Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fans Forum: Garty & Fanny Coyle To Attend

+6
largehat
Keegan
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
Angry Dad
Natasha Whittam
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

largehat wrote:If you asked any of those questions, you would just make a fool of yourself Rebel.

People who are there should be asking questions that PG/OC might be willing to answer. I dunno, such as, are Chelsea contractually or otherwise obliged to loan us a player this Summer and if so, where is that player?

I know they would avoid answering questions like this... but why should we refrain from asking them.

if gartsides lapdog the BEN had the bottle to ask questions like this, we would already know the truth...

I'd also ask Phil Gartside why Coyle's job is so safe, even after relegation?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

if gartsides lapdog the BEN had the bottle to ask questions like this, we would already know the truth...

Very true, what a pathetic paper.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
largehat wrote:If you asked any of those questions, you would just make a fool of yourself Rebel.

People who are there should be asking questions that PG/OC might be willing to answer. I dunno, such as, are Chelsea contractually or otherwise obliged to loan us a player this Summer and if so, where is that player?

I know they would avoid answering questions like this... but why should we refrain from asking them.

This isn't aimed specifically at you, Rebel.

Reading down the suggested questions in this thread I can't make my mind up if people are giving it the big one because this is the internet, joking, or genuinely stupid enough to ask questions which are likely to offend, can easily be dismissed or which leave themselves open to PG or OC dismissing the premise of the question.

For example, any questions about team selection and tactics - Coyle will just say - "I pick the team, it's my decision" and you will look like a knob.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

I had a bit of a debate/discussion with Marc Iles over email on this subject a while back because I sent him a Tweet essentially saying that the BN was spineless and it has a duty to its readers to hold the club to account for poor decisions and performances.

I can't divulge what was discussed in our emails in a lot of detail, but you have to bear in mind that the Bolton News is screwed if it damages its relationship with BWFC, and that is an influence upon its editorial decisions. Its no use them shooting their bolt at a press conference over something and then getting banned from the training ground and not having anything to report again, is it? That's no good for either the newspaper or BWFC fans.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

largehat wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

I had a bit of a debate/discussion with Marc Iles over email on this subject a while back because I sent him a Tweet essentially saying that the BN was spineless and it has a duty to its readers to hold the club to account for poor decisions and performances.

I can't divulge what was discussed in our emails in a lot of detail, but you have to bear in mind that the Bolton News is screwed if it damages its relationship with BWFC, and that is an influence upon its editorial decisions. Its no use them shooting their bolt at a press conference over something and then getting banned from the training ground and not having anything to report again, is it? That's no good for either the newspaper or BWFC fans.

with the amount of adverts and pop up the BEN site is using, im actually surprised there is any room for news at all... Shocked

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

largehat wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

To be fair if the BN did ask the questions and then the club banned the paper which of the two would look more guilty and have mud on their "face" - the paper for asking or the club for spitting its dummy out?

My money would be on the club and it would create ripples and waves against the club more than anything else.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc71 wrote:
To be fair if the BN did ask the questions and then the club banned the paper which of the two would look more guilty and have mud on their "face" - the paper for asking or the club for spitting its dummy out?

My money would be on the club and it would create ripples and waves against the club more than anything else.

You might be right Chris, but if you're the editor of the Bolton News, you don't want to put that to the test by engaging in a power struggle with BWFC because certain fans want provocative questions answered or want to see the BN slate the club at every opportunity.

You nurture that relationship because it is your every day bread and butter.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

largehat wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:

You might be right Chris, but if you're the editor of the Bolton News, you don't want to put that to the test by engaging in a power struggle with BWFC because certain fans want provocative questions answered or want to see the BN slate the club at every opportunity.

You nurture that relationship because it is your every day bread and butter.

thus you cant rely on your local paper for the truth...

they write what the club tells them to write, so what the fuck is the point in buying it?

if its anything like the BEN website anyway, soon you will be getting a 100 page 'bonus' pullout - of adverts...

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

What a load of crap. The club needs the paper just as much as the paper needs the club. It is virtually unheard of for a club to ban the local paper seeing as its their only real link to the fans.

It's simply spineless journalism from spineless journalists. If they really think that asking Owen Coyle why he kept Sordell on the bench is going to hinder their career then they are most definitely in the wrong job.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Rebel -

It means they won't publish things like new of transfer bids unless they have been confirmed by the club. This means that the BN is a reliable source of information. Quite the opposite of "not publishing the truth", I'd say.

The weakness of the BN's coverage is that they are not always 'first' to a story because they verify things with the club before going to print. The downside is the club might not wish to confirm certain things to them or to anyone else... But no newspaper can do anything about that. If this leads you to conclude that the BN is somehow the mouthpiece of BWFC, I can see why you draw that conclusion.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

So basically true journalism is now thrown out the window just incase it upsets the person/object/club being investigated. Journalism is about getting to the truth and ruffling feathers to get the truth to report teh correct facts.

Sure enough there are good ways and bad ways and I would never condone the actions that Murdoch's press took, but there are many ways in investigating and reporting. What the BN has now is, to be fair, not even true journalism as they are only reporting what they are being given - its a very passive paper - unlike when it was owned by Tillotsons and was a great local investigative paper, both for news and for Bolton Wanderers. Funny isn't it that even during Tillotson days the BEN questioned teh good both good and bad and yet the partnership between teh two stood good. Now the BN, under US control, is scared of questioining the good incase of being barred - who is the bully here, and why?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum