Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Watch Parkinson and Carlos Carvalhal get sent off

3 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Phil Parkinson and Carlos Carvalhal saw red for a scrap in Bolton's 3-2 win over Sheffield Wednesday in the Carabao Cup on Tuesday.

The managers clashed on the touchline just minutes before the final whistle after a foul by Wednesday's Scottish international Barry Bannan on substitute Filipe Morais.

Referee David Webb gave Bannan a yellow card for the incident, but then dismissed the rival bosses after they squared off in the technical area.

Security then needed to intervene as Wednesday manager Carvalhal appeared to tussle with a steward.

"Bannan, for me, has made a dangerous tackle right in front of us," said Parkinson after the game. "I have left the technical area by a couple of yards to have a go at him.

"Maybe I shouldn't do that but it is a natural reaction. Carlos has run from their dugout right across to get involved. After that the ref sent us to the stand."

Carvalhal admitted he deserved to be sent to the stand after the confrontation with his opposite number.

"It is easy to explain," he said. "There was a foul from [Bannan] and I didn't like it because [Parkinson] pressured the referee.

"I went to the fourth official and said he can't press the referee. With the emotion of the moment I was out of my technical area.

"I think the decision of the referee was correct. But there are reasons why I moved from my position."

After being embroiled in a tussle with the steward, Carvalhal added: "I don't want to talk too much about that.

"He apologised to me. It was a person with age. I must respect older persons but in that moment he acted really badly."

Watch the above video to see both managers tussle with each other on the touchline.

Click link for video

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is that classed as a "scrap" these days? They didn't lay a finger on one another.

Natasha Whittam wrote:Is that classed as a "scrap" these days? They didn't lay a finger on one another.

:rofl:

Exactly, a minor verbal altercation.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I bet Mr & Mrs Johnny have one of those "scraps" every night.

Natasha Whittam wrote:I bet Mr & Mrs Johnny have one of those "scraps" every night.
Nope, she just beats the living shit out of me if i don't do as i am told!  Silence is golden!

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum