Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » ALF is a Wanderer

ALF is a Wanderer

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1ALF is a Wanderer Empty ALF is a Wanderer on Tue Jan 31 2017, 18:13

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Deserved it's own thread 

2ALF is a Wanderer Empty Re: ALF is a Wanderer on Tue Jan 31 2017, 18:47

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Hope he scores a lot more than he did at Wigan then...

3ALF is a Wanderer Empty Re: ALF is a Wanderer on Tue Jan 31 2017, 18:51

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Someone call a medic for Norpig.

4ALF is a Wanderer Empty Re: ALF is a Wanderer on Tue Jan 31 2017, 18:57

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Someone call a medic for Norpig.
Especially when he sees Clough has gone as well!

5ALF is a Wanderer Empty Re: ALF is a Wanderer on Tue Jan 31 2017, 20:05

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Someone call a medic for Norpig.
Especially when he sees Clough has gone as well!
That parrot is not dead yet.

6ALF is a Wanderer Empty Re: ALF is a Wanderer on Tue Jan 31 2017, 21:02

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
ALF  cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Clough  Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

7ALF is a Wanderer Empty Re: ALF is a Wanderer on Tue Jan 31 2017, 21:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
We won't miss Clough in this league. He plays well once every 5 or 6 games.

ALF will be a better partner for Madine.

8ALF is a Wanderer Empty Re: ALF is a Wanderer on Tue Jan 31 2017, 22:35

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
it was all down to me changing my avatar to ALF earlier in the day you know  Very Happy

9ALF is a Wanderer Empty Re: ALF is a Wanderer on Tue Jan 31 2017, 22:37

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
If he flops,you're getting the blame. Very Happy

10ALF is a Wanderer Empty Re: ALF is a Wanderer on Tue Jan 31 2017, 22:38

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
he won't flop, he guarantees goals  Very Happy

11ALF is a Wanderer Empty Re: ALF is a Wanderer on Tue Jan 31 2017, 22:45

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
The next time we have a free kick on the edge of the box, we might just wish he was still in white
No Ameobe No Clough No flair ?

12ALF is a Wanderer Empty Re: ALF is a Wanderer on Tue Jan 31 2017, 22:56

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:The next time we have a free kick on the edge of the box, we might just wish he was still in white
No Ameobe No Clough No flair ?

+1

13ALF is a Wanderer Empty Re: ALF is a Wanderer on Wed Feb 01 2017, 07:11

Jack Russell

Jack Russell
David Lee
David Lee
We turned down an offer for Trotter, now we have to keep on paying him !! ::seething:: ::mad::

14ALF is a Wanderer Empty Re: ALF is a Wanderer on Wed Feb 01 2017, 08:05

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:We turned down an offer for Trotter, now we have to keep on paying him !! ::seething:: ::mad::
That's the Wonder of Woolworths!

15ALF is a Wanderer Empty Re: ALF is a Wanderer on Wed Feb 01 2017, 08:46

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
I really don't understand the Trotter one, given that:

(A) He's out of contract come July

(B) He's supposedly one of the ones on daft money

(C) He's injured quite a lot of the time

and

(D) He's shite.

Why on earth are we keeping him?

Surely, even if the fee was negligible, it'd be better to get him off the books ASAP.

Odd.

16ALF is a Wanderer Empty Re: ALF is a Wanderer on Wed Feb 01 2017, 09:49

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Am I right in thinking that overall we've gained two young and allegedly pacy wingers on loan, ALF plus £3 million but lost Clough who has a comparable goal scoring record to ALF i.e. 1 every 3 games? 

If so it sounds a bit like short-termism - a cash building exercise as much as team building. TBF it's probably needed but our failure to get the dead weight off the books may cost us. There will be a lot of pressure on ALF to do the business and fire us into the Championship and if we get there it will be a chance to review the squad again.

17ALF is a Wanderer Empty Re: ALF is a Wanderer on Wed Feb 01 2017, 09:51

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Getting there is a big IF. It's all downhill now I'm afraid, mid table at best after the last two league performances.

18ALF is a Wanderer Empty Re: ALF is a Wanderer on Wed Feb 01 2017, 10:49

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson
A change is as good as a rest. Other teams had sussed our way of play, hence the downturn in performances, but bringing in new players could well be just what we need. Its good to see ALF back.

19ALF is a Wanderer Empty Re: ALF is a Wanderer on Wed Feb 01 2017, 11:27

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Am I right in thinking that overall we've gained two young and allegedly pacy wingers on loan, ALF plus £3 million but lost Clough who has a comparable goal scoring record to ALF i.e. 1 every 3 games? 

If so it sounds a bit like short-termism - a cash building exercise as much as team building. TBF it's probably needed but our failure to get the dead weight off the books may cost us. There will be a lot of pressure on ALF to do the business and fire us into the Championship and if we get there it will be a chance to review the squad again.

Wanderlust, you keep making this "comparable goal record" claim, but that hides the fact Clough was a bit of a lazy bugger and ALF is an all out 100% effort kind of guy.

We'll improve with ALF.

20ALF is a Wanderer Empty Re: ALF is a Wanderer on Wed Feb 01 2017, 11:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I really don't understand the Trotter one, given that:

(A) He's out of contract come July

(B) He's supposedly one of the ones on daft money

(C) He's injured quite a lot of the time

and

(D) He's shite.

Why on earth are we keeping him?

Surely, even if the fee was negligible, it'd be better to get him off the books ASAP.

Odd.

Did someone really offer for Trotter, or is it just a rumour?

Like you say, why on Earth would ANY offer be turned down for that useless stump.

21ALF is a Wanderer Empty Re: ALF is a Wanderer on Wed Feb 01 2017, 11:29

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
From the mouth of Iles.

(So it's probably not true.)

22ALF is a Wanderer Empty Re: ALF is a Wanderer on Wed Feb 01 2017, 11:39

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
i'm still smiiling that my boyfriend ALF is back  I love you

23ALF is a Wanderer Empty Re: ALF is a Wanderer on Wed Feb 01 2017, 11:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:i'm still smiiling that my boyfriend ALF is back  I love you

Will you still watch City?

24ALF is a Wanderer Empty Re: ALF is a Wanderer on Wed Feb 01 2017, 12:00

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
only when my son makes me  Very Happy

25ALF is a Wanderer Empty Re: ALF is a Wanderer on Wed Feb 01 2017, 12:13

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:only when my son makes me  Very Happy

Who did city sign?

26ALF is a Wanderer Empty Re: ALF is a Wanderer on Wed Feb 01 2017, 12:19

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:only when my son makes me  Very Happy

Who did city sign?
it's like flogging a dead horse now this joke, find something else to try to wind me up now please

27ALF is a Wanderer Empty Re: ALF is a Wanderer on Wed Feb 01 2017, 12:24

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Who's he?

28ALF is a Wanderer Empty Re: ALF is a Wanderer on Wed Feb 01 2017, 12:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Am I right in thinking that overall we've gained two young and allegedly pacy wingers on loan, ALF plus £3 million but lost Clough who has a comparable goal scoring record to ALF i.e. 1 every 3 games? 

If so it sounds a bit like short-termism - a cash building exercise as much as team building. TBF it's probably needed but our failure to get the dead weight off the books may cost us. There will be a lot of pressure on ALF to do the business and fire us into the Championship and if we get there it will be a chance to review the squad again.

Wanderlust, you keep making this "comparable goal record" claim, but that hides the fact Clough was a bit of a lazy bugger and ALF is an all out 100% effort kind of guy.

We'll improve with ALF.
Hopefully we'll improve enough to get promoted because that seems to be the £3 million gamble. Doesn't detract from the fact that we don't score enough goals and that ALF doesn't score any more frequently than Clough does therefore if we are going to improve it will come down to a change in style of play (not likely with Parky) or that Long and Viv a) actually get to play and b) play better than their predecessors and chip in with a few goals themselves.
Clough will be scoring goals long after ALF has retired so whilst we may need the money to bridge our finances in the short term,  we will need a replacement when ALF's loan expires. In fact we'll probably need half a squad come the summer so promotion is needed to cover the rebuilding costs. 
If we don't get promoted this season and get stuck in this league we could be here for a while building around the likes of Proctor and the other players who will be returning. On that basis I think this year is our best hope so selling Clough perhaps indicates we are under the cosh financially rather than anything to do with squad building IMO.

29ALF is a Wanderer Empty Re: ALF is a Wanderer on Wed Feb 01 2017, 13:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
ALF has scored his goals at a higher level than Clough.

He'll piss it at this level.

30ALF is a Wanderer Empty Re: ALF is a Wanderer on Wed Feb 01 2017, 13:25

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
ALF's a proven goalscorer and now he has to do it all over again - even though he did nothing at Wigan recently.

Wigan meanwhile have had a punt on Omar Bogle who has been brilliant in the lower leagues and for Grimsby and I suspect he'll be able to step up to the Championship no problemo as he's such a beast. I guess the days of us gambling on young players to come good are suspended until we sort out our finances.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum