Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton v Barcelona

+8
largehat
bwfc71
doffcocker
Hipster_Nebula
jayjay23
Keegan
inf
Sluffy
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Bolton v Barcelona - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton v Barcelona Fri Aug 10 2012, 21:49

inf

inf
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Full time. Man of the match: Tyrone Mears.

22Bolton v Barcelona - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton v Barcelona Fri Aug 10 2012, 21:50

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Wow. Less than I thought.
2-2 end result!

23Bolton v Barcelona - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton v Barcelona Fri Aug 10 2012, 21:52

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Barca B won 2-0 at Huddersfield in midweek and totally dominated.

24Bolton v Barcelona - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton v Barcelona Fri Aug 10 2012, 21:54

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Must have been a fluke cos "sordell is shit"
Is hell shit!! Pearce knew his worth and played him, unlike our feckless scot!!! Tonights shows his stuff - if our feckless scot doesn't play him against burnley then god help us aand I aint religious!

25Bolton v Barcelona - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton v Barcelona Fri Aug 10 2012, 21:56

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc71 wrote:
Is hell shit!! Pearce knew his worth and played him, unlike our feckless scot!!! Tonights shows his stuff - if our feckless scot doesn't play him against burnley then god help us aand I aint religious!

In what sense is Coyle feckless?

26Bolton v Barcelona - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton v Barcelona Fri Aug 10 2012, 22:11

TheHateCamel

TheHateCamel
David Lee
David Lee

Lee is by far our best player on tonight's evidence. Even my missus who hasn't ever watched a match said so.
Pratley on the other hand should never ever get near the first team. Touch of a rapist and less control than a Parkinsons victim. All in all tonight was decent if a bit flat at times.

27Bolton v Barcelona - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton v Barcelona Fri Aug 10 2012, 22:16

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

TheHateCamel wrote:Lee is by far our best player on tonight's evidence. Even my missus who hasn't ever watched a match said so.
Pratley on the other hand should never ever get near the first team. Touch of a rapist and less control than a Parkinsons victim. All in all tonight was decent if a bit flat at times.

Pratley was awful at Morecambe and looked no more useful against League Two opposition than he did last season.
If I remember rightly, we're supposedly paying him £18,000 a week.

Awful signing.

28Bolton v Barcelona - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton v Barcelona Fri Aug 10 2012, 22:18

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

There's only one Marvin Sordell!

There's only one feckless scot!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

29Bolton v Barcelona - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton v Barcelona Fri Aug 10 2012, 22:45

JakeSnake

David Lee
David Lee

Going off recent performances it has to be against Burnley

Lonergan, Mears, Ream, Knight, Alonso, Lee, Andrews, Eagles, Petrov, Sordell, Afobe

But when N'Gog is fully fit then they'll be a lot of competition for that striking role

30Bolton v Barcelona - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton v Barcelona Fri Aug 10 2012, 23:00

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sordell the marvel!

31Bolton v Barcelona - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton v Barcelona Fri Aug 10 2012, 23:09

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

JakeSnake wrote:Going off recent performances it has to be against Burnley

Lonergan, Mears, Ream, Knight, Alonso, Lee, Andrews, Eagles, Petrov, Sordell, Afobe

I'd agree with this 11 based on pre-season form, but you can't play a four man midfield with Lee, Eagles, Petrov and Andrews in it. It's too lightweight for the Championship and there's only one central midfield player there.

Personally, I think Ngog when fit is Coyle's number one choice, and the other three are scrapping to partner him from the start.

32Bolton v Barcelona - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton v Barcelona Fri Aug 10 2012, 23:21

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Thought I would go tonight and see what we are playing like with the new signins, I must admit I am happy with what I saw from key players. Wasn't sure what to expect from barca but we saw more of the ball than I thought.

My top 5 performances were:-

1. Petrov - who will be a beast in the championship, a very good night.
2. Alonso - looks very comfortable on the ball and can quite easily play on the left wing if necessary.
3. Lee - When he came on he looked very good, great on the ball and barca b struggled with him at times.
4. Sordell - a very good night capped with a goal, he has to start against burnley
5. Mears - at last a right back who doesn't get caught out of position.

........anway it was only a friendly so we can't read too much into it. Very Happy

33Bolton v Barcelona - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton v Barcelona Fri Aug 10 2012, 23:43

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Martin Petrov shows delight at finally having a competent striker to play with...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

34Bolton v Barcelona - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton v Barcelona Fri Aug 10 2012, 23:47

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Mot going to start this debate again and I know it's only one game but Sordell would have given us so much more in the last half of last season instead of Davies and Ngog.

35Bolton v Barcelona - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton v Barcelona Fri Aug 10 2012, 23:51

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

There's a best 11 with Knight in it? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

36Bolton v Barcelona - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton v Barcelona Fri Aug 10 2012, 23:53

JakeSnake

David Lee
David Lee

Alonso has surprised me this preseason and Eagles they've looked like two really strong players which I didn't expect... Thought Ricketts would be better... And it's good to see Lee hasn't lost his verve and a season in the championship is just what he needs to get back to normal, will be interesting when Holden comes back aswell...

And yes Knight has probably been our best central defender during preseason, I was shocked tbh, I thought Mills would have been better and secured that place alongside Ream but he slightly disappointed me

37Bolton v Barcelona - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton v Barcelona Sat Aug 11 2012, 08:19

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Knight was always going to play at Burnley, this is Owen Coyle people!

Mills was signed by Coyle so was always going to start on the bench, this is Owen Coyle people!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum