Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should Parkinson Be Sacked?

+20
Kane57
Sluffy
rammywhite
terenceanne
doffcocker
Jingizu99
wanderlust
observer
Norpig
bryan458
Jack Russell
Leeds_Trotter
karlypants
Bollotom2014
To Be Frank
gloswhite
boltonbonce
MartinBWFC
Fabians Right Peg
Natasha Whittam
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Should Parky Get His P45?

Should Parkinson Be Sacked? - Page 2 Vote_lcap58%Should Parkinson Be Sacked? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 58% [ 19 ]
Should Parkinson Be Sacked? - Page 2 Vote_lcap42%Should Parkinson Be Sacked? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 42% [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 33

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

21Should Parkinson Be Sacked? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? Sun Sep 17 2017, 12:16

To Be Frank

To Be Frank
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

If you were Big Sam and got a phone call from Anderson would you do it? Maybe Sam would take the job on (admittedly) next to nothing wages, but he has a score to settle with Bolton. You could offer him the England job for no pay and he'd take it, and I believe he'd do the same for bwfc if opportunity arises.

I know, I know... where's the nurse with my medication!

22Should Parkinson Be Sacked? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? Sun Sep 17 2017, 12:35

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

To Be Frank wrote:If you were Big Sam and got a phone call from Anderson would you do it? Maybe Sam would take the job on (admittedly) next to nothing wages, but he has a score to settle with Bolton. You could offer him the England job for no pay and he'd take it, and I believe he'd do the same for bwfc if opportunity arises.

I know, I know... where's the nurse with my medication!

I reckon if Ken went to Allardyce and asked him to manage us just until the end of the season, he'd go for it. The man has a huge ego, and what better way to feed that ego than to rescue us from certain relegation.

He still owes me a hotdog mind.

23Should Parkinson Be Sacked? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? Sun Sep 17 2017, 12:44

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Here's a thought, what about Kevin Nolan doing great at Notts County, and look what happened the last time we got an old boy from them.

24Should Parkinson Be Sacked? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? Sun Sep 17 2017, 12:48

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Norpig wrote:The problem is who can come in and change it? You can't polish a turd and we have more than Battersea Dogs Home at the moment.

Someone could possibly come in and have the usual raise their games for a few weeks but the reality is the squad just isn't good enough.

The squad isn't good enough, but if the players gave more we'd have half a chance of staying up with the right manager.

We need someone who can motivate these bellends instead of praising them after every defeat.

I hate to agree with Nat again, but we have no captain on the pitch. Missing Spearing in that sense... but who is the inspirational leader we need?

25Should Parkinson Be Sacked? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? Sun Sep 17 2017, 12:58

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Joe Ledley is a free agent and would be a fantastic leader on the pitch, also Ricky Lambert would score for fun at this level, not sure Parkinson could get the best out of them though.

26Should Parkinson Be Sacked? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:Here's a thought, what about Kevin Nolan doing great at Notts County, and look what happened the last time we got an old boy from them.

He was terrible at Leyton Orient, so this would be a massive risk. But he's probably better than our entire midfield even though he must be 70 by now.

27Should Parkinson Be Sacked? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's a complex issue because I don't think that Anderson has replacing Parky anywhere in his business plan or financial provision to do it. Add to that no money to buy new players with or without an embargo and although there might be some fiddling about in the January window it seems we are basically stuck with the manager and players we have.

Did anyone expect anything else?
I thought Anderson had made it clear from the off that we are in for a few years of austerity, so why is anyone getting huffy when we lose to a team pushing for promotion?.

What is in our control are the systems Parky employs and unfortunately after a poor start he seems to be reacting rather than being proactive and theoretical rather than realistic in his set ups.
For example it makes some sense to have a back 5 in a tough away game when you've been shipping goals as we have, but if you're going to play that way and still have a decent chance of scoring at the other end you either need box to box players who can get forward to support the attack in numbers or lightning quick forwards who can break and finish incisively - or both. We don't and it showed yesterday whenever we found space as the player in possession inevitably ended up dawdling whilst the rest of the team caught up (and their defence got back!) We were very one dimensional, predictable, slow in the build up but our defence made Ipswich look nothing special for most of the game  it's just that we had nothing to unpick defences with other than floating balls into a packed area and hoping one of our lads could get on the end of it. Vela can do a job in that system when he gets back but apart from that Parky's options are limited with this squad but I think if Parky had done anything other than go with a back five in yesterday's game we'd have been mullered by a cricket score and he should use it again in away games against top sides  but preferably when Vela is back and some instructions to cross to feet and put the ball in early occasionally.

This season was always about trying to survive on a shoestring budget and as it stands we are only a couple of wins away from safety, but rather than burdening the club with even more cost for now I think we should see if Parky can come up with a way of beating Brentford on Saturday rather than judge him and the squad on their performances against the top half sides. I have a feeling that if we can get 3 against Brentford, maybe buy a couple of players and get Vela back and firing we might just scrape survival - which after all is the objective.

28Should Parkinson Be Sacked? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? Sun Sep 17 2017, 13:57

Jingizu99

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

I don't do management sacking bandwagons, but 8 games in with only 2 draws and 4 goals to show for it... I can't put any faith in him. I don't have my usual spark of hope anymore, I'm just resigned to losing any game we play. He did great under the pressure of an embargo to get us up and fair play there, but we appear to be lost so far. Can't help but think it's because he is lost.

29Should Parkinson Be Sacked? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? Sun Sep 17 2017, 14:08

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I think your right 99. He doesn't seem to know how to cope with a faster, and more talented, league. Unfortunately, he's taking too long to sort himself out, and in the meantime, were getting deeper in the mire.

30Should Parkinson Be Sacked? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? Sun Sep 17 2017, 14:20

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:It's a complex issue because I don't think that Anderson has replacing Parky anywhere in his business plan or financial provision to do it.

People said that when Lennon was manager, but clubs will always find a way to get rid.

31Should Parkinson Be Sacked? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? Sun Sep 17 2017, 14:25

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:It's a complex issue because I don't think that Anderson has replacing Parky anywhere in his business plan or financial provision to do it.

People said that when Lennon was manager, but clubs will always find a way to get rid.
If they have money for that I would prefer they spent it on bolstering the squad with some quality and pace because yesterday that would have won us the game.

32Should Parkinson Be Sacked? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? Sun Sep 17 2017, 15:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:If they have money for that I would prefer they spent it on bolstering the squad with some quality and pace because yesterday that would have won us the game.

Isn't he on a 1 year rolling contract, I can't believe he's on massive money either.

Get rid of Parky and then sack Pratley or Karacan(t) for breach of contract. Then get Fat Sam or Micky Adams.

33Should Parkinson Be Sacked? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? Sun Sep 17 2017, 15:34

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sam won't come. I've told you.

34Should Parkinson Be Sacked? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? Sun Sep 17 2017, 15:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Sam won't come. I've told you.

Try wearing sexy lingerie Bonce.

35Should Parkinson Be Sacked? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? Sun Sep 17 2017, 15:55

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy
It loses its effect the moment I put it on. I blame the slippers.

36Should Parkinson Be Sacked? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? Sun Sep 17 2017, 16:20

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Many say we gave Neil Lennon too long and the damage was already done when he was given the push, so shouldn't Ken be brave and get shut right now?

I don't think anybody could say with absolute certainty we'd be in a worse position now had Lennon never left.

He didn't seem to struggle getting Hibs promoted - like us, big fish, small pond - and they're not yet struggling as such in the SPL.

I'm not saying we missed out parting with Lennon, clearly he was a disturbed individual and things had turned pretty toxic both on and off the pitch in the end. Either way, that's going off topic.

All I'll say is similar to what I said when the same was asked of Lennon. Whoever we can attract, the challenge remains the same.

The team certainly isn't better than it was two years ago, and God knows how far off we'll be from being a Championship standard side in another two years without a real bit of investment.

Parkinson is just a minor problem in my eyes, in the context of everything else that's going wrong at the club.

37Should Parkinson Be Sacked? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? Sun Sep 17 2017, 17:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Many say we gave Neil Lennon too long and the damage was already done when he was given the push, so shouldn't Ken be brave and get shut right now?

I don't think anybody could say with absolute certainty we'd be in a worse position now had Lennon never left.

He didn't seem to struggle getting Hibs promoted - like us, big fish, small pond - and they're not yet struggling as such in the SPL.

I'm not saying we missed out parting with Lennon, clearly he was a disturbed individual and things had turned pretty toxic both on and off the pitch in the end. Either way, that's going off topic.

All I'll say is similar to what I said when the same was asked of Lennon. Whoever we can attract, the challenge remains the same.

The team certainly isn't better than it was two years ago, and God knows how far off we'll be from being a Championship standard side in another two years without a real bit of investment.

Parkinson is just a minor problem in my eyes, in the context of everything else that's going wrong at the club.
Well put. We are still a very long way from financial stability and that is Anderson's focus as it theoretically benefits the club as well as his own cashout position, so we can't really expect any serious investment any time soon and will have to make do and accept our situaition in the interim.

38Should Parkinson Be Sacked? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? Mon Sep 18 2017, 13:46

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I'm 50/50 on it.....Although not a big fan of parky I can't see anybody else doing anything with this shower. If parky had spent millions and we were in this position then yes he can be judged but no money and all freebies...this is what you get. Will he have any money in the near future....doesn't seem so. 
is it too soon to say that the match against Brentford is the game of the season for us?

Shouting at a donkey doesn't make it run faster....it's still a donkey.

39Should Parkinson Be Sacked? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? Mon Sep 18 2017, 13:48

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:Shouting at a donkey doesn't make it run faster....it's still a donkey.

Actually it does. I tried it on St Ives beach when I was a kid.

40Should Parkinson Be Sacked? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should Parkinson Be Sacked? Mon Sep 18 2017, 14:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote: 
is it too soon to say that the match against Brentford is the game of the season for us?
A very good question. Parky has said that we're in a mini-league and Brentford are firmly in it. It's not just a matter of getting points on the board but it's also key to confidence and if Brentford were to win at our ground it would be a massive setback in every sense.
We're away at Bristol City and then Villa after that and we definitely can't count on points at either of those two so IMO it's essential we win this one.
I'm assuming that Parky will set his stall out to get further up the pitch than we did on Saturday so I guess it's likely to come down to finding goals from somewhere - whilst not giving anything stupid away at the back. We haven't got a point since drawing with struggling Brum over month ago so it really is time to step up now. I can handle losing away to quality teams but a home tie against fellow strugglers? These are the games we have to win if we're going to survive.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum