Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ken Anderson - update.

+31
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
Wanderers for 45
y2johnny
Growler
luckyPeterpiper
Bollotom2014
Ten Bobsworth
Cajunboy
bryan458
Leeds_Trotter
finlaymcdanger
Soul Kitchen
Chairmanda
Bwfc1958
MartinBWFC
Kane57
Boggersbelief
terenceanne
Norpig
observer
Sluffy
karlypants
gloswhite
whatsgoingon
Fabians Right Peg
Natasha Whittam
King Bill
Bread2.0
boltonbonce
rammywhite
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 30 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 50]

181Ken Anderson - update. - Page 10 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Jul 02 2017, 12:47

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I understand KAs position but suggesting that player bonuses will only be paid if SS and BM accept the deal he has offered is sailing close to blackmail IMO as it means that BM and SS are put in the invidious position of having to suck up whatever Ken is offering them or risk jeopardising the future of the club.

I don't like the idea of KA using the club as a bargaining tool.

182Ken Anderson - update. - Page 10 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Jul 02 2017, 13:18

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:I understand KAs position but suggesting that player bonuses will only be paid if SS and BM accept the deal he has offered is sailing close to blackmail IMO as it means that BM and SS are put in the invidious position of having to suck up whatever Ken is offering them or risk jeopardising the future of the club.

I don't agree with your thinking at all.

Holdsworth it is known has not put anything into the club since he put in £4 million from the BluMarble loan (£1 million LESS than he borrowed remember!) and BM have never put anything directly into the club - so why do you think either one of them would be bothered if Anderson paid the bonuses or not?

BM has it's money tied to the assets of the club, so they know there money is ultimately safe and St Dean is probably holding out for as much as he can for his shares whilst not spending a penny in keeping the club going.

If anything it is the other way around and Anderson has been forced to pay the bonuses from his own pocket whilst the deadlock persists.

BM can't lose, at worst it will make Holdsworth Sport Shield bwfc out of business.

I assume Holdsworth's shares in the club are 'owned' by SSBWFC in which case the liquidator will sell them to the highest bidder I would imagine.

That being the case I would think Holdsworth is banking on Anderson not allowing that to happen and buying them off him directly before the final court hearing.

Anderson if anything is the hero in all of this - not the villain!

183Ken Anderson - update. - Page 10 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Jul 02 2017, 13:22

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:I understand KAs position but suggesting that player bonuses will only be paid if SS and BM accept the deal he has offered is sailing close to blackmail IMO as it means that BM and SS are put in the invidious position of having to suck up whatever Ken is offering them or risk jeopardising the future of the club.

Holdsworth it is known has not put anything into the club since he put in £4 million from the BluMarble loan (£1 million LESS than he borrowed remember!) and BM have never put anything directly into the club - so why do you think either one of them would be bothered if Anderson paid the bonuses or not?

BM has it's money tied to the assets of the club, so they know there money is ultimately safe and St Dean is probably holding out for as much as he can for his shares whilst not spending a penny in keeping the club going.

If anything it is the other way around and Anderson has been forced to pay the bonuses from his own pocket whilst the deadlock persists.

BM can't lose, at worst it will make Holdsworth Sport Shield bwfc out of business.

I assume Holdsworth's shares in the club are 'owned' by SSBWFC in which case the liquidator will sell them to the highest bidder I would imagine.

That being the case I would think Holdsworth is banking on Anderson not allowing that to happen and buying them off him directly before the final court hearing.

For now, KA is the hero to me as well... with business acumen. May he stay that way and play hardball until the club is solvent and on good footing.

184Ken Anderson - update. - Page 10 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Jul 02 2017, 14:38

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

As I said, I understand his position.
That doesn't change the fact that there is an implication that KA will pay the bonuses provided his offers are accepted. We don't know whether he's made a reasonable offer or not - he might have put in a derisory offer - but using the club's reputation and stability as a bargaining tool in a private matter is unethical.
And yes I do think they'd be bothered if KA paid the bonuses or not especially Deano who was first to step up to the plate to save the club. He might not have gone about it the right way but we might not be here today but for his early intervention.
KA buying shares is a private matter and he shouldn't be using the club to bargain with.
It comes across as "accept the tenner or the baby gets it". Tacky.

And just because I feel uncomfortable about this particular move doesn't mean I am not grateful for the other work KA has done so far.

185Ken Anderson - update. - Page 10 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Jul 02 2017, 14:42

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My view entirely. I've never really trusted KA,for obvious reasons,but I'm grateful for what he's done to date.
I'm hoping this doesn't get too messy.

186Ken Anderson - update. - Page 10 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Jul 02 2017, 14:55

He said he wouldnt put anymore of his own money in as his "partner" hasnt put fuck all in.  How is that KA'S fault. He has funded everything so far.  How is it fair for him to continue to do that when Holdsworth could just sell to someone else and he is left out of pocket. Im sure the players didnt have to visit the fucking food bank the moaning overpaid twats.

187Ken Anderson - update. - Page 10 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Jul 02 2017, 14:57

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:My view entirely. I've never really trusted KA,for obvious reasons,but I'm grateful for what he's done to date.
I'm hoping this doesn't get too messy.
We all want KA to succeed and become a successful Chairman and that goodwill has translated into an acceptance of the austerity measures he has introduced which Bolton fans had baulked at in previous years.

That said, Ken has form as a dodgy dealer and for now we are putting that to the back of our minds perhaps due to his early successes, but that doesn't mean he's suddenly transformed into a saint or that he isn't solely focused on a profitable exit strategy. Only time will tell as it's far too early to judge his performance one way or the other.

188Ken Anderson - update. - Page 10 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Jul 02 2017, 15:01

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:He said he wouldnt put anymore of his own money in as his "partner" hasnt put fuck all in.  How is that KA'S fault. 
It's not his fault. Nor is it Deano's fault that he has no more money to put in. That's just the situation.

And this situation provides KA with an opportunity to increase his shareholding so it's understandable that he's using his investment to take control of Deano's shares. That doesn't mean he shouldn't do it ethically.

189Ken Anderson - update. - Page 10 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Jul 02 2017, 15:04

Yeah buts hes paid it?  So he wasnt using it as a bargaining tool.  Maybe hes close to visiting a foodbank to due to the fact holdsworth PROMISED to fund 50/50 and hasnt done.  So therefore it is holdsworths fault

190Ken Anderson - update. - Page 10 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Jul 02 2017, 15:16

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

As I said, I understand his position.
That doesn't change the fact that there is an implication that KA will pay the bonuses provided his offers are accepted. We don't know whether he's made a reasonable offer or not - he might have put in a derisory offer - but using the club's reputation and stability as a bargaining tool in a private matter is unethical.
And yes I do think they'd be bothered if KA paid the bonuses or not especially Deano who was first to step up to the plate to save the club. He might not have gone about it the right way but we might not be here today but for his early intervention.
KA buying shares is a private matter and he shouldn't be using the club to bargain with.
It comes across as "accept the tenner or the baby gets it". Tacky.

And just because I feel uncomfortable about this particular move doesn't mean I am not grateful for the other work KA has done so far.

What on Earth are you on about?

What happens if Anderson did not pay the wages - nothing at all for weeks - the Football League and the players association would step in, shit would be thrown BUT that would take longer than the time the BluMarble v SSBWFC is back in court, in just over a weeks time.

Something has to happen on or before that date as its the final hearing!

There are still plenty assets to cover the players wages - indeed Anderson himself will pay them out of his own pocket - so he can't possibly have been 'blackmailing' BM or Holdsworth in the slightest.

As for Holdsworth being some sort of hero - what planet are you on?

Man with no money and in 'partnership' with someone later jailed for financial fraud, doggedly pursue ownership of club when no one else would - it all stunk at the time - and still stinks now!  

A £1 million set up fee!   Shocked

You're no better than a wum these days Lusty - and an extremely poor one at that.

191Ken Anderson - update. - Page 10 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Jul 02 2017, 15:25

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:You're no better than a wum these days Lusty - and an extremely poor one at that.

When are you going to understand that just because someone doesn't agree with you, it doesn't make them a "wum".

You did exactly the same thing to 1874 which cost us a great poster.

Forums work because people have differing opinions, they don't work if the mods insult everyone who doesn't agree with them.

192Ken Anderson - update. - Page 10 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Jul 02 2017, 15:33

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Sluffy wrote:You're no better than a wum these days Lusty - and an extremely poor one at that.

When are you going to understand that just because someone doesn't agree with you, it doesn't make them a "wum".

Forums work because people have differing opinions, they don't work if the mods insult everyone who doesn't agree with them.

Stand by.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

193Ken Anderson - update. - Page 10 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Jul 02 2017, 15:37

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I'm posting as a member of the forum, an equal, and not as the 'voice' of the forum.

I'm posting what I consider logic and common sense to someone who in the recent past as called me a moron and a facist!

I'm putting forward 'facts' to disprove his 'opinion'.

As for 1874/Largehat, there was a great deal of past history between us as well you know and in all the time he posted on here I never held it against him.

He clearly was the type who didn't like to lose any argument and he would (and did) argue and browbeat anyone who dared disagree with him.

People even stated they would refrain from posting on Nuts because of it.

He's not banned from here and if he ever wanted to return here I would be delighted as I'm sure most of us would.

194Ken Anderson - update. - Page 10 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Jul 02 2017, 15:48

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:I'm posting as a member of the forum, an equal, and not as the 'voice' of the forum.

I'm posting what I consider logic and common sense to someone who in the recent past as called me a moron and a facist!

1874 was not Largehat, but at least that explains your animosity towards him.

No one is saying you shouldn't argue, in fact some of the best recent threads have been between you and 1874, and you and wanderlust. But you are not an equal, you run the site so when you get personal it has a lot more meaning than me calling someone a bellend.

This site is teetering on the edge, you need to hold onto the posters you have. Just show a little more respect to the folk that choose to post on your site, even if you think what they write is bollocks.

195Ken Anderson - update. - Page 10 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Jul 02 2017, 16:35

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Sluffy wrote:I'm posting as a member of the forum, an equal, and not as the 'voice' of the forum.

1874 was not Largehat, but at least that explains your animosity towards him.

No one is saying you shouldn't argue, in fact some of the best recent threads have been between you and 1874, and you and wanderlust. But you are not an equal, you run the site so when you get personal it has a lot more meaning than me calling someone a bellend.

This site is teetering on the edge, you need to hold onto the posters you have. Just show a little more respect to the folk that choose to post on your site, even if you think what they write is bollocks.

I don't have animosity to anyone in real life - even those that have hurt me - so I certainly have non for people I don't know on the internet.

Although I do have administrative powers on the forum I have never used them for my own benefit.  I post on the forum as an equal to everyone else and the few times I am required to mod I do it honestly and fairly.

I don't deceive people and am tolerant of others - some of whom who have been on my case for years over something trifling done on an internet forum that they didn't agree with!

As far as I concerned I've posted fair comment to Wanderlust above.

Wanderlust is clearly an intelligent person and must I assume have reason to post what he has.

I merely pointed out the absurdity to it.

If that is being respectful to him then I guess I must have been.

As someone who I don't recall ever offering me an apology for calling me a moron and a fascist, I do offer him my apology if he's ever thought I've been disrespectful to him.

That was and never been my intention to him or anyone else.

196Ken Anderson - update. - Page 10 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Jul 02 2017, 16:42

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Wanderlust is clearly an intelligent person.

Steady, let's not go overboard.

Sluffy wrote:As someone who I don't recall ever offering me an apology for calling me a moron and a fascist, I do offer him my apology if he's ever thought I've been disrespectful to him.

That was and never been my intention to him or anyone else.

:clap:

Fair play to you.

Don't ever stop the debate/arguing because that's what makes a site more interesting. Passion for any subject should be applauded.

197Ken Anderson - update. - Page 10 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Jul 02 2017, 16:53

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Even slippers?

198Ken Anderson - update. - Page 10 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Jul 02 2017, 16:56

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

perhaps we should all have a thread of our own to share the delights of our favourite pastime, not sure how to do mine though without falling foul of obscenity laws  Razz

199Ken Anderson - update. - Page 10 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Jul 02 2017, 16:58

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:perhaps we should all have a thread of our own to share the delights of our favourite pastime, not sure how to do mine though without falling foul of obscenity laws  Razz
You could get Specsavers to sponsor it.

200Ken Anderson - update. - Page 10 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Jul 02 2017, 16:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Even slippers?

There are exceptions.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 30 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum