Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views.

+35
karlypants
Norpig
Sluffy
Whitesince63
Hip Priest
Ten Bobsworth
Banks of the Croal
sunlight
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
luckyPeterpiper
boltonbonce
Bolton Nuts
Nigelbwfc
wessy
RustyNail
rammywhite
Cajunboy
Angry Dad
Boggersbelief
observer
Copper Dragon
Leeds_Trotter
MartinBWFC
gloswhite
DEANO82
Growler
okocha
Bread2.0
Chairmanda
Bollotom2014
Reebok Trotter
Kane57
Fabians Right Peg
terenceanne
39 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 50]

21OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 2 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Wed Aug 30 2017, 14:46

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Eh?

He's in talks with LIVERPOOL

Rolling Eyes

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain started Arsenal's defeat at Anfield last weekend
Liverpool have opened talks with Arsenal over a move for midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.
The 24-year-old England international rejected a move to Chelsea on Tuesday after a £40m fee was agreed.
Oxlade-Chamberlain sees his future as a central midfielder and feels he is more likely to get that chance at Anfield.
It remains to be seen whether Liverpool are prepared to match Chelsea's offer for a player who would be available on a free transfer next summer.
Oxlade-Chamberlain has started each of Arsenal's four games so far this season despite telling manager Arsene Wenger he would not sign a new contract.
He was applauded warmly by the Liverpool fans after he was substituted during Arsenal's 4-0 defeat at Anfield on Sunday.
The midfielder has made 198 appearances for Arsenal since joining them from Southampton in August 2011.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41098529

22OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 2 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Wed Aug 30 2017, 14:51

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Eh?

He's in talks with LIVERPOOL

Rolling Eyes

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain started Arsenal's defeat at Anfield last weekend
Liverpool have opened talks with Arsenal over a move for midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.
The 24-year-old England international rejected a move to Chelsea on Tuesday after a £40m fee was agreed.
Oxlade-Chamberlain sees his future as a central midfielder and feels he is more likely to get that chance at Anfield.
It remains to be seen whether Liverpool are prepared to match Chelsea's offer for a player who would be available on a free transfer next summer.
Oxlade-Chamberlain has started each of Arsenal's four games so far this season despite telling manager Arsene Wenger he would not sign a new contract.
He was applauded warmly by the Liverpool fans after he was substituted during Arsenal's 4-0 defeat at Anfield on Sunday.
The midfielder has made 198 appearances for Arsenal since joining them from Southampton in August 2011.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41098529
We know. He's currently 1-5 to join the Scousers which doesn't in anyway affect the content of the video produced by some deluded Chelsea fan.

23OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 2 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Wed Aug 30 2017, 15:13

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boro have signed Ryan Shotton ahead of our game with them. Decent defender IMO.

24OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 2 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Wed Aug 30 2017, 18:37

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

crazy money for a player who can leave for free next summer and doesn't even know what his best position is.

25OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 2 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Mon Sep 04 2017, 20:02

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

England making a meal of another international, can't even handle vladamir Weiss, the guy must be well into his 30's by now.

26OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 2 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Mon Sep 04 2017, 20:38

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Didn't Weiss go to Rangers after he left us? Not heard from him for some time.

As for football in general and the Premier League in particular, if proof were ever needed that some clubs have more money than sense, look no further at the ridiculous fee bid by City for the services of Johnny Evans. Good God! I was always led to believe that Pep is one of the greatest club managers of all time? Good Evans!

27OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 2 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Mon Sep 04 2017, 21:35

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I will see you Evans (which I also thought was ridiculous), and raise you a £6m, 1 year loan fee for Divock Origi.

28OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 2 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Mon Sep 04 2017, 22:09

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fabians Right Peg wrote:I will see you Evans (which I also thought was ridiculous), and raise you a £6m, 1 year loan fee for Divock Origi.

Done!

29OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 2 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Tue Sep 05 2017, 00:42

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Great test for England who are still unconvincing.
Have to say that Slovakia played some fantastic stuff in passages though.

30OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 2 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Tue Sep 05 2017, 15:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was surprised to see that a lot of the papers focused on Rashford today. TBH I thought he had a stinker apart from the one shot that went in. He was taking corners that were overhit or short, a free kick that almost cleared the stands and he gave the ball away constantly. 
I know he has a lot of fans (notably Hoddle!) but I think he has - like the rest of the England team - a lot to prove and a long way to go before he can be considered world class.

31OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 2 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Tue Sep 05 2017, 15:22

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The whole team is just average, but as we always seem to qualify for major tournaments then the press build them into world beaters only for us to come crashing down to Earth when we get beat by the likes of Iceland.

32OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 2 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Tue Sep 05 2017, 16:13

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

England have the weapons to hurt most teams, unfortunately Southgate doesn't play to our one strength - pace. Last year we ripped Germany a new one playing with youth and pace, then Hodgson brought back the old guard and went back to plodding England.

33OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 2 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Tue Sep 05 2017, 16:21

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

wanderlust wrote:I was surprised to see that a lot of the papers focused on Rashford today. TBH I thought he had a stinker apart from the one shot that went in. He was taking corners that were overhit or short, a free kick that almost cleared the stands and he gave the ball away constantly. 
I know he has a lot of fans (notably Hoddle!) but I think he has - like the rest of the England team - a lot to prove and a long way to go before he can be considered world class.

I'm not sure we have anybody who is world class at the moment. Rashford is wild but one thing he does do is have a crack at goal even though it would be better to pass......Kane does the same thing.  I give them both credit for having a do.  So Rashford had three or four shots yesterday and one went in.......better that Madine & ALF with usually 0 shots between them......just saying.

34OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 2 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Mon Sep 11 2017, 11:17

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The Sun reporting Frank De Boer sacked -

FRANK DE BOER has been SACKED by Crystal Palace after just four matches in charge.
The Dutchman lost all of his Premier League games, failing to score a single goal.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/4438084/frank-de-boer-sacked-crystal-palace-four-games/

35OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 2 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Mon Sep 11 2017, 11:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Seems a bit harsh, he's the new Sammy Lee. Trying to turn an Allardyce long ball team into a football team overnight. Ironically Sammy Lee was his assistant.

Take note Ken, this is how to be decisive.

36OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 2 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Mon Sep 11 2017, 13:26

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

37OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 2 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Mon Sep 11 2017, 13:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Last time I clicked one of your links I ended up on a slippers site.

You won't get me again.

38OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 2 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Mon Sep 11 2017, 13:47

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's being suggested that Roy Hodgson will take over. You couldn't make it up. It's like a merry-go-round of failed managers.

Hodgson will have them relegated by Christmas.

39OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 2 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Mon Sep 11 2017, 14:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Seems a bit harsh, he's the new Sammy Lee. Trying to turn an Allardyce long ball team into a football team overnight. Ironically Sammy Lee was his assistant.

Take note Ken, this is how to be decisive.
The key word here is "overnight" IMO. Having watched them absolutely batter Burnley and only lose it as a result of possibly the worst back pass I've ever seen (CYL) it was a harsh result. Add to that the missed chances, especially from Benteke and Dann it definitely looks like De Boer had made some headway.

I'm no fan of De Boer but surely Palace should have given him a bit longer?

That said, with Palace playing Southampton next followed by City and United away and then Chelsea, I can't see there being much opportunity to get points on the board next month so if they'd kept him on they would have had to set their sights on improvements in performance as the criterion by which to measure progress.

40OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 2 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Mon Sep 11 2017, 14:48

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is crazy. Does the next manager get four games? And the one after that?

It took BSA six games to get a win with Palace. 

Some people need to get a grip. (Norpig excepted).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum