up to him on twitter.

Christ Chris how old are you?

Shouldn't you have left name calling and snitching to teacher behind when you left nursery school?

Seems though I was spot on about how Anderson would perceive him as subsequent events have now proved!

You've also had me laughing again with your claim over on ww that the 'top brass' at the ST have requested an urgent meeting with you today, presumably to discuss how their image and that of the ST is being viewed.

The ST seeking help and advise from the click bait master.

You couldn't make such stuff up!

I'm still chuckling now.

:biggrin:

Must be struggling

156Ken Anderson - update. - Page 9 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun May 14 2017, 12:57

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Todays update -

Over the past couple of days I have written columns to clarify some inaccurate points that have been raised in relation to off the field matters.

For now, I want the focus to be on the football and over the course of this week and next, I hope to be making several important and positive announcements.

I believe now is the time to focus on the football and for us all to get behind Phil and his team as they look to build a squad to compete in the Sky Bet Championship this coming season.

We have already had a large number of supporters sign up for 2017/18 season tickets, and I can't wait to welcome you all to Macron Stadium come August.

The club’s early purchase deadline is on June 10 and I hope you will all take advantage before this date to get the best possible price for following the team as we return to the second tier of English football and play your part in ensuring that we can recruit the highest calibre of players possible within our means.

Please visit Bolton Central in person, phone 0844 871 2932 or CLICK HERE to sign up and be a part of history with us once again.

Kind regards,

Ken

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

157Ken Anderson - update. - Page 9 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun May 14 2017, 13:08

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Tweet from Iles -

KA's latest column. I asked for clarification on points he considered were "wide of the mark". Request was declined.

Sluffy wrote:
It's pretty clear Iles has little or no insider information from within the club and thus depends to a greater or lesser extent to what the ST and LoV feed him.

Once all the financial gubbins have finally been sorted out and as long as Anderson remains in charge thereafter, it would not surprise me one bit if Iles is distanced from the club in a similar manner as to how unwelcomed he was under Eddie Davies regime.

If so he's made his own rod for his back by being unable or unwilling to remain impartial from the 'ownership' desire of the ST board members and the 'click bait' revenue requirements of the LoV site.

The man is a fool to himself imo.

:whistle:

158Ken Anderson - update. - Page 9 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun May 14 2017, 18:13

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Happily share the messages from ST with you Sluffy if you want to get in touch.

159Ken Anderson - update. - Page 9 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun May 14 2017, 18:24

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Kane57 wrote:Happily share the messages from ST with you Sluffy if you want to get in touch.

Why?

Aren't they between you and them?

If you want to send anything to me then please feel free to personal message me them, although if the ST wanted me to know why can't they simply get in touch with me themselves?

Thank you anyway.

160Ken Anderson - update. - Page 9 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun May 14 2017, 19:35

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

To prove that the request was made. If you don't want to then that's fine.

No idea if they want to get in touch with you.

161Ken Anderson - update. - Page 9 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun May 14 2017, 20:47

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Kane57 wrote:To prove that the request was made. If you don't want to then that's fine.

No idea if they want to get in touch with you.

Mate, whatever you and the ST get up to or not, is your business not mine.

I'm not bothered one way or the other if you are telling the truth or winding people up, you don't need to prove anything at all to me.

It just tickled my sense of humour that the ST are seemingly bothered about what the opinion of yours is!

No offence meant but you do have a history on forums and now the LoV that hasn't endeared you to many over the years.  You also seem to spend an awful lot of your life abusing and ridiculing others on social media, Christ it was only a couple of days back you went out of your way to grass me up to Iles (not that it bothered me but shows how childish you actually do act).

For them who clearly have no idea whatsoever of how to act openly to apparently seek advice from somebody such as you just cracked me up!

Sorry, I don't mean to be personal and I'm sure you are completely different in real life but I just found the situation so funny.

Surely you can see the funny side of it yourself - I hope so anyway!

Very Happy

162Ken Anderson - update. - Page 9 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun May 14 2017, 21:16

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Maybe ask them, rather than me.

163Ken Anderson - update. - Page 9 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun May 14 2017, 22:04

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Kane57 wrote:Maybe ask them, rather than me.

Ask them what?

As I say I'm not bothered about what the ST gets up to, they've clearly pissed off an army of folks including the clubs owner, so how on God's earth do they think they could possibly turn things around by asking you!

You're not the most liked or respected because of how you've acted on the internet over the years and quite frankly continue to behave as such still!

It is not like they've got no PR skills on their Board either as the woman from the ST is apparently a PR expert with her own PR business!

Surely if they have any business skills whatsoever they should realise that their customers - the ones the claim to speak on behalf of - simply do not like the service they are providing.  They must know that they've lost membership numbers at their renewal time, they must see that they attract no interest on their Twitter (I ask you who gives a fuck about a random past players birthday?) or Facebook sites.

Their website is dead - they've still not got a biography up for McGinlay (Christ how hard is it to do that!) and he's been their fucking Ambassador since more or less they started a year and a half ago!!!

They must have realised their ST 'app' was not what the ST was about yet they promoted it ceaselessly ever since.  I can't believe it to have been a success, in fact if I remember rightly didn't you do an article saying how shite it was on your LoV blog?

Even if you put all of that to one side, they must have noticed their turn out for their last public meeting was drastically down, that they are roundly and regularly criticised in the Bolton News, WanderersWays, The Wanderer, here on Nuts as well as the twitter and facebook relevant sites.

The poll of all but 100% negativity towards them on ww speaks volumes and clearly your article finally must have touched a nerve with them.

As far as I'm concerned and many other it seems too, people have totally lost faith in them.  They are the Gerald Ratner's of the Supporters Trust world.

The only course of action in my opinion would be to resign and let some others completely non associated with them to take over the reigns and to begin to build bridges (no pun intended) with everyone - particularly the fans who they are suppose to be representing.

I wouldn't want to do the job but there were plenty of others that made offers of their time and skills that this lot in charge never even bothered to respond too.

So what exactly should I be asking them?

I'd rather simply keep my distance from them personally.

164Ken Anderson - update. - Page 9 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon May 15 2017, 10:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Get a room you two!

165Ken Anderson - update. - Page 9 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Mon May 15 2017, 17:26

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The saying ‘patience is a virtue’ has never rang truer when you apply it to what has happened at this football club over the past 15 months.

At the end of last season we had no manager and there was concern in the media that we hadn’t appointed one immediately after we parted company with Neil Lennon. The feeling at the time was that we were facing an uncertain future and people were quite rightly wondering what was happening.

The point I am making is that there is a great deal going on behind the scenes, which unfortunately cannot always be commented on at a given time. 

Last season, it was several months before we announced the appointment of Phil Parkinson and his staff and I fully appreciated everybody’s concerns at the time. If you take into account what has happened in the 12 months since we can all say that everyone's patience was rewarded. We got the manager we wanted and look where we are today!

Likewise, I am asking you to remain patient and continue to get behind the club like you have done since I arrived.

I am optimistic that we will get out of the transfer embargo very soon and we are working tirelessly to ensure this happens.

We are in dialogue with BluMarble and the EFL, and my main aim is to resolve this so Phil and his staff have everything at their disposal to compete competitively in the Sky Bet Championship.

Like I said, I’m very confident that everyone's patience will be rewarded. As they say, Rome wasn't built in a day!

On Saturday evening, the Hotel hosted an evening with World Champion Anthony Joshua which proved to be very memorable and a fantastic night for all those who attended.

Special praise must go to Suzanne Speak and her team for arranging this and all the other successful events Bolton Whites has hosted recently.

Suzanne received some excellent feedback from Anthony’s staff who were impressed by our facilities and with how the evening transpired. He wants to come back in the near future to do another event!

Our International Football Programme is continuing to grow and bring in some important revenue for the business. Over the course of the summer, they will be looking to attract more clubs from all over the world whilst also delivering the programme overseas once again. 

Finally, I would just like to thank all of those who have renewed or purchased season tickets for the coming campaign. The early purchase deadline is on June 10 and I hope you will all take advantage before this date to get the best possible price.

Please visit Bolton Central in person, phone 0844 871 2932 or CLICK HERE to sign up and be a part of history with us once again.

Kind regards,

Ken

166Ken Anderson - update. - Page 9 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue May 16 2017, 21:34

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Hasn't written a column today. Hope he's alright.

167Ken Anderson - update. - Page 9 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue May 16 2017, 21:42

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Kane57 wrote:Hasn't written a column today. Hope he's alright.
What's he done to himself? ST in big trouble now.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

168Ken Anderson - update. - Page 9 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue May 16 2017, 21:54

boltonbonce wrote:
Kane57 wrote:Hasn't written a column today. Hope he's alright.
What's he done to himself? ST in big trouble now.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Ken kennedy.  Real name ken anderson.  One of my faves at one point.  Top mic worker

169Ken Anderson - update. - Page 9 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed May 24 2017, 11:04

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

As you know, I was hoping to focus purely on football matters during the summer but having seen the Bolton News article on Tuesday morning concerning the High Court hearing on Monday, l believe l should clarify the situation for the benefit of our supporters and trading partners.

Meanwhile, The Bolton News comment that Sports Shield is talking to a number of potential investors is, in my opinion, good news and l look forward to receiving clarification on this in due course.

Neither Bolton Wanderers Football Club, Inner Circle Investments or myself attended the court hearing as the winding-up hearing related to Sports Shield and not the Club.

The Club does not have a loan from BluMarble - Sportshield does and it is currently in default.

The shareholdings in Bolton Wanderers Football Club stand at 57.5% in favour of Inner Circle Investments and 37.5% in favour of Sports Shield .

Inner Circle Investments recently acquired circa 30% of Sports Shield with a view to assisting in resolving their current issues with BluMarble.

As it currently stands, Blu Marble do not own any shares in the club and it is Sport Shield I am negotiating with on the shares. 

Inner Circle Investments have made an offer to BluMarble to repay the Sports Shield loan. This offer is currently being considered and is one of the reasons why the hearing was adjourned.

The sooner that this matter is resolved, the better for all concerned.

I would also like to welcome Jem Karacan back to the club after we announced that he has signed a new one-year contract with us earlier today.

The memories of his opening goal against Peterborough United on the final day of the season to send us on our way to winning promotion will live long in the mind and we are delighted to have Jem back on board.

Kind regards,

Ken

170Ken Anderson - update. - Page 9 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Jun 01 2017, 11:33

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I am delighted to welcome back Gary Madine to the club alongside Jem Karacan and Andrew Taylor who we announced last week.

All three made vital contributions last season during our promotion winning campaign and they will be integral for us in the Sky Bet Championship next season. We are hoping to re-sign more of our squad over the coming days as well as bringing in some new faces to boost the overall quality.

Please stay tuned to the club’s official communication channels to keep fully informed.

The manager mentioned recently about the requirement to stick within our agreed salary structure when recruiting players. Both Phil and I are working very astutely to maintain this model of prudence for the long-term benefit of the club and to avoid the financial mistakes of the past.

A good example for us to look at is the success of Huddersfield Town who achieved promotion to the Premier League with a sensible wage structure. They have proved that dreams really do come true and are an inspiration. Hopefully, we will achieve the same dream as them.

I am delighted to report that the Bolton Wanderers Academy has provisionally been granted Category 2 status following an extensive audit by the Premier League. This decision will be ratified in a couple of weeks.

The announcement follows on the back of the recent news which saw the Academy, managed by former Wanderers player Jimmy Phillips, ranked fourth out of all 92 clubs in relation to the productivity score of the Premier League’s Elite Player Performance Plan.

The Academy, which is sponsored by Digital Bank, shares its facilities with the first team and also makes available its facilities for community use, which allows the club’s Community Trust the opportunity to provide programmes and assist in the development of their charitable aims of narrowing the gap of disadvantage, raising aspirations and getting the community more active.

The Academy is crucial to the development and future success of our football club and we will continue to invest in it to ensure we have the best facilities possible. Over £1m is being invested in the Academy.

I’d also like to thank the Bolton Wanderers Development Association for their continued support of the football club through their funding of capital projects, especially with their support of the Academy.

All Wanderers fans play their role in this funding by being part of the Lifeline and Goldline schemes as well as buying scratchcards and Golden Gamble tickets on match day.

Click here for more information on Lifeline and Goldline.

The success of our promotion campaign last season has seen an increase in the number of supporters who have purchased season tickets for the very first time.

With just over a week to go until the Early Purchase Deadline, we are on course to sell more season tickets for the Sky Bet Championship campaign than last term.

Around 10% of all sales so far are to supporters who haven’t held a season ticket in the past, proving that Bolton Wanderers Football Club is offering excellent value for money by becoming a season ticket holder instead of buying tickets on a match-by-match basis.

The Early Purchase Deadline ends on June 10 and we encourage all supporters to renew or purchase their season tickets ahead of this date to receive the best possible prices.

I cannot emphasise enough how important season ticket holders are to the club. By getting your season tickets early and backing the club, it allows us to directly invest in the squad and the facilities both at Macron Stadium and Lostock.

We’ve had some great momentum so far and it shows no signs of slowing down. If you haven’t already, please buy yours before June 10.

Click here to renew or purchase your season tickets today.

If you are a member of the club’s Lifeline scheme you will be also able to benefit from a 5% discount on your 2017/18 season ticket.

For more information, please email [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or 01204 673774.

Finally, the club and hotel are in with a great chance of winning five awards at tonight’s Stadium and Hospitality Awards 2017 at Liverpool Football Club. The ceremony aims to recognise the efforts and dedication shown by the catering, conference and events teams at every football and rugby stadium across the UK.

Everybody at the football club and hotel has worked very hard over the last 12 months to make big improvements for all our fans and customers and I hope we get the recognition that they all deserve.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 29 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum