Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton hold firm on in-demand striker Adam Le Fondre

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers striker Adam Le Fondre is a wanted man as the transfer window ticks into its final week.

Two North West-based League One clubs have enquired about taking the 31-year-old on loan for the rest of the season – but their offers have thus far been rejected.

The fans’ favourite has featured in four of the Whites’ last five games, starting against Sheffield United and Huddersfield Town.

But The Bolton News understands there are no plans to send the striker out for regular football elsewhere, even if Phil Parkinson succeeds in bolstering his attack before next Wednesday’s deadline.

Le Fondre has made 21 appearances this season, the vast majority of which have been from the bench as Parkinson has stuck with lone front man Gary Madine up front.

Wanderers still plan to bring new signings in over the next week but must first secure the signatures of Reece Burke and Josh Cullen on loan from West Ham. Both players are set to feature in Saturday’s FA Cup game at Wigan Athletic, after which it is hoped David Moyes will give them the green light to remain in the North West with Bolton.

Parkinson makes no secret of the fact he is looking to add another front man to his squad as a bare minimum - and could also look to send out Connor Hall on loan to get the highly-rated young striker some senior experience.

“We’d like another forward, and I suppose every manager in the Championship wants the same,” said the Whites boss, mapping out the remainder of the window. “We would like one or two players but as I have said before, I don’t want to disrupt the players we have here too much.

“We need to speak to West Ham about Reece and Josh. Everyone is a bit tired of hearing that one but we’ll see what happens, and how long we might wait for that.

“One or two who have been out of the frame might go. But this group of lads have been working their socks off. It might be a case of finding one spark to keep them going.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum