Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone.

+23
okocha
Gothic_Wanderer
Soul Kitchen
NickFazer
Wanderers for 45
boltonbonce
xmiles
Kane57
rammywhite
terenceanne
Bwfc1958
Reebok Trotter
MartinBWFC
Boggersbelief
Cajunboy
Growler
BoltonTillIDie
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
wanderlust
Leeds_Trotter
Sluffy
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 9]

141OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. - Page 8 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. Thu Feb 01 2018, 09:51

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

rammywhite wrote:
Gothic_Wanderer wrote:Selling Madine seems so incredibly short sighted. Surely staying in the Championship is worth more long term that the transfer fee?

Yeah his form could turn out to have been flash in the pan, but even when he wasn't scoring goals earlier in the season (bare in mind nobody was at that point, it wasn't just him) he was involved in everything. His form did nothing but improve when he stopped drinking as well.

I don't see how we can compete now, even with Clough returning along with signing Tyler Walker. I don't know if we can play effectively in a style that would truly suit them, and on his showing so far Wilbraham is not a replacement.

People bang on about the fact that we only play one dimensional football, but hey in the last couple of months, its mostly been working, so I don't really care, and I don't know if we have the players to do anything else.

8 goals and 4 assists in 14 games is not something we will be able to replace easily. I think selling him is utter madness and it has sealed our fate of relegation.

I truely hope that I am proven wrong.

I'm not sure what you mean by saying that Wilbraham is not a replacement on his showing so far. The bloke hasn't had a chance to show what he can do. At least let him have a few full games before he's dismissed as useless
Wilbraham was awful when he started against Huddersfield reserves in the cup, he's 38 Rammy, no way can we rely on him.

142OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. - Page 8 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. Thu Feb 01 2018, 09:56

Gothic_Wanderer

Gothic_Wanderer
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

rammywhite wrote:
Gothic_Wanderer wrote:Selling Madine seems so incredibly short sighted. Surely staying in the Championship is worth more long term that the transfer fee?

Yeah his form could turn out to have been flash in the pan, but even when he wasn't scoring goals earlier in the season (bare in mind nobody was at that point, it wasn't just him) he was involved in everything. His form did nothing but improve when he stopped drinking as well.

I don't see how we can compete now, even with Clough returning along with signing Tyler Walker. I don't know if we can play effectively in a style that would truly suit them, and on his showing so far Wilbraham is not a replacement.

People bang on about the fact that we only play one dimensional football, but hey in the last couple of months, its mostly been working, so I don't really care, and I don't know if we have the players to do anything else.

8 goals and 4 assists in 14 games is not something we will be able to replace easily. I think selling him is utter madness and it has sealed our fate of relegation.

I'm not sure what you mean by saying that Wilbraham is not a replacement on his showing so far. The bloke hasn't had a chance to show what he can do. At least let him have a few full games before he's dismissed as useless

Fair point, but just as an example, against Ipswich, Madine won everything in the air and gave their defence a hard time all game. Wilbraham came on for the last few minutes and all he did was fall over in every challenge with a defender. I hope he turns out to be great, but I just can't see a 38 year old cutting it.

143OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. - Page 8 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. Thu Feb 01 2018, 11:48

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

:clap: Totally agree.....and if he'd had support around him, he'd have been even more effective. He has almost single-handedly added to our puny initial points tally. Suicide to get rid without a suitable replacement lined up. The remaining front-men are so easily knocked off the ball while Gaz occupies more than one defender and creates space for others.....if only they would oblige!

144OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. - Page 8 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. Thu Feb 01 2018, 12:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Madine handed in a transfer request, and once a player does that he has to be moved on. Knowing what you know of Madine, does he strike you as the type of bloke who would have knuckled down if Bolton had stopped his transfer to Cardiff?

At the end of the day, he's played well this season, but he was bloody awful last time we played at this level, and even last season he was hit and miss. Usually a miss into row z if I'm being honest. So a sizeable offer from Cardiff is very, very good business.

Yes, we may well go down, but if we move away from the hoofball shite I for one will be happy.

145OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. - Page 8 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. Thu Feb 01 2018, 13:19

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Madine handed in a transfer request, and once a player does that he has to be moved on. Knowing what you know of Madine, does he strike you as the type of bloke who would have knuckled down if Bolton had stopped his transfer to Cardiff?

At the end of the day, he's played well this season, but he was bloody awful last time we played at this level, and even last season he was hit and miss. Usually a miss into row z if I'm being honest. So a sizeable offer from Cardiff is very, very good business.

Yes, we may well go down, but if we move away from the hoofball shite I for one will be happy.

That is one very massive if Nat!

146OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. - Page 8 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. Thu Feb 01 2018, 13:34

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

We aren't set up for hoofball now but apparently they were scouring  the free agents list as we speak for a more direct replacement. 

Personally id like to see more of;

Vela        Henry

Morais     clough      ameobi

Walker

147OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. - Page 8 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. Thu Feb 01 2018, 13:37

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

y2johnny wrote:We aren't set up for hoofball now but apparently they were scouring  the free agents list as we speak for a more direct replacement. 

Vela        Henry

Walker
We'd get smashed playing with only 6 players.

148OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. - Page 8 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. Thu Feb 01 2018, 13:56

Gothic_Wanderer

Gothic_Wanderer
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Natasha Whittam wrote:Madine handed in a transfer request, 

I didn't see that he had done this. Sad

149OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. - Page 8 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. Thu Feb 01 2018, 14:14

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Gothic_Wanderer wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Madine handed in a transfer request, 

I didn't see that he had done this. Sad

Once he did this we had no alternative but to sell him. If we really are going to get £6m for him that's good business. I expect Cardiff to sell him on if they get promoted.

150OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. - Page 8 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. Thu Feb 01 2018, 14:23

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Gothic_Wanderer wrote:I didn't see that he had done this. Sad

I thought that was the case, so I held back on calling you a bellend.

I've saved it for Johnny.

151OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. - Page 8 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. Thu Feb 01 2018, 14:25

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It's not the sale of Madine that disappoints me, it is the fact that once again Parky has shown he hasn't got a plan B, only this time it's in reguard to signings. We knew Cardiff wanted Madine, he should have been on the ball and had plenty of targets in mind for when the day came. As for tomorrow evening, we all know full well that Parky will still insist on pumping the ball up, just wonder how long It will take him to realise that we are missing a target man.

152OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. - Page 8 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. Thu Feb 01 2018, 14:27

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Leeds_Trotter wrote:It's not the sale of Madine that disappoints me, it is the fact that once again Parky has shown he hasn't got a plan B, only this time it's in reguard to signings. We knew Cardiff wanted Madine, he should have been on the ball and had plenty of targets in mind for when the day came. As for tomorrow evening, we all know full well that Parky will still insist on pumping the ball up, just wonder how long It will take him to realise that we are missing a target man.
He'll play Wilbraham, we all know he knows no different.

153OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. - Page 8 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. Thu Feb 01 2018, 14:29

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

MartinBWFC wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:It's not the sale of Madine that disappoints me, it is the fact that once again Parky has shown he hasn't got a plan B, only this time it's in reguard to signings. We knew Cardiff wanted Madine, he should have been on the ball and had plenty of targets in mind for when the day came. As for tomorrow evening, we all know full well that Parky will still insist on pumping the ball up, just wonder how long It will take him to realise that we are missing a target man.
He'll play Wilbraham, we all know he knows no different.
Old man Aaron won't be able to last the 90.

154OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. - Page 8 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. Thu Feb 01 2018, 14:32

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

MartinBWFC wrote:
y2johnny wrote:We aren't set up for hoofball now but apparently they were scouring  the free agents list as we speak for a more direct replacement. 

Vela        Henry

Walker
We'd get smashed playing with only 6 players.
Smile

155OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. - Page 8 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. Thu Feb 01 2018, 14:33

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Gothic_Wanderer wrote:I didn't see that he had done this. Sad

I thought that was the case, so I held back on calling you a bellend.

I've saved it for Johnny.
True love

156OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. - Page 8 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. Thu Feb 01 2018, 14:47

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

PP on Madine sale: "It's easy to say we've sold our top goalscorer but I don't pay the wages every month. On whether squad is stronger: "You’re asking a question, I think you know the answer. Probably not, when you have taken the top scorer out of the team."

Is this Parkinson admitting he has no plan B?

157OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. - Page 8 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. Thu Feb 01 2018, 14:57

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:PP on Madine sale: "It's easy to say we've sold our top goalscorer but I don't pay the wages every month. On whether squad is stronger: "You’re asking a question, I think you know the answer. Probably not, when you have taken the top scorer out of the team."

More of a go at Anderson I reckon.

158OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. - Page 8 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. Thu Feb 01 2018, 15:01

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:PP on Madine sale: "It's easy to say we've sold our top goalscorer but I don't pay the wages every month. On whether squad is stronger: "You’re asking a question, I think you know the answer. Probably not, when you have taken the top scorer out of the team."

If it is then his days are numbered.

159OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. - Page 8 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. Thu Feb 01 2018, 15:15

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

MartinBWFC wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

If it is then his days are numbered.
Numbered only by the days left on his contract.  No buy-out has been made clear.

160OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. - Page 8 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Gary Madine gone. Thu Feb 01 2018, 15:27

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

If he can't adapt to a very different system then he'll be gone, now KA has money in the bank, Kens no fool and he'll want results, Parkinson is his manager and if his manager puts his business in jeopardy we'll see a diferent KA.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum