Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Carlos "The Rock" Sanchez - Mark ILES (LATEST)

+6
Michael Bolton
Keegan
Born to be a wanderer
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Sounds like bollocks to me but here it is anyway -

Wanderers hope to sweet talk Colombia international Carlos Sanchez into providing the muscle behind their promotion push.

Reports over the weekend have linked the Whites with a move for the 26-year-old – nicknamed La Roca, or “The Rock” – whose contract at French club Valenciennes expires at the end of the month.

Owen Coyle faces stiff competition to land the powerhouse midfielder, considered the perfect replacement for Nigel Reo-Coker who quit the Reebok at the end of the season.

Reading have already spoken with the player’s representatives. But it is understood the newly-promoted Royals are only willing to offer a one-year deal and have now cooled their interest, leaving the way clear for Wanderers to steal their man.

The Whites have made an impressive offer, plus incentives, for Sanchez to help get the club back into the Premier League at the first time of asking.

And they are confident of clinching the deal if they can secure a face-to-face meeting in the next couple of weeks.

A handful of foreign clubs are also maintaining an interest, most notably Udinese and Genoa from Italy, and Real Betis and Deportivo la Coruna of Spain.

Although born in Colombia, Sanchez came into professional football in Uruguay, starting with Danubio before playing for two years at River de Uruguay in Montevideo.

He moved to Valenciennes in 2007 and made 21 league starts last season. He has also won 25 international caps, so would not struggle to gain a work permit, and is currently with the squad for a World Cup qualifier against Ecuador.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Sluffy on Mon Jul 02 2012, 14:33; edited 1 time in total

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd sign this guy today. I'd offer him the captains armband and free blow-jobs from a selection of high class hookers.

We need someone called "The Rock" in midfield.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nixon has confirmed our interest.

seems fanciful to me to think someone would turn down champions league football to play in the second tier of English football.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Nixon has confirmed our interest.

seems fanciful to me to think someone would turn down champions league football to play in the second tier of English football.

Jeez, stop spoiling my day. For the first time I actually think a Coyle transfer target would be a decent signing. Give me 24 hours to pretend it might happen.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just because he's called "the rock" doesn't mean he's any good.

I've never seen him play. Unless your basing that on your knowledge of his game, in which case i apologise.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Just because he's called "the rock" doesn't mean he's any good.

I've never seen him play. Unless your basing that on your knowledge of his game, in which case i apologise.

I'd never even heard of him until 10 minutes ago, but you don't get a nickname like "The Rock" unless you're, well, a rock.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ah i see it was all based on his nickname.

for a moment there i thought you had seen him play.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Ah i see it was all based on his nickname.

for a moment there i thought you had seen him play.

I have no interest in foreign football whatsoever, I base my opinions on how cool their names are. You don't get much cooler than "The Rock".

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dioufs nickname was "serial killer"

though im sure he hasn't actually killed anyone.

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Good signing if we get him.Bolton Wanderers on the up Blackburn Rovers sliding in to obscurity Bolton Hater.Hoilett £700-000 LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Born to be a wanderer wrote:Good signing if we get him.Bolton Wanderers on the up Blackburn Rovers sliding in to obscurity Bolton Hater.Hoilett £700-000 LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Udinese or Bolton? I wonder which he will choose?

IDIOTS.

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Blackburn the joke of Lancashire your derbys will be with accrington in a year or 2.Rovers v Accrington at the Venkydrome.At least we are going for players.The contract apparantley is quite sweet with a big bonus for instant return to the Premier.Bolton Hater i bet you are a fat bellied small cocked six fingered mutant.How many season tickets you sold for the Venkydrome not many i bet LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Can you smell what The Rock is cooking?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:I'd sign this guy today. I'd offer him the captains armband and free blow-jobs from a selection of high class hookers.

We need someone called "The Rock" in midfield.

Maybe you could give him free blow jobs, its for the good of the club. Very Happy

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Rock off!

(What a surprise, eh!?)

WANDERERS are preparing to shelve their interest in Colombia international Carlos Sanchez.

The club have been trying to bring the hard-tackling midfielder to England for more talks after his release from Valenciennes, but have so far drawn a blank.

Sanchez – nicknamed “The Rock” – is proving elusive to contact, not least because a number of different people are claiming to represent him. Owen Coyle would still like the chance to speak to the 26-year-old but is now putting his efforts into landing goalkeeper Andy Lonergan from Leeds United and finalising a deal for Leicester City’s Matt Mills after strengthening his midfield with the signing of Keith Andrews on a free transfer last week.

Sanchez had spoken with Reading and seemed keen to play in England next season despite rumoured interest from a handful of clubs in Spain and Italy. But he was unable to gain the contract he wanted with the Royals and may also have missed the boat on a move to the Reebok.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

With all the people claiming to represent him, it is difficult for Coyle to smell what The Rock is cooking, apparently.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keegan wrote:With all the people claiming to represent him, it is difficult for Coyle to smell what The Rock is cooking, apparently.

I reckon Coyle's brother-in-law ( the portly kit man ) will have no problem in telling Coyle what the Rock is cooking.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It could be fresh bread for all we know.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is a guy who apparently had champions league teams chasing him....

I think that says it all.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:This is a guy who apparently had champions league teams chasing him....

I think that says it all.

Its this seasons Miquel Veloso! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

does 'unable to contact' constitute as the good old 'tried and failed' routine?

dont worry 'the rock' ... there is always Blackburn. Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum