Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ken Anderson - update.

+31
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
Wanderers for 45
y2johnny
Growler
luckyPeterpiper
Bollotom2014
Ten Bobsworth
Cajunboy
bryan458
Leeds_Trotter
finlaymcdanger
Soul Kitchen
Chairmanda
Bwfc1958
MartinBWFC
Kane57
Boggersbelief
terenceanne
Norpig
observer
Sluffy
karlypants
gloswhite
whatsgoingon
Fabians Right Peg
Natasha Whittam
King Bill
Bread2.0
boltonbonce
rammywhite
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 41 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 33 of 50]

641Ken Anderson - update. - Page 33 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:02 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Now it's looking like Amanda Stanley's bid for Newcastle seems to have fallen through, maybe she/PCP Capital will take an interest in us?

642Ken Anderson - update. - Page 33 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:16 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:Now it's looking like Amanda Stanley's bid for Newcastle seems to have fallen through, maybe she/PCP Capital will take an interest in us?

I read that the bid was dependant on Newcastle remaining in the Premier League - and it hardly look like they will if they haven't strengthen at all in the window so far.

So I very much doubt we are on her shopping list if that is the case.

643Ken Anderson - update. - Page 33 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:25 pm

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Now it's looking like Amanda Stanley's bid for Newcastle seems to have fallen through, maybe she/PCP Capital will take an interest in us?

I read that the bid was dependant on Newcastle remaining in the Premier League - and it hardly look like they will if they haven't strengthen at all in the window so far.

She offered Ashley less money than he paid for Newcastle and there appear to be doubts about her own wealth.She handles £billions of others  people's cash but apparantly hasn't proven her own funds

644Ken Anderson - update. - Page 33 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:51 pm

Sluffy wrote:

Where have you read that Sluffy? From what I’ve read her bid fell short of what Ashley was after.

645Ken Anderson - update. - Page 33 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:07 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Where have you read that Sluffy? From what I’ve read her bid fell short of what Ashley was after.

I can't recall now.

The best I can find is the quote below that sorts of alludes to it.

Maybe I've got it wrong slightly and what I read was something like the bid is worth so much but if Newcastle stay up they will get an additional payment for doing so - a bit like how managers and players get additional money if they keep teams up or if they go on to become internationals, etc. - I'm sure you know what I mean.

Anyway this is what I've found doing a quick search -

Staveley's group, which is thought to be backed by money from the Middle East and China, is one of a series of prospective buyers that signed non-disclosure agreements with the club last year.

It made a formal offer for the club in November which, it is understood, could have eventually risen to £300m if certain targets were met.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

646Ken Anderson - update. - Page 33 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:05 am

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have to say that like many other managers, players and club administrators, l have found this transfer window to be one of the most difficult and frustrating that l have ever been involved in.

This was for a variety of reasons, but was mainly due to the fact that a number of clubs had a high level of injury problems, were reluctant to release their players and at the last minute they also missed out on transfers, which resulted in us then losing out on several agreed deals due to the knock-on effects. This was primarily the reason why both the Chung Yong Lee and Josh Cullen deals did not happen.

That said, we were very pleased with the deals that we did manage to complete.

I’d like to welcome Tyler Walker and Jon Flanagan who have joined us on loan for the remainder of the season from Nottingham Forest and Liverpool respectively, while I’m delighted that Reece Burke and in particular Zach Clough have returned to the club also on loan. These four join Harry Charsley in signing for the club during the window.

I am sure you’ll give them all a very warm welcome when they pull on the jersey.

A great deal has been written and said elsewhere about the transfer of Gary Madine, and l can say that, like many of you, l was very disappointed to lose him.

However, despite all that has been written and said elsewhere, even by some of the people close and actively involved in the transfer, it became obvious to me towards the end of last week that Gary and his advisors had decided on a move away despite having made what l considered to be a very good, new contract offer to Gary, whereby his salary and add-ons effectively doubled his current salary and extended the length of the contract by a further year to 2020.

However, for whatever their reasons, Gary and his advisors declined to accept our proposals.

Indeed, discussions came to a stage whereby Gary submitted a written transfer request on January 24, which was after the initial offers from Cardiff had been received and swiftly declined, and despite all the efforts made by the manager and myself to keep Gary, it was not to be.

I reluctantly agreed on Tuesday to meet with the Cardiff chairman personally to try and reach an agreement that would be financially beneficial and acceptable to the club.

As l said in my notes on January 17, and have said in the past, if and when an exceptional offer was made for any of our players, l would also have to consider the club’s longer term financial situation and base my final decision on now and the future, which as we all now know, culminated in Gary moving to Cardiff on a three-year deal and on substantially better terms than we could have offered him if l was to continue the prudent and commercially financial path that we are now having to take.

I do not blame or disagree with Gary’s decision and fully understand that he has to consider his own and his family’s future as the life and career of a professional footballer is a short one and is sometimes made even shorter by injury, as has clearly been seen with Mark Davies.

Both clubs agreed not to disclose the transfer details, but surprisingly - and l don’t know how - the level of the fee and the payment terms that have been referred to elsewhere and the figures being bandied around are not that far from reality.

Indeed, the transaction is one of the largest in this Sky Bet Championship window and is up there with previous club record transfers.

Furthermore, l can say that the determining factor in agreeing to the transfer, albeit that it was only reluctantly and finally accepted on Wednesday morning, was the fact that the fee was to be paid immediately with further substantial add-ons in the future, together with a substantial share of any future transfer proceeds.

As has been stated on many occasions by other clubs, the biggest disadvantage of doing last minute transfers is the difficulty and almost impossible challenge of finding a replacement so late in the day, and as it turned out, despite making numerous enquiries and several offers to other clubs and players, we were unable to conclude a deal to replace Gary.

Many of the names that have been mentioned in the media as possible targets were correct, but as l have already said, despite all the efforts by the manager, the recruitment team and myself, we were not successful.

We have not given up on finding a suitable replacement for Gary and are today actively looking at out-of-contract players.

Despite receiving bids for other players in our squad, we opted to ensure that nobody else left. It was always our intention to come out of this window with a larger squad, although I do accept that Gary is a massive loss and will be difficult to replace between now and the end of the season, but both the manager and I believe that we have a squad strong enough to retain Championship status this season and to kick on next season.

Tomorrow’s game against Bristol City marks the start of a busy month of February for the team, with six Sky Bet Championship fixtures to come – three away and home apiece.

Months such as this can be crucial, especially in our current position, with momentum there for the taking – picking up points when the games are coming thick and fast can make or break seasons.

And with us now having two successive home games, starting on Friday and next weekend against Fulham – we need to make our recent form here at Macron Stadium count.

As ever, your support is crucial and by sticking together and getting behind the players, home and away, we can achieve our ambitions.

If you haven’t already bought your tickets for the game, you can buy them online by clicking here. And please don’t forget that season ticket holders can buy up to four additional tickets for just £10 each so that their family, friends or colleagues can come to Macron Stadium and support the team.

As always, let's be loud, let's be proud and let’s get behind the boys!

Kind regards,

Ken

647Ken Anderson - update. - Page 33 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:16 pm

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Intersting to see Madine handed in a transfer request last week. So we basically had to get the best deal we could, and looks like we got a great deal.

648Ken Anderson - update. - Page 33 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:30 pm

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

can't argue with much said there. I'm sure some will.

649Ken Anderson - update. - Page 33 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:44 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fair play to KA for getting the best deal but minus points for not getting in a replacement as they knew a week ago he was likely to go.

650Ken Anderson - update. - Page 33 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:51 pm

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Sluffy wrote:

Experience has taught me that January is not the best time to bring new faces in, as unlike the summer window when you have the pre-season to settle them in and become familiar with their new team mates, there is not sufficient time in January for this.
Basically, they have to be ready and able to hit the ground running and settle in immediately, which is not always possible if they have not been playing regularly and they need time to get match fit and sharp.

In our current situation this has never been more important, as we already have an eligible squad of 33 players and l have to weigh up the ability of the manager being able to manage a squad of this size, let alone increase it and still keep the players happy when they are not being selected for the matchday squad.
A great deal of managers at all levels have commented on this over the years and generally speaking, the conventional wisdom is that 23/24 is a maximum ideal squad size.

I have set the ground rules running along the lines that any new player coming in has to be match fit and ready to challenge for a berth in the match day squad and to enhance immediately the quality we already have.
We don’t have the luxury of taking our time to acclimatise them or get them match fit.

I have made it absolutely clear to the manager that we need to have a balanced and manageable squad and before l can consider bringing players in he will need to trim the current squad size of those who have had little or no game time of late

Kind regards,
Ken

With 5 new players coming in  Ken seems to have changed his mind from 6 weeks ago, when he was talking about reducing the squad size.A bullshitter, albeit an articulate one, who makes it up as he goes along would be one way of describing it

Last edited by Growler on Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

651Ken Anderson - update. - Page 33 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:55 pm

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Growler wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Experience has taught me that January is not the best time to bring new faces in, as unlike the summer window when you have the pre-season to settle them in and become familiar with their new team mates, there is not sufficient time in January for this.
Basically, they have to be ready and able to hit the ground running and settle in immediately, which is not always possible if they have not been playing regularly and they need time to get match fit and sharp.

In our current situation this has never been more important, as we already have an eligible squad of 33 players and l have to weigh up the ability of the manager being able to manage a squad of this size, let alone increase it and still keep the players happy when they are not being selected for the matchday squad.
A great deal of managers at all levels have commented on this over the years and generally speaking, the conventional wisdom is that 23/24 is a maximum ideal squad size.

I have set the ground rules running along the lines that any new player coming in has to be match fit and ready to challenge for a berth in the match day squad and to enhance immediately the quality we already have.
We don’t have the luxury of taking our time to acclimatise them or get them match fit.

I have made it absolutely clear to the manager that we need to have a balanced and manageable squad and before l can consider bringing players in he will need to trim the current squad size of those who have had little or no game time of late

Kind regards,
Ken

With 5 new players coming in  Ken seems to have changed his mind from 6 weeks ago, when he was talking about reducing the squad size.A bullshitter, albeit an articulate one, who makes it up as he goes along would be one way of describing it
My guess is he tried to move players on, but failed... hence, the larger squad.  Let's hope Parky can motivate these players and help us finish one point or more ahead of the relegation zone.

652Ken Anderson - update. - Page 33 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:31 pm

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Growler wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Kind regards,
Ken

:rofl:

653Ken Anderson - update. - Page 33 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:30 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I'm not trying to be condescending but when you ever negotiate anything you don't simply lay all your cards out on the table first.

Anderson, like any competent negotiator will spin, misdirect, evade, mislead and everything else it takes to get himself the upper hand in his dealings.

Also there is a dynamic to the process - the circumstances and positions people had six weeks ago have changed - in some instances massively - up to the present time.

Of course nothing I will ever say will change the mind of the anti-Anderson supporters - but if Anderson had said nothing six weeks ago and sold a striker for £6 million down (or that is what I'm reading into what Ken says above), someone who is admittedly playing well - but has been here for quite a while before when he has not - who had put in a transfer request already and wanted away - then we'd all think KA had done a brilliant job.

At the end of the day Anderson owns the club - it is his asset.

If he fucks it up - then he is simply fucking himself.

Doesn't it make more sense for him to find the best way to maximise his own asset?

Madine wanted to go - these days there's not much clubs can do to stop them.

Yes we have a big hole to fill now he's gone - but wouldn't we just be in the same position if he was made to stay and he through his toys out of the pram and reverted to playing shit again?

At least this way Anderson is £6 million up and able to compensate a little bit by bringing some new legs into the side.

Not ideal I'll grant you but its the best of a bad job - and non of our relegation rivals seem to have had a wonderful transfer window either.

654Ken Anderson - update. - Page 33 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:54 pm

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Look - he managed to get £6m for someone who will possibly go down as one of the worst strikers we've ever had. He deserves a pat on the back for that from everyone.

655Ken Anderson - update. - Page 33 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:01 pm

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:I'm not trying to be condescending but when you ever negotiate anything you don't simply lay all your cards out on the table first.

Anderson, like any competent negotiator will spin, misdirect, evade, mislead and everything else it takes to get himself the upper hand in his dealings.

Also there is a dynamic to the process - the circumstances and positions people had six weeks ago have changed - in some instances massively - up to the present time.

Of course nothing I will ever say will change the mind of the anti-Anderson supporters - but if Anderson had said nothing six weeks ago and sold a striker for £6 million down (or that is what I'm reading into what Ken says above), someone who is admittedly playing well - but has been here for quite a while before when he has not - who had put in a transfer request already and wanted away - then we'd all think KA had done a brilliant job.

At the end of the day Anderson owns the club - it is his asset.

If he fucks it up - then he is simply fucking himself.

Doesn't it make more sense for him to find the best way to maximise his own asset?

Madine wanted to go - these days there's not much clubs can do to stop them.

Yes we have a big hole to fill now he's gone - but wouldn't we just be in the same position if he was made to stay and he through his toys out of the pram and reverted to playing shit again?

At least this way Anderson is £6 million up and able to compensate a little bit by bringing some new legs into the side.

Not ideal I'll grant you but its the best of a bad job - and non of our relegation rivals seem to have had a wonderful transfer window either.

If you had said someone would have offered 6 million quid for Madine a few months ago... you would have thought we found an insane buyer, and grabbed the money.  Madine scored more than anyone for us in quite some time... but he missed probably twice that number this season alone. If anyone thinks KA should not have taken a number like that, should be committed to an asylum. Madine probably should have had 15-20 already... how many sitters has he missed... or skied?  So he had a hot streak... that doesn't forecast what he will do in the second half of the season.  ITK says we have a striker lined up.  The aim this season is to finish at least one point ahead of the bottom three.  Is KA entitled to take the money and try to keep us up and sell on?  Of course... he kept us from going under.  If we are under embargo or not, it is his club.  But as Sluffy accurately says, KA stands to make more by staying up.  But please don't criticise KA for cashing in on a player we paid nothing for.  Let's instead hope he uses that money to help us stay up with a free agent or two.  I'll just be happy if we survive this season.

656Ken Anderson - update. - Page 33 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:48 pm

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Looking back on last Friday’s victory over Bristol City, it really was extremely pleasing for everybody at the football club for a number of reasons.

Of course, beating a promotion-chasing side was one highlight, but mostly, and I am sure you will agree, it was hugely inspiring how the players dug in after a week of change at the football club.

Some people outside of the club even questioned the players’ ability, but I think I speak for everybody associated with Bolton Wanderers when I say that they certainly proved all of their doubters wrong with the performance they put in against Bristol City.

Here at this football club, we have a group of players who will quite literally fight tooth and nail for the Bolton Wanderers cause, and by putting in a display like they did last Friday in front of millions watching at home, they have sent out a statement of intent to the rest of the division and the rest of the footballing world.

I must also thank you for your incredible support and vociferous backing that night too – as the manager and players mentioned in their post-match interviews, it really made the world of difference, particularly in the second half of the game prior to and after Sammy Ameobi’s goal.

You turned Macron Stadium into a cauldron of noise that was extremely intimidating for the opposition and you could see on the faces of the Bristol City players just how much of a difference it made – they were visibly unnerved at times.

Please endeavour to create this type of atmosphere at all our remaining home games – you truly can make all the difference and you proved that last time out here.

That result meanwhile, coupled with the majority of results falling in our favour over the weekend, sees us currently sitting three points ahead of the bottom three.

Considering where we found ourselves at the end of September, it truly is an incredible achievement and it is one that we cannot rest on our laurels with – we must maintain our focus and pull ourselves even further away from the mire, starting this coming Saturday against Fulham.

I will be visiting our hospitality suites ahead of the game to meet and greet some of our supporters and answer any questions you may have.

As I have said on numerous occasions since I joined the football club, I will always endeavour to be as open and honest as possible with you, our fantastic supporters, and by holding visits such as this, I hope that our relationship can only become stronger.

We are a family club and with that in mind, we have held numerous player signing sessions in Bolton Central ahead of our home games this season to allow you and the team that you back unwaveringly throughout the campaign to have as strong a bond as possible.

Details of one ahead of this weekend's match meanwhile will be announced in the coming days.

Unity across the board is key to success, and if we all continue to sing from the same hymn sheet, then I am confident that we will achieve our collective dream of retaining our Sky Bet Championship status come May 6.

As always however, let’s be loud, let’s be proud and let’s get behind the team.

Kind regards,

Ken

657Ken Anderson - update. - Page 33 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:23 pm

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Stunned that he hasn't patted himself on the back at least once for getting such a huge sum for a shithouse like Madine.

658Ken Anderson - update. - Page 33 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:05 am

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Kane57 wrote:Stunned that he hasn't patted himself on the back at least once for getting such a huge sum for a shithouse like Madine.
He'll be wise to make sure we avoid relegation before crowing about selling the top scorer

659Ken Anderson - update. - Page 33 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:09 am

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Growler wrote:
Kane57 wrote:Stunned that he hasn't patted himself on the back at least once for getting such a huge sum for a shithouse like Madine.
He'll be wise to make sure we avoid relegation before crowing about selling the top scorer
He didn't really have a choice. Madine handed in a transfer request. No point in keeping someone on the books who doesn't want to be there. It's bad for the dressing room, could start all sorts of problems.

660Ken Anderson - update. - Page 33 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:21 am

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I’m sorry but getting £6M for Gary Madine is astonishingly good business. Props to KA. He deserves a statue for that alone

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 33 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 41 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum