Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

When Did Your Team Pick You To Support Them?

+11
Norpig
Keegan
Numpty 28723
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
boltonbonce
wanderlust
Mr Magoo
scottjames30
Reebok_Rebel
Soul Kitchen
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm a big believer that proper supporters of teams are picked by the team not the other way round. I'm Bolton born and bred and it was an obvious choice that I'd follow the fortunes then start supporting my local team in the 63/64 season.
I'm also a Wigan RL supporter and that came about by birthright as well given that my mother was born and bred in Hindley and my Grandad was a big Pies supporter. I was taken to Central Park for the first time the season after my introduction to Burnden.
So when did you get picked?

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I wasn't 'picked'

I am a Bolton fan by default due to being a born and bred citizen of the town.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They kept ringing me and posting me free stuff, so I felt sorry for them and started watching them on txt, then it all started from there.

Now look at me, Bolton's biggest fan right here.

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Same as Reebok Rebel for me.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok_Rebel wrote:I wasn't 'picked'

I am a Bolton fan by default due to being a born and bred citizen of the town.
Exactly!!
That's where I'm coming from, as opposed to being born in Dulwich and supporting the scum!!!!
You'd then have picked the team.

All of my dad's side of the family are bolton born and bred, season ticket holders etc etc, so I had little to no choice. I've always been a Bolton fan despite being born and bred in Birmingham, I wasn't given much of a choice.

Don't know if that makes me 'picked' I'm not too arsed really, people can support whoever they want to.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'd say your team picked you!!
As per Wigan RL in my case.
The jist is it's easy to hang your star on a winning team when you pick it as opposed to the team being in your DNA.
You never wholly walk away when that is the case, just disillusioned.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My Dad took me to Burnden in 1958 not knowing he was handing down a life sentence.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:My Dad took me to Burnden in 1958 not knowing he was handing down a life sentence.
Lets be honest, he could have chose worse years than '58...

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
wanderlust wrote:My Dad took me to Burnden in 1958 not knowing he was handing down a life sentence.
Lets be honest, he could have chose worse years than '58...

Should be done under trade descriptions for that. False advertising IMO.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dad first took me to Burnden in 1959,and I was hooked. Can still remember the smell inside the ground,a mixture of rum and strong pipe tobacco. I'm still hooked,and I wouldn't have it any other way. ::bwfcfan::

Dad's a Bolton fan, therefore, I was always going to be one. 

Simple.

I feel sorry for all the kids of glory-hunter types who support a team 150 miles away from where they live and never get to go to any games.

Why do you support Utd?

Because Dad did and they're great!

Ever been to OT?

Not yet, but I'm only 37 and one day, I'll finally get to see a game live....hopefully.

Pointless.......

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bolton born and bred.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Born in a stable in the Little Lever Ghetto. Dad, Grandad & Great Grandad all followed the whites.

They won't be happy about me now following Chorley.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chorley are holding a Champions dinner dance at The Pines Hotel, Whittle-le-Woods on Sept 26th. 40 quid a ticket. I might turn up in full war paint and cause a scene.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Chorley are holding a Champions dinner dance at The Pines Hotel, Whittle-le-Woods on Sept 26th. 40 quid a ticket. I might turn up in full war paint and cause a scene.

I might not shave, cover myself in goose fat, wearing nothing but flippers on my feet, and cause a scene with you.

#gatecrash.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:Chorley are holding a Champions dinner dance at The Pines Hotel, Whittle-le-Woods on Sept 26th. 40 quid a ticket. I might turn up in full war paint and cause a scene.

I might not shave, cover myself in goose fat, wearing nothing but flippers on my feet, and cause a scene with you.

#gatecrash.
You've just described my Auntie Jean!

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I know quite a few people who were born elsewhere but choose to support Bolton.

I got talking to a customer about football recently and mentioned I was a Wanderers supporter. He told me that his granddad played for the Whites - none other than Tommy Banks. I said 'I bet you go to all the games, then?' Amazingly he says 'Oh no, I support Manchester United - I was born round the corner from Old Trafford.'

I told him that I was, too, but didn't let that stop me from being a Bolton fan.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Numpty 28723 wrote:

I told him that I was, too, but didn't let that stop me from being a Bolton fan.

Doesn't that make you a plastic fan? You should support your home town club.

You're dead to me.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Bolton picked me the day they picked Bibi. The bastards...

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum