Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-2 Huddersfield (FA Cup 3rd round 6/3 3pm)

+6
Sluffy
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
MartinBWFC
10 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Who really is bothered about this? Don't care much about the cup games, play the kids see what they have to offer.

1-1

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not bothered myself and won't be going. The only interest is to see how some of the younger lads play if they get a game and if the likes of Derik and Karacan can step up and put themselves back in contention for the first team.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We'll get absolutely dicked. 0-5.

Attendance: 7,898

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A defeat. Parky will be giving the reserves a run out whilst resting our stars. 

Huddersfield have more ambition and will want to progress as far as they can through the tournament.

My prediction: Bolton 0-3 Huddersfield

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They'll also play their reserves, but there reserves will be better than ours. Hopefully home advantage will make us edge it? Maybe one of the youngsters proves to be the next superstar and makes a claim for the starting 11 in the future...

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I think we will have a chance to win this game.

Huddersfield only went up last year and so hasn't got a massively strong squad. They want Premier League points to stay up, so won't play their strongest team.

Some of our fringe players will have to play to give others a rest/cover for injuries/ cover for the West Ham boys who aren't resigned yet - so I think some of them will grab their chance to impress.

I can't imagine Huddersfield want a long cup run / replays - so they might just simply roll over for us.

Win for us I say.

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

We need the prize money from a decent cup run and the chance of a big pay day at Old Trafford/Anfield more than they do.I predict a draw that neither club wants and Huddersfield win the replay.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

He's another one to call us a direct team.

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I can't decide if i want to go, i never miss home matches but all this shite about the FA cup being so special actually turns me off, especially when none of the top 44 clubs will play any where near a first team. So Hypercritical.

They have ruined the best cup competition in the world and then pretend that all is well. so do i pay to watch Bolton Reserves play Huddersfield Reserves ? not sure, however when we were in the prem we usually had enough to win these games so i expect Huddersfield to have to much, basically we have lost to many players this week to play a strong enough team to win. hope i'm wrong.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We’ll piss it, fuck you Martin 

Sccccrrrraaaaapppppppapapap

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preview: Five talking points ahead of Bolton Wanderers v Huddersfield Town

As Wanderers take a break from league action to host Huddersfield Town in the Emirates FA Cup, bwfc.co.uk highlights five talking points ahead of Saturday's third round tie at Macron Stadium.

1) Recent form

Bolton Wanderers will be looking to maintain their recent form when they host Huddersfield Town in the third round of the Emirates FA Cup on Saturday.

The Whites come into Saturday's tie having won three of their last four league outings, and will be looking to put in another positive showing against Premier League opposition.

With adult tickets on sale for just £15 and concessions available for £5, back the Bolton boys this weekend! Click [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] to buy your tickets online.

2) The goal machine

Gary Madine netted his ninth goal of the season in the Trotters' last outing against Hull City, taking his recent tally to five goals from his last his seven matches.

Will the goal machine be able to extend his recent run when Wanderers face the Terriers?

3) Team selection

Phil Parkinson will be forced to make changes for Saturday's game with Darren Pratley (leg) and Karl Henry (hamstring) both ruled out after picking up injuries against Hull City.

Late decisions will be made on Andrew Taylor and Josh Vela after the duo returned to training towards the end of the week, while Antonee Robinson could feature after returning to the club on loan on Friday.

Loanees Adam Armstrong, Josh Cullen and Reece Burke have all returned to their parent clubs, though the Whites remain in talks with West Ham United.

The likes of Stephen Darby, Dorian Dervite, Mark Howard, Jem Karacan, Adam Le Fondre, Filipe Morais, Craig Noone, Derik Osede and Aaron Wilbraham could come into contention, while youngsters like Connor Hall and Jeff King will also be hoping for opportunities to impress.

4) Gaffer's got form

Phil Parkinson developed quite the taste for a cup run in the past during his time with Bradford City.

He was a Capital One Cup finalist with the Bantams in 2013 having knocked out Premier League trio Arsenal, Aston Villa and Wigan Athletic on their way to Wembley.

Parkinson also led Bradford to the FA Cup quarter-finals in 2015, memorably recovering from 2-0 down to beat eventual Premier League champions Chelsea 4-2 at Stamford Bridge before seeing off top-flight Sunderland.

Will the gaffer be able to oversee another cup run and prolong his side's stint in the tournament?

5) Cash turnstiles

Supporters will be able to pay on the turnstiles for Saturday's game against Huddersfield.

Kicking off at 3pm at Macron Stadium, admission on the day of the game can be found at the following turnstiles:

Please note that only the lower tiers of Macron Stadium will be open for this fixture to Wanderers supporters.

East Stand Lower - Blocks K and J (for I and L)
    North Stand Lower - Block M

Supporters wishing to sit in the West Stand Lower can purchase their tickets directly from the ticket office at Bolton Central.

Tickets will be available on a cash-only basis from 2pm onwards, while prices for the match are as follows:

Adults - £15

Over 65s - £5

Under 18s - £5

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Press Conference:

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Wanderers' substitutes: Alnwick, A. Taylor, Noone, Darby, King, Hall, Earing

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not sure what to make of that. We were second best but in the end only lost out to a wickedly deflected punt. Good that Jeff King and Hall got a bit of game time, but with the current shortage of midfielders I'd have thought Parky might have brought Jack Earing on to see how he coped.
Derik played well defensively, scored one and nearly got a second - but what is the value in that if Parky won't pick him and it's thought he might be moved on anyway? All in all not too bad but I felt that Parky might have experimented more given that we are in a relegation battle and need players to step up.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: Bolton Wanderers 1-2 Huddersfield Town

Wanderers exited the Emirates FA Cup following a narrow defeat at the hands of Premier League outfit Huddersfield Town at Macron Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

Following a goalless first period, the deadlock was broken five minutes into the second half as Rajiv van La Parra turned the ball home from a yard out before Danny Williams doubled the Terriers’ advantage two minutes later with a deflected long range effort.

Derik Osede did halve the deficit in the 63rd minute of the clash with a header at the far post from a corner kick, but despite Bolton's best efforts inside the remainder of the clash, they couldn't find an equaliser and bowed out of the competition at the third round stage.

TEAM NEWS

There were a handful of changes for Wanderers from their last outing, with Mark Howard, Adam Le Fondre, Derik Osede, Aaron Wilbraham and Filipe Morais coming into the fray from the starting XI.

FIRST HALF

The game started with gusto, with Antonee Robinson – fresh from extending his loan with the Whites until the end of the campaign – tricking his way into the box before unleashing a dangerous ball across goal which the Terriers cleared at the death.

The visitors then responded in kind by winning a free-kick to the right of Mark Howard’s penalty area, only to see the aforementioned Robinson block the effort.

Thereafter meanwhile, the balance of the game swung to and fro, with neither side really able to gain a solid foothold in the clash.

Mark Howard nor his counterpart Joel Coleman were being troubled for the most part, with the majority of play being contested in the middle third of the pitch.

Town were looking threatening however, with them forcing Bolton onto the backfoot with a handful of forays into the Whites’ territory.

On the half hour mark, Scott Malone found a way into the mixer for Huddersfield, but Tommy Smith skied his effort high and wide at the back post.

With five minutes of the first half remaining, Wilbraham spurned Bolton’s best opportunity of the game as Morais’ cross found the frontman unmarked, but his header was wide of the mark.

And come the break, the scores were goalless.

SECOND HALF

The second half got underway with no changes for either side at the break and it was the Terriers who started the stronger, with Abdelhamid Sabiri stinging the palms of Howard from 20 yards inside the opening minutes of the final 45.

The opportunity certainly provided the visitors with a boost too, with them enjoying a period of pressure thereafter with Joe Lolley’s strike from the edge of the box deflecting narrowly wide soon after.

And within five minutes of the restart, Town had the lead as first half substitute Rajiv van La Parra turned the ball home from a yard out following a melee from a corner kick.

A blow for the Whites, it was to get worse two minutes later as Williams’ long-range effort took a horrible deflection off David Wheater to wrong foot Howard in the Bolton goal and send the travelling Huddersfield faithful into raptures.

A harsh scoreline on Wanderers, they set about searching for a route back into the tie and found it as Derik headed home at the far post from a corner to halve the deficit with 27 minutes remaining.

Following a quiet first half, the game had certainly sprung into life in the second period with Phil Parkinson's men giving their all to force an equaliser in the clash inside the final quarter of the game.

The Terriers were certainly on the backfoot having been in a commanding position after their quick-fire double, with the introduction of Craig Noone with 15 minutes left signalling Bolton's intent in the encounter.

With the game entering its final ten minutes, it was all hands to the pump for the Trotters with Wheater and Beevers finding themselves in make-shift attacking positions following a series of set plays.

Up the other end meanwhile, following a counter attack, Howard did well to keep out Williams' drive with the Huddersfield man firing goalwards from a tight angle.

With time ticking away, Bolton made their final two substitutions with Connor Hall and Jeff King being thrown into the mix in place of Vela and Little.

The visitors were clinging onto their slender advantage, with their rare forays into Bolton territory coming to nothing much.

But come the final whistle, Wanderers just couldn't find a leveller and exited the Emirates FA Cup at the third round stage.

FULL TIME

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Agree with the goal very unlucky, for me once again ALF and Derik failed to show they are worth a start, For me Derik just shows no presence at all, to be fair he got the goal but can't see how you can pick him on what he offers.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Goals here -

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum