Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views.

+35
karlypants
Norpig
Sluffy
Whitesince63
Hip Priest
Ten Bobsworth
Banks of the Croal
sunlight
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
luckyPeterpiper
boltonbonce
Bolton Nuts
Nigelbwfc
wessy
RustyNail
rammywhite
Cajunboy
Angry Dad
Boggersbelief
observer
Copper Dragon
Leeds_Trotter
MartinBWFC
gloswhite
DEANO82
Growler
okocha
Bread2.0
Chairmanda
Bollotom2014
Reebok Trotter
Kane57
Fabians Right Peg
terenceanne
39 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 28 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 50]

101OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 6 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:56 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

No Italy at next years World Cup!

Four-time champions Italy failed to reach the World Cup for the first time since 1958 after a play-off defeat against Sweden.
It means the Azzurri will not be present in the competition for only the second time in their history having declined to play at the inaugural tournament in 1930.
Midfielder Jakob Johansson's deflected strike in the first leg was the difference as the second leg at Milan's San Siro stadium ended goalless.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41955834

102OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 6 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:56 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:No Italy at next years World Cup!

Four-time champions Italy failed to reach the World Cup for the first time since 1958 after a play-off defeat against Sweden.
It means the Azzurri will not be present in the competition for only the second time in their history having declined to play at the inaugural tournament in 1930.
Midfielder Jakob Johansson's deflected strike in the first leg was the difference as the second leg at Milan's San Siro stadium ended goalless.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41955834
TBH they just weren't good enough - a shadow of Italian teams from the past, especially going forward. I thought the criticism of England's performance against Brazil was unwarranted. A very young second string team turned in a superb defensive performance against a top attack. Southgate's back three looked really accomplished - without Cahill. Not sure if it's a wise thing to say or not, but they showed enough to suggest that England might actually be contenders.

103OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 6 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:14 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We still look like we lack creativity in midfield and a goal threat without Kane but from what i saw the likes of Gomez and Maguire did well and Stones finally looks to be turning into the player everyone thought he would be.
Can't see us doing anything next summer but you never know, if the younger players like Loftus-Cheek and Abraham can get regular top flight football then we will have a much better chance in the future.

104OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 6 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:14 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A good little read this, just shows what can happen if you give people a chance to prove themselves

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41902664

105OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 6 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:59 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

106OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 6 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:28 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Hull have sacked their manager.

Probably not the most exciting news in football but I really believe that Hull (and Sunderland) could end up below us this season - both clubs in a complete shambles following relegation from the Premier - so hopefully they won't be finding themselves a decent boss.

Hull City boss Leonid Slutsky has left the club by "mutual consent" after the Championship side went seven games without a win.
The former CSKA Moscow manager became the first Russian to manage an English side when he took over the relegated Premier League club in the summer.
However, the 46-year-old won only four of his 20 league games in charge and questioned his players' mentality after losing 4-1 at Sheffield United.
Hull are 20th in the Championship.
Slutsky arrived at the East Yorkshire club with considerable pedigree, having won three Russian titles with CSKA Moscow and managed Russia at Euro 2016.
Under Slutsky's leadership the Tigers scored 34 goals in the Championship, but conceded 37 - the third-highest total in the division.
His last game was a 2-2 draw at Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday.
Slutsky's departure means Hull are looking for their fourth manager since Steve Bruce resigned in July 2016.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41888751

107OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 6 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:59 am

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I enjoyed this.

Razz Razz Razz

108OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 6 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:03 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:A good little read this, just shows what can happen if you give people a chance to prove themselves

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41902664

Ostersunds have drawn Arsenal in the Europa league now, should be an interesting match.

109OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 6 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:08 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

110OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 6 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:01 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The woman next to him never got a chance to say anything.  lol!

111OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 6 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:54 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tony Pulis is the new Middlesbrough boss.

112OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 6 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:34 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

113OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 6 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:08 pm

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I see that with the £75 million signing of Van Dijk, Liverpool have now paid Southampton £165 million for 6 players since June 2014.

114OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 6 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:09 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Great to see Owen Coyle still doing the business at Ross County.
A goal down after 90 seconds tonight at home to St. Johnstone,and rock bottom of the league.
Nice work Owen.

115OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 6 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:10 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Disastrous signing. He may be better than what they have, but at £75m I'd be expecting world class quality.

116OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 6 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:35 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:Great to see Owen Coyle still doing the business at Ross County.
A goal down after 90 seconds tonight at home to St. Johnstone, and rock bottom of the league.
Nice work Owen.

Almost as though I wrote that myself!

Very Happy

117OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 6 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:57 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:Great to see Owen Coyle still doing the business at Ross County.
A goal down after 90 seconds tonight at home to St. Johnstone, and rock bottom of the league.
Nice work Owen.

Almost as though I wrote that myself!

Very Happy

Second bottom on GD now. Things are looking up. Very Happy

118OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 6 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:11 am

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:Disastrous signing. He may be better than what they have, but at £75m I'd be expecting world class quality.

Klopp is all hype.

One player - even a £75 million one - wont provide a defence whilst the team is set up just to attack all the time. Liverpool will always give away chances at the back to Premier League sides, whilst they play under Klopp's philosophy.

What are they going to do when van Dijk gets injured or suspended - it's simply back to how they are now.

They've signed Keita for £48 million for next season who is a Kante type player as I understand it, so maybe he will give the defence some cover but again what happens when he is injured/suspended - and for him to play will mean one less attacking player for Klopp.

I assume with so much being paid out by Liverpool that Coutinho will be going - and for me he is the heartbeat of Liverpool.

As someone who isn't a big Liverpool fan I think Klopp is doing a wonderful job and look forward to seeing him waste many more of their millions promising so much and achieving so little!

119OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 6 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:48 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very well known man(in his time) training with Nat. You old codgers might get him.
OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 6 ?ui=2&ik=3fc8133cb9&view=fimg&th=160b78a21420cdb2&attid=0

120OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 6 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:08 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Klopp is all hype.

One player - even a £75 million one - wont provide a defence whilst the team is set up just to attack all the time.  Liverpool will always give away chances at the back to Premier League sides, whilst they play under Klopp's philosophy.

What are they going to do when van Dijk gets injured or suspended - it's simply back to how they are now.

They've signed Keita for £48 million for next season who is a Kante type player as I understand it, so maybe he will give the defence some cover but again what happens when he is injured/suspended - and for him to play will mean one less attacking player for Klopp.

I assume with so much being paid out by Liverpool that Coutinho will be going - and for me he is the heartbeat of Liverpool.

As someone who isn't a big Liverpool fan I think Klopp is doing a wonderful job and look forward to seeing him waste many more of their millions promising so much and achieving so little!

I like Klopp because his teams entertain the neutral. People seem to forget that football is supposed to be entertaining - I'd much rather watch Klopp's Liverpool with their leaky defence than Fat Sam's spoilers at Everton - who have spent almost as much as Liverpool over the last 12 months.

What Liverpool have spent is peanuts compared to Man City, hence why they aren't in a position to challenge right now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 28 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum