Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Season ticket prices for next season

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Season ticket prices for next season Empty Season ticket prices for next season Thu Mar 02 2017, 13:40

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bradford are renowned for having cheap season tickets and they are doing the same for next season. The early bird deal means an adult season ticket would cost only £149! Even if you waited till the last minute you would only pay £299. An under 11 ticket is a fiver in the early bird deal  Shocked

Is this something BWFC should be looking to do? Bradford are hoping to get 20,000 signed up on the cheaper prices but could we get enough fans to commit to something similar?

I'm no maths genius but surely it makes sense to have 20,000 or similar paying a smaller amount than, like us having 10,000 season ticket holders paying close on £400?

Think of all the extra revenue from catering and refreshments knowing you can practically guarantee 20,000 people every home game and how much better an atmosphere there would be at the match

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You'll need more than cheap deals to entice Bread & wanderlust away from their armchairs.

20000 paying an average of 150 would be 3 million

10000 paying on average 300 would aldo be 3 million

The benefits of having 20000 at 150 though would be the extra revenue from club shop and food stands and programmes etc.  Not to mention a better atmosphere.

For me, they should be giving 2 maybe 3 thousand tickets to year 10 and 11 students for nothing while we arent filling the place.  They are seats that would be empty anyway and we might make some moeny in the other ways mentioned above.

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'm not disagreeing, but don't underestimate the oncosts of larger crowds in terms of policing, stewarding, extra catering staff etc. By the time you've taken the 20% vat off, and factored in concessions, 20000 at 150 would have costs in excess of 1.5 times of same revenue of 10000 at 300. Not saying there aren't benefits in terms of atmosphere, or getting kids involved early, but purely financially, it's not a money spinner especially as there's a lot of research showing those who pay less for a ticket also have a much lower spend per head profile in terms of programme sales, drinks, pies etc.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

good points Manda, i told you i wasn't a maths genius  Very Happy

We do need to look into ways to get people back through the turnstiles though. Our season tickets aren't that expensive but even 10-20% reduction and even cheaper kids tickets would make more people think about committing to a season ticket.
Crowds have held up better than i thought this year but you can bet if we stay in league 1 then numbers will start to dip again

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Offering discounted, or free, tickets may be a good idea, but you have to be careful when the hardcore season ticket buyers start asking why shouldn't they just wait until the club offers cheaper tickets, out of desperation. The club will be missing out on certain money. 
Specific freebies, such as the disabled, schools, selected associations, etc, would be a good idea, on an occasional basis, but for large swathes of the paying public, just to fill up seats, would irritate the season ticket holders.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum