Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Team Will Fanny Coyle Pick?

+8
Angry Dad
Reebok_Rebel
Sluffy
xmiles
bwfc71
WhiteBic
aaron_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
12 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What Team Will Fanny Coyle Pick? Empty What Team Will Fanny Coyle Pick? Fri Aug 31 2012, 12:09

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So Spearing is finally on board. I'm not one to make knee-jerk reactions, I'll give the guy at least 30 minutes before I declare him "shite".

Anyway, Coyle has a decision to make tomorrow. Does he change formation or just personnel?

Will he go with 4-5-1 and play Andrews, Mavies & Spearing in midfield and drop Kev Davies? Or will he stick with his 4-4-2 and face the dilemma of having to drop Mavies or Andrews?

Or, more likely, will he stick with the same team?

What will he do, and what would you do?

2What Team Will Fanny Coyle Pick? Empty Re: What Team Will Fanny Coyle Pick? Fri Aug 31 2012, 12:12

Same team that started against Forest probably.

3What Team Will Fanny Coyle Pick? Empty Re: What Team Will Fanny Coyle Pick? Fri Aug 31 2012, 12:16

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

My hope is he goes 4-5-1 with either davies or Afobe up front with sparky sat behind them with andrews and spearing in the middle.

This is coyle so I wouldn't be surprised to see 4-4-2, with spearing and davies in the middle and the poor lad having to do all the donkey work because mavies can't track back.

What would you do Nat?

4What Team Will Fanny Coyle Pick? Empty Re: What Team Will Fanny Coyle Pick? Fri Aug 31 2012, 12:23

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Ive got a headache just thinking about. I hope we win so I look forward to our next game.

5What Team Will Fanny Coyle Pick? Empty Re: What Team Will Fanny Coyle Pick? Fri Aug 31 2012, 12:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd go with:

Bogdan

Riley Ream Knight Ricketts

Lee Spearing Andrews Mavies Eagles

Sordell

We have to start playing a system that gives some protection to the pisspoor defence. When we stop shipping goals we'll start winning games.

6What Team Will Fanny Coyle Pick? Empty Re: What Team Will Fanny Coyle Pick? Fri Aug 31 2012, 12:33

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Good shout on Riley, I have been very dissapointed, seething you could say with Mears so far and some of the passes he has made.

I'd swap Eagles instead of Mark davies personally and put Petrov on the left.

7What Team Will Fanny Coyle Pick? Empty Re: What Team Will Fanny Coyle Pick? Fri Aug 31 2012, 12:37

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd give Mavies one last chance in a five man midfield. If he did his usual 90 minute disappearing act I'd have him shot.

8What Team Will Fanny Coyle Pick? Empty Re: What Team Will Fanny Coyle Pick? Fri Aug 31 2012, 12:43

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Spearing will be on the bench for the next 20 games, unless one of our usual midfield have a bad accident!

9What Team Will Fanny Coyle Pick? Empty Re: What Team Will Fanny Coyle Pick? Fri Aug 31 2012, 12:45

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:Spearing will be on the bench for the next 20 games, unless one of our usual midfield have a bad accident!

Is that a threat Very Happy

10What Team Will Fanny Coyle Pick? Empty Re: What Team Will Fanny Coyle Pick? Fri Aug 31 2012, 12:50

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:Spearing will be on the bench for the next 20 games, unless one of our usual midfield have a bad accident!

Is that a threat Very Happy

Nope just a statement of fact Cool

11What Team Will Fanny Coyle Pick? Empty Re: What Team Will Fanny Coyle Pick? Fri Aug 31 2012, 13:30

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

As it's Coyle it will be more of the same. I am sure he will prefer Mears to Riley and unless someone shoots him I have no doubt SKD will start.

12What Team Will Fanny Coyle Pick? Empty Re: What Team Will Fanny Coyle Pick? Fri Aug 31 2012, 13:39

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Can't see Coyle changing much tbh.

Can't see him dropping Sordell or Kevin Davies - so that means 4-4-2.

Will Lee go on transfer deadline day today? If not I can't see Spearing starting.

Can't see him dropping Mears he's waited a year for him.

Mills looked dreadful from the clips I've seen from the Crawley match, maybe Ream back for him being the only change to the Forest starting line up.

Bogdan

Mears - Knight - Ream - Ricketts

Eagles - Andrews - Mavies - Lee

K Davies - Sordell.

(same old tactics, same old result).

13What Team Will Fanny Coyle Pick? Empty Re: What Team Will Fanny Coyle Pick? Fri Aug 31 2012, 13:46

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I'll feel sorry for Spearing if he gets put next to Mark davies in a 4-4-2 tomorrow, he will have his work cut out and will no doubt get slated by some of the bwfc moaners if he struggles.

14What Team Will Fanny Coyle Pick? Empty Re: What Team Will Fanny Coyle Pick? Fri Aug 31 2012, 15:08

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

looks pretty likely then that he will play... given the current trend of 'luck' we are having with injuries...

15What Team Will Fanny Coyle Pick? Empty Re: What Team Will Fanny Coyle Pick? Fri Aug 31 2012, 15:26

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Im more interested in what team the new manager will play.

16What Team Will Fanny Coyle Pick? Empty Re: What Team Will Fanny Coyle Pick? Fri Aug 31 2012, 16:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Given the short time Spearing has had to get used to the set up, I'd be very surprised if he starts. He might get on if we're trailing, but that would be shutting the door after the horse has bolted. Best case scenario is we start like a steam train, get ahead and then put him on to shut up shop. But who knows what OC is thinking?

17What Team Will Fanny Coyle Pick? Empty Re: What Team Will Fanny Coyle Pick? Fri Aug 31 2012, 16:07

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:Given the short time Spearing has had to get used to the set up, I'd be very surprised if he starts. He might get on if we're trailing, but that would be shutting the door after the horse has bolted. Best case scenario is we start like a steam train, get ahead and then put him on to shut up shop. But who knows what OC is thinking?

Now that would be a first for Coyle if he ever did that.

Many of his problems stem from going for yet another goal when we are winning rather than close the game off by defending the lead we have with minutes to go.

Clueless.

18What Team Will Fanny Coyle Pick? Empty Re: What Team Will Fanny Coyle Pick? Fri Aug 31 2012, 16:30

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

------Bogdan

Mears-Knight-Mills-Ricketts

CYL-MDavies-Spearing-Eagles

----KDavies--Sordell

is what I'm expecting. I wish Brian Clough was still alive if only to teach our manager why there isn't any grass in the sky.

19What Team Will Fanny Coyle Pick? Empty Re: What Team Will Fanny Coyle Pick? Fri Aug 31 2012, 16:46

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

If we go 451 (which i doubt) then i shall be slightly more optimistic about our chances!! Will be rather exited if thats how we go!! Going Over to hull tonight me thinks ready for tomorrow Very Happy nice good outing on the town

20What Team Will Fanny Coyle Pick? Empty Re: What Team Will Fanny Coyle Pick? Fri Aug 31 2012, 20:44

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Spearing in, as he's his new toy

M Davies rested

Rest as is

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum