Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

In ken we trust - or not

+10
Norpig
wanderlust
BoltonTillIDie
wessy
Kane57
observer
karlypants
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
MartinBWFC
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Ken, saint, sinner or undecided

In ken we trust - or not Vote_lcap63%In ken we trust - or not Vote_rcap 63% [ 15 ]
In ken we trust - or not Vote_lcap13%In ken we trust - or not Vote_rcap 13% [ 3 ]
In ken we trust - or not Vote_lcap24%In ken we trust - or not Vote_rcap 24% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 24

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1In ken we trust - or not Empty In ken we trust - or not Sat Sep 02 2017, 15:59

Ok so it been going back and forth and i dont want people just voting i want their reasons for their vote.

For me personally ken has said difficult decisions would have to be made (sale of clough and holden) and that sacrifices would have to be made to meet the criteria set out by the efl.

If anyone was  hero in that courtroom nearly 2 years ago it was Ken.  Stepping forward when deanos dodgy mate pulled out.

As for him taking money out of the club......the same money he has put in to resolve cash flow problems paying non playing staffs wages etc.

The press and various blogging sites have always been on deanos side and now theyve been found to have got it completely wrong are still on the back of ken.

Anyway, you decide.

2In ken we trust - or not Empty Re: In ken we trust - or not Sat Sep 02 2017, 16:13

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

No reason not to trust him thus far, however he has a lot to prove in the coming months, but as I say so far so good.

3In ken we trust - or not Empty Re: In ken we trust - or not Sat Sep 02 2017, 16:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I sit somewhere in the middle.

Grateful to Ken for saving the club, but I don't think he's doing this out of the kindness of his heart.

If the club survives and he fooks off having made a tidy sum then fair enough.

4In ken we trust - or not Empty Re: In ken we trust - or not Sat Sep 02 2017, 16:27

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

In simple terms, Davies left just enough debt in the club so no one could asset strip it.

Holdsworth took out the BM loan expecting some investment in SSBWFC within the week to pay back BM.

For whatever reasons that didn't happen and we've been lumbered with divided owners and a loan with something like 30% interest repayments ever since.

Holdsworth has not been able (or willing) to put anything into the club.

Anderson thus had to protect his position.

Which he has whilst keeping the club afloat even if that meant selling off players.

Now that Holdsworth has been removed and Anderson has basically full ownership - he can now invest fully into the club and/or seek outside investors.

If he can not asset strip due to Davies residual debt being on the books - his only way to make a profit for himself is to make the club attractive to an outside investor.

He won't be doing that by loading the club with debt or selling off whatever assets he can.

Up to now Anderson's kept the club afloat - unlike Holdsworth.

He's the only thing we've got, kept us going, brought in Parkinson and players such as Beevers, got us promoted and even strengthened the squad further for this season.

Anderson doing well means the club is doing well so I can't see any reason why we shouldn't trust him - after all he owns the club now and he'll want his asset to appreciate in value too!

5In ken we trust - or not Empty Re: In ken we trust - or not Sat Sep 02 2017, 16:33

Just a quick one.

Nat, did you vote for bad for the club?

6In ken we trust - or not Empty Re: In ken we trust - or not Sat Sep 02 2017, 16:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:Just a quick one.

Don't be fooking nosey.

7In ken we trust - or not Empty Re: In ken we trust - or not Sat Sep 02 2017, 16:59

Natasha Whittam wrote:
y2johnny wrote:Just a quick one.

Don't be fooking nosey.
I didnt think you did thats all

Just there has been one vote bad for the club and no reason.

8In ken we trust - or not Empty Re: In ken we trust - or not Sat Sep 02 2017, 17:09

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I voted good for the club BTW. Smile

9In ken we trust - or not Empty Re: In ken we trust - or not Sat Sep 02 2017, 17:25

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:I voted good for the club BTW. Smile

No one cares.

10In ken we trust - or not Empty Re: In ken we trust - or not Sat Sep 02 2017, 17:30

Natasha Whittam wrote:
karlypants wrote:I voted good for the club BTW. Smile

No one cares.
I do

11In ken we trust - or not Empty Re: In ken we trust - or not Sat Sep 02 2017, 18:24

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:I sit somewhere in the middle.

Grateful to Ken for saving the club, but I don't think he's doing this out of the kindness of his heart.

If the club survives and he fooks off having made a tidy sum then fair enough.
Absolutely agree with Nat.  He is entitled to make money... but he has to make sure we survive... good for the fans and even better for his future sale.

12In ken we trust - or not Empty Re: In ken we trust - or not Sat Sep 02 2017, 18:43

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Completely in the middle. Appreciate what he's done but wouldn't trust him a single inch

13In ken we trust - or not Empty Re: In ken we trust - or not Sat Sep 02 2017, 19:19

I can understand people being cautious and undecided but i cant understand people looking for a reason to doubt him.  Of course he is looking to make a profit. Nothing wrong with that. He isnt a bolton "fan" in fact i dont even know who he does really support.  To him it is a business arrangement and like sluffy has said he is under that much scrutiny he has to do the right thing to;

1) satisfy the efl

2) if he does want to make a profit.

Which i hope he does on both counts.

14In ken we trust - or not Empty Re: In ken we trust - or not Sat Sep 02 2017, 19:37

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Good for the club without a doubt, with minutes to go before being wound up, in that position we were screwed without him, for a guy without a pot to piss in, he is a formidable operator, From that position he is slowly starting to stabalise the club.

15In ken we trust - or not Empty Re: In ken we trust - or not Sun Sep 03 2017, 01:35

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I always assumed he didn't want to commit financially because why should he when his partner never did.  Why should a business partner benefit from him contributing when he wasnt.  So now let's see if things change.  Whatever he does now will be for
The benefit of himself and ultimately the club

16In ken we trust - or not Empty Re: In ken we trust - or not Sun Sep 03 2017, 12:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Undecided as I've been saying all week.

Don't mind him making money but do mind him blocking new inward investment to do it which if the media allegations turn out to be true would mean he's starving the club and team of finances to gain personal power which obviously I'd disapprove of as BWFC suffers as a result.

I'll decide about Anderson when the details of the deal come out.

BTW the question is about whether or not we think he's good for the club or not.
If the question was do we trust him or not I'd say definitely not.
You should change the title of the thread so it's the same as the question.

17In ken we trust - or not Empty Re: In ken we trust - or not Sun Sep 03 2017, 13:02

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I trust him to put the club on an even keel then sell up as he knows he can't finance the club on his own going forward. If he makes a profit on selling on then fair play to him as God knows where we would be without him coming in.
He's always been upfront and communicated everything that has gone on, the only real issue i has was his washing his dirty laundry in public with Deano but he came out and admitted it should and could have been handled better.
As for future investment, if these other parties are not happy with KA not allowing access to the books then they need to flash the cash. It's right for KA to be cautious and not let someone without proper funds get their hands on the club.

18In ken we trust - or not Empty Re: In ken we trust - or not Sun Sep 03 2017, 13:07

Norpig wrote:I trust him to put the club on an even keel then sell up as he knows he can't finance the club on his own going forward. If he makes a profit on selling on then fair play to him as God knows where we would be without him coming in.
He's always been upfront and communicated everything that has gone on, the only real issue i has was his washing his dirty laundry in public with Deano but he came out and admitted it should and could have been handled better.
As for future investment, if these other parties are not happy with KA not allowing access to the books then they need to flash the cash. It's right for KA to be cautious and not let someone without proper funds get their hands on the club.
:clap:

19In ken we trust - or not Empty Re: In ken we trust - or not Sun Sep 03 2017, 13:08

wanderlust wrote:Undecided as I've been saying all week.

Don't mind him making money but do mind him blocking new inward investment to do it which if the media allegations turn out to be true would mean he's starving the club and team of finances to gain personal power which obviously I'd disapprove of as BWFC suffers as a result.

I'll decide about Anderson when the details of the deal come out.

BTW the question is about whether or not we think he's good for the club or not.
If the question was do we trust him or not I'd say definitely not.
You should change the title of the thread so it's the same as the question.
:rofl:

Jog on

20In ken we trust - or not Empty Re: In ken we trust - or not Sun Sep 03 2017, 13:22

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anderson was disqualified as a director for eight years. Reasons:
Diverting company funds into personal accounts.
VAT discrepancies.
Failure to cooperate with receivers.

I've happily given him a chance,but do I trust him? No.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum