Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off

+10
RustyNail
Sluffy
karlypants
y2johnny
wanderlust
Leeds_Trotter
Boggersbelief
Kane57
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off - Page 3 Empty Re: Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off Sat Feb 03 2018, 23:23

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

They were both in the wrong.

The law doesn't have different punishments depending on if someone attacked a man or a woman - it is the same crime and the same punishment.

So legally Leeds is correct in what he says.

Morally though it is reprehensible for any bloke to attack a woman just because they can.

There is a documentary on BBC iplayer at the moment - Stacey Dooley investigates - Russia's war on women - which is about wife beating.

I found it compelling viewing and can't understand a culture than thinks it is right for a wife to still be a possession of a woman once they are married as we are now in the twenty first century and no longer in the Stone Age. 

It shows one or two appalling clips of women being knocked about by their 'better' half.

Makes you worry about what the world is coming to when Putin's Russia thinks nothing of a pisshead battering his wife around a bit just to make him feel a bit better.

Maybe Phil Neville is the manager of the wrong country's Ladies football team?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

42Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off - Page 3 Empty Re: Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off Sat Feb 03 2018, 23:46

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sluffy wrote:They were both in the wrong.

The law doesn't have different punishments depending on if someone attacked a man or a woman - it is the same crime and the same punishment.

So legally Leeds is correct in what he says.

Morally though it is reprehensible for any bloke to attack a woman just because they can.

There is a documentary on BBC iplayer at the moment - Stacey Dooley investigates - Russia's war on women - which is about wife beating.

I found it compelling viewing and can't understand a culture than thinks it is right for a wife to still be a possession of a woman once they are married as we are now in the twenty first century and no longer in the Stone Age. 

It shows one or two appalling clips of women being knocked about by their 'better' half.

Makes you worry about what the world is coming to when Putin's Russia thinks nothing of a pisshead battering his wife around a bit just to make him feel a bit better.

Maybe Phil Neville is the manager of the wrong country's Ladies football team?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I watched that the other day Sluffy, it was a good watch. I always enjoy watching her documentaries. You watched any of her others?

43Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off - Page 3 Empty Re: Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off Sun Feb 04 2018, 00:24

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Leeds_Trotter wrote:
I watched that the other day Sluffy, it was a good watch. I always enjoy watching her documentaries. You watched any of her others?

Yes I've watched several of them over a few years now.

I tend to find her documentaries a bit like Bovril - I either love them or switch them off - I think it is more to do though with whether I find the subject matter interesting or not.

She's certainly a brave woman, she's been on the front line with the Kurdish Army women against the IS, investigated drugs in Mexico, been in a woman's prison in America and now sticking her beak into Putin's Russia - and it produces some good TV - or at least I think so.

She seems to get quite genuinely emotional about what she finds at times, and is clearly upset with some of the things she reports on.

I wonder what her father thinks, I don't think I would be to happy for my daughter to be constantly immersing herself in reporting various miseries through out the world, year in and year out, to make her living.  It must start to affect her sooner or later surely?

Hope she can find something happy for her to investigate and report on every once in a while.

Life's too short to fill it with just doom and gloom.

44Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off - Page 3 Empty Re: Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off Sun Feb 04 2018, 17:25

RustyNail

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

I work in the justice system, and the low sentence would suggest the assault was a very minor one, with little actual harm caused, eg. a push, or that there were mitigating factors that the judge took in to account, eg. she attacked him first.

Does anyone know any more details of the case? What did he actually do?

45Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off - Page 3 Empty Re: Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off Sun Feb 04 2018, 17:59

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

RustyNail wrote:I work in the justice system, and the low sentence would suggest the assault was a very minor one, with little actual harm caused, eg. a push, or that there were mitigating factors that the judge took in to account, eg. she attacked him first.

BBC reported the following:

Liverpool Magistrates' Court heard he "slammed" his partner against the wall and kicked her "while she was on the floor" in Liverpool on 22 December.

The court was shown CCTV footage of Flanagan hitting his partner, pushing her against a wall twice and then kicking her in Duke Street in the city centre at about 03:20 GMT.
Alan Currums, prosecuting, said a witness stated he had "seen the male throw the female against the wall and then kick her while she was on the floor".
He said the man saw Flanagan place one hand on Ms Wall's neck and one on her throat before he "slammed her against the wall".
The witness said he shouted from his balcony to Flanagan that he was "out of order" and the footballer replied with offensive language that he would "come and knock you out".

Both parties claimed to have been under the influence... but this was no love tap!

46Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off - Page 3 Empty Re: Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off Sun Feb 04 2018, 18:19

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Delightful character

What a lad eh!

47Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off - Page 3 Empty Re: Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off Sun Feb 04 2018, 18:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

RustyNail wrote:I work in the justice system

I'm not sure cleaning the bogs at Bolton Magistrates' Court counts as "working in the justice system".

48Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off - Page 3 Empty Re: Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off Sun Feb 04 2018, 18:51

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

observer wrote:
RustyNail wrote:I work in the justice system, and the low sentence would suggest the assault was a very minor one, with little actual harm caused, eg. a push, or that there were mitigating factors that the judge took in to account, eg. she attacked him first.

Liverpool Magistrates' Court heard he "slammed" his partner against the wall and kicked her "while she was on the floor" in Liverpool on 22 December.

The court was shown CCTV footage of Flanagan hitting his partner, pushing her against a wall twice and then kicking her in Duke Street in the city centre at about 03:20 GMT.
Alan Currums, prosecuting, said a witness stated he had "seen the male throw the female against the wall and then kick her while she was on the floor".
He said the man saw Flanagan place one hand on Ms Wall's neck and one on her throat before he "slammed her against the wall".
The witness said he shouted from his balcony to Flanagan that he was "out of order" and the footballer replied with offensive language that he would "come and knock you out".

Both parties claimed to have been under the influence... but this was no love tap!

Doesn't sound very minor to me.

I'm surprised men who treat women like this actually survive to tell the story. If anyone did this to my mother, wife or daughter (if I had one) they'd be in bits.

49Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off - Page 3 Empty Re: Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off Sun Feb 04 2018, 18:56

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I'm not sure cleaning the bogs at Bolton Magistrates' Court counts as "working in the justice system".
Then he works in the justice cistern.

50Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off - Page 3 Empty Re: Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off Sun Feb 04 2018, 18:56

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

finlaymcdanger wrote:
observer wrote:

Doesn't sound very minor to me.

I'm surprised men who treat women like this actually survive to tell the story. If anyone did this to my mother, wife or daughter (if I had one) they'd be in bits.
:agree:

51Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off - Page 3 Empty Re: Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off Sun Feb 04 2018, 18:57

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Then he works in the justice cistern.

Very Happy

52Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off - Page 3 Empty Re: Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off Sun Feb 04 2018, 19:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Then he works in the justice cistern.

Terrible. Get a job so I don't have to read anymore like that.

53Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off - Page 3 Empty Re: Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off Sun Feb 04 2018, 19:03

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

So how much nicer was Madine who had anger issues?  From various news accounts:

A Championship footballer from Tyneside has been jailed for 18 months after he was found guilty of punching two men in separate nightclub attacks.

Gary Madine, 23, who has a previous conviction for knocking a man out in a Carlisle pub, punched a man in a bar in Sheffield in February last year, breaking his nose.
Four weeks later Madine, from Birtley, punched another man in the city shattering his cheekbone.

Madine's trial had heard he punched Mr Beresford, a Sheffield Wednesday fan, knocking him unconscious and breaking his nose.
The court was told Mr Hall, a Sheffield United fan, was left with a broken jaw and a fractured cheek after Madine asked him who he supported.
Bricklayer Mr Hall, who did not recognise the Wednesday striker, replied "United", and moments later he was punched in the eye.
He suffered a broken jaw and his cheek was fractured in five places.

54Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off - Page 3 Empty Re: Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off Sun Feb 04 2018, 19:11

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Hmmmmm...... Yeah, he didnt recognise him and say anything at all to him.  Not excusing it, madine's a cunt, but someone saw dollar signs

55Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off - Page 3 Empty Re: Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off Mon Feb 05 2018, 17:39

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Not sure about the second chance argument, No real man would hit a woman, however the real disappointment is that it's BWFC that decided to give him that second chance.

I have two daughters and four granddaughters i expect any man to treat them with respect and to protect rather than harm them.

Paid a price or not i could never respect that type of man.

56Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off - Page 3 Empty Re: Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off Mon Feb 05 2018, 17:51

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:Not sure about the second chance argument, No real man would hit a woman, however the real disappointment is that it's BWFC that decided to give him that second chance.

I have two daughters and four granddaughters i expect any man to treat them with respect and to protect rather than harm them.

Yawn. Get off your high horse

57Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off - Page 3 Empty Re: Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off Mon Feb 05 2018, 19:50

Give an opinion or get back in your box.

58Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off - Page 3 Empty Re: Jon Flanagan: Fuck Off Mon Feb 05 2018, 19:55

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Boggersbelief wrote:
wessy wrote:Not sure about the second chance argument, No real man would hit a woman, however the real disappointment is that it's BWFC that decided to give him that second chance.

Yawn. Get off your high horse

Not high horse but the man's opinion which he has a right to.

As a father of a daughter myself, I share his opinion.

There's something wrong with any man who can't control himself enough that he has to hit a woman let alone kick her whilst she's down - if the report is indeed accurate.

Make's you wonder how controlled he is on the pitch?

I know if I was a striker he was marking I would be sledging him all the time about being a wife beater, a coward, not a real man. etc - hoping for him to react and hopefully get sent off.

Then again if it was Madine he was marking they could compare notes on how best to punch people!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum