Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coyle rebuilding the table tennis team (signs Ngog)

+6
rammywhite
gloswhite
bryan458
karlypants
Norpig
BoltonTillIDie
10 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ross County have signed former Liverpool striker David Ngog until the end of the season.

The 28-year-old arrives in Dingwall as a free agent after recently leaving Greek Superleague side Panionios.

Staggies manager Owen Coyle spent £4m on the Frenchman in 2011, signing him for Bolton from Liverpool.

"I am all too familiar with his qualities and I think he will be an excellent addition to our attacking options," Coyle told the club website.

Ngog, who began his career at Paris St-Germain, spent two seasons in France with Stade de Reims before his switch to Greece.

He finished a six-year stint in English football with a brief period at Swansea City, moving on from Bolton in January 2014.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jesus he must have had a bang on the head and forgotten how truly shite he was for us  Shocked

He'll be after Sordell next.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can't believe he's Still just 28!

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

karlypants wrote:I can't believe he's Still just 28!
Nah Owen Coyle's older than that surely !!!

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

he certainly aged most of us fans !

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Ross County (bottom of the SPL as you'd expect under his leadership) are playing the Huns today- and N'gog is on the bench. He's really resurrecting his career in the salubrious surroundings of Dingwall. Ramsbottom is much more cosmopolitan and he could have signed for Rammy united and be playing against Glossop!!

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ngog scored a penalty

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Ngog scored a penalty

In the 90th minute!! Coyle hasn't won in the last 11 games. He'll soon be getting that old familiar feeling that he's had at quite a few clubs now. A phone call from the Chairman.....

Last edited by rammywhite on Mon 29 Jan - 10:03; edited 1 time in total

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I find it amazing that he can be so consistently bad, and yet people still think he's worth a punt with their teams.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If he'd signed Rob Earnshaw instead of Sordell his career would have been so much better.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:If he'd signed Rob Earnshaw instead of Sordell his career would have been so much better.

Is Rob Earnshaw still alive?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:Is Rob Earnshaw still alive?

You bitch.

He's currently a fashion model in Milan, New York and Paris.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
rammywhite wrote:Is Rob Earnshaw still alive?

You bitch.

He's currently a fashion model in Milan, New York and Paris.
The guy could eat an apple through a tennis racket, how's he model material?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:The guy could eat an apple through a tennis racket, how's he model material?

He's clearly not your type Martin, do you prefer blondes?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sad as it may seem I watched the game on Sportscene and County deserved at least a draw. They were denied a cast iron pen when a Hun defender stopped the ball on the line with his hand with the goalie stranded. Ngog came on 10 minutes into the second half and was clearly a better standard player. It was his shot that caused the penalty that was awarded.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

If anyone wants to while away twenty minuets or so the following might keep you amused about Owen Coyle as a manager -

The following post was made on a Ross County fan forum calling for Coyle's head after about just 10 weeks or so after he was appointed.  Nearly everyone jumped on the poster as being a wum - nearly 6 weeks later (and many more games lost!) - many are changing their minds, and talk behind the scenes are that the clubs owner very much regrets appointing Coyle now!

Anyway this is the first post in the thread 'Coyle Out' -

I'm a regular reader of the forum, however, I felt the need to sign up to air my views on the situation at the moment.

Owen Coyle has had several months to implement his ideas to the team, and, if anything, we've got worse. The same old crazy decisions we saw under Jim being repeated but in even bigger fashion. Chopping and changing the goalie, the defence a mess, no organisation in midfield and a completely useless way of using what is a talented set of strikers. If it's Billy Mckay up front, we play the long ball. If it's Thomas Mickelson, we play it to feet. Even I can tell you this is wrong.

I'm all for giving managers time but the regression since Coyle came in is alarming and if he doesn't go then we'll be heading down to join our long lost neighbours. People saying wait to January are wrong. He's ruined clubs like Blackburn and Bolton with terrible signings and he will do the same to us if we're not careful. We all know we have a talented group of players that don't need releasing. The only thing we need releasing is our manager.

Link to the thread containing over 100 posts -

Link to todays BBC Scottish football article -

Owen Coyle: Will Ross County's potential be enough to save them from relegation?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They beat Dundee 4 - 1 yesterday to move to 4 points from safety.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:They beat Dundee 4 - 1 yesterday to move to 4 points from safety.

Impressive win- but they'll still be relegated. He'll enjoy trips to Dunfermline and Dumfries next season.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum