Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

When Did Your Team Pick You To Support Them?

+11
Norpig
Keegan
Numpty 28723
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
boltonbonce
wanderlust
Mr Magoo
scottjames30
Reebok_Rebel
Soul Kitchen
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Numpty 28723 wrote:

I told him that I was, too, but didn't let that stop me from being a Bolton fan.

Doesn't that make you a plastic fan? You should support your home town club.

You're dead to me.
I'd rather stick red hot needles into my eyeballs.

Natasha Whittam wrote:

You're dead to me.
Can we have some clarification on your increasingly convoluted and frankly bizarre back-story please?

I thought you were born in that gypo camp on Stopes Rd at the bottom of Potter's Brew?

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Numpty 28723 wrote:

I told him that I was, too, but didn't let that stop me from being a Bolton fan.

You're dead to me.

I'll bet Numpty is not as plastic as your tits!!

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keegan wrote:Bolton picked me the day they picked Bibi. The bastards...

Do you / did you know Ricardo personally when he was younger Keegan? From school or similar?

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i have a secret i'd like to share, i was a Liverpool fan as a kid and was even in their fan club, but i went to the opening day Grimsby game in the old 4th Division as a 15 year old and was hooked from then on.

I've mentioned before on here that as i live in Manchester now, i'm having great difficulty in turning my 6 year boy away from the blues and reds, but i'll continue the slow brain washing and hopefully he'll give in and do as he's told.

wanderlust wrote:

Do you / did you know Ricardo personally when he was younger Keegan? From school or similar?

Oh no, you dit'n't...?

That is the equivalent of when one of us goes to the States and some guy in a bar says: "Hey, you're English. I knew an English guy once - Steve from London. You know him?"

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Oh no, you dit'n't...?

That is the equivalent of when one of us goes to the States and some guy in a bar says: "Hey, you're English. I knew an English guy once - Steve from London. You know him?"
That's not a fair analogy. Bibi coming to Bolton caused Keegan to start following our club so suspect a personal connection is not unreasonable. There are Jamaican players playing all over the world so if it was a random thing it's just as likely that Keegan could support any one of host of teams - but he doesn't. He supports Bolton because of Ricardo.

Anyway there are only 2.7 million people in Jamaica so it's a small world outside Kingston so it's not inconceivable. My friend lives in St Mary's and she knows EVERYBODY - or claims to anyway.

"Anyway there are only 2.7 million people in Jamaica so it's a small world outside Kingston so it's not inconceivable."

Only 2.7 million?

Is that all.........?

When you put it like that, I'd be amazed if he didn't know him.

In fact they're probably related........ Very Happy 

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:"Anyway there are only 2.7 million people in Jamaica so it's a small world outside Kingston so it's not inconceivable."

Only 2.7 million?

Is that all.........?

When you put it like that, I'd be amazed if he didn't know him.

In fact they're probably related........ Very Happy 
I thought everyone knew 2.7 million people. Maybe my Facebook "friends" don't count?

Put it this way...

If Keegan doesn't have some sort of a personal connection with Bibi what exactly is going on there? 

When former England player Kevin Keegan went off to play in the Bundesliga were you (or anyone in their right mind) suddenly inspired to start supporting Hamburg?

I don't think so.

Maybe he just likes his hair......I dunno.

(If he comes back and says he's his cousin, I'm going to look pretty daft, aren't I?)

Maye Keegans not actually Jamaican.. Thought I'd put it out there.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Maybe he just likes his hair......I dunno.
I don't want to pre-empt Keegan's answer to this question but "liking his hair" is by no means the most obscure potential reason for switching club allegiances. I'm now really hoping Keegan does know him.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I was born in Mid Wales, but we moved to Bolton in 1962,  when my dad came out of the Army.(we moved in 1963 when he ran off to London with the woman he was working with). My uncle was the manager of the Odeon and had complimentary tickets. Night game against West ham, which we won. I was 12 years old and it was the first game I had been to. I got to the top of the stairs as the team came out. The sounds and smells (next to the food bar) were brilliant, and we won ! (I believe it was the season we went down  Very Happy ) I remember it still. The first game was free, but I've paid with more than money since, and its all been worth it  
::bwfcfan::

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I'm not sure how I actually started supporting bolton, my dad was liverpool and my auntie was united.

I just remember watching bolton as a kid on tv, a play off match if I remember rightly and I was hooked after that.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I don't know Bibi personally. Apart from a brief stint on the touchline as a pseudo-journalist (free admission and a great vantage point for seeing the Reggae Boyz) the closest I've been to a conversation with him is that we happened to be at the same club waiting to see girls wrestle in oil one night. I had been following his fledgling career as a schoolboy standout where he scored a goal directly from a corner (schoolboy football in Jamaica is taken more seriously than club football) and repeated that feat for the Boyz in a qualifier and he was the first home-grown player bought from the 1998 World Cup team. I started to follow Bolton as a result and my support solidified when Bolton took Jermaine Johnson and Donovan Ricketts. There has been a number of players in England who qualified to play for Jamaica - John Barnes, David James and more recently Sturridge and Sterling (who was born here) but I have more of an affinity for players who were born and learnt the game here and excelled abroad. Long response but that's what you get when you ask a writer about a topic he is passionate about.
Wink

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

bwfc1874 wrote:Maye Keegans not actually Jamaican.. Thought I'd put it out there.
Maybe I'm actually in a bedsit in Horwich... the original Keegan was English, after all.

:face2:

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

St. Mary - St. Mary's is a stadium... in Southampton.
Very Happy

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Born in Bolton. Went to primary school in Bolton. Went to secondary school in Bolton. Went to Bolton sixth form. Went to Bolton University. Will probably never leave Bolton. Don't want to either. Bolton's great.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keegan wrote: the closest I've been to a conversation with him is that we happened to be at the same club waiting to see girls wrestle in oil one night.

Everyone needs a hobby.

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Keegan wrote:I don't know Bibi personally. Apart from a brief stint on the touchline as a pseudo-journalist (free admission and a great vantage point for seeing the Reggae Boyz) the closest I've been to a conversation with him is that we happened to be at the same club waiting to see girls wrestle in oil one night. I had been following his fledgling career as a schoolboy standout where he scored a goal directly from a corner (schoolboy football in Jamaica is taken more seriously than club football) and repeated that feat for the Boyz in a qualifier and he was the first home-grown player bought from the 1998 World Cup team. I started to follow Bolton as a result and my support solidified when Bolton took Jermaine Johnson and Donovan Ricketts. There has been a number of players in England who qualified to play for Jamaica - John Barnes, David James and more recently Sturridge and Sterling (who was born here) but I have more of an affinity for players who were born and learnt the game here and excelled abroad. Long response but that's what you get when you ask a writer about a topic he is passionate about.
Wink
I'm sure I remember seeing Ricardo score direct from a corner in a pre-season game at Radcliffe a few years back.

As for the oil wrestling, staged on the pitch as a half time entertainment it could be one way of bringing the missing fans back in. Sort it out Dougie!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum