Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coyle wants ''tough man midfielder''

+6
largehat
terenceanne
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok_Rebel
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
10 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Coyle wants ''tough man midfielder'' Empty Coyle wants ''tough man midfielder'' Wed Aug 15 2012, 12:45

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

According to this report in the BN we have made 2 serious bids for a hard man type midfielder but the interest in ''the rock'' seems to have been shelved.

Bolton have doubled their efforts to land a defensive midfielder before the season’s opener at Burnley.

Feelers have been put out for two different players, both currently contracted to clubs, but The Bolton News understands that attempts by Carlos Sanchez’s representatives to revive a deal at the Reebok have failed.

“We’re still looking for that holding midfielder and I’d love to add one to the squad. We probably don’t have that type because Stuart Holden is out just now. He can do all those roles, he’s just such a valuable player to us.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:

"We’re still looking for that holding midfielder and I’d love to add one to the squad. We probably don’t have that type because Stuart Holden is out just now. He can do all those roles, he’s just such a valuable player to us."

He's been injured for over a year, yet Mr Coyle only realises three days before the new season he's short in the defensive midfielder department.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
aaron_bwfc wrote:

"We’re still looking for that holding midfielder and I’d love to add one to the squad. We probably don’t have that type because Stuart Holden is out just now. He can do all those roles, he’s just such a valuable player to us."

He's been injured for over a year, yet Mr Coyle only realises three days before the new season he's short in the defensive midfielder department.

im not one for sticking up for coyle...

however, he has been trying to sign one for a while - sanchez!

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Holden isn't a "defensive" midfielder.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Holden is a long way from being the tough man. Bring back Reo ....he still hasn't signed for anyone.
Muamba's future to be announced today apparently. I wouldn't risk it myself....imagine if he goes down again in one of our games. To boot I think he will never be 100% again.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

He also had Cisse on trial in July. It'c clear that Coyle hasn't realised we need a DM 3 days before the start of the season.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't want Reo-Coker back, I am really hoping no bugger takes him on and he ends up at Tranmere or similar.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:I don't want Reo-Coker back, I am really hoping no bugger takes him on and he ends up at Tranmere or similar.

Agreed.

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

If we get Sanchez, on a sensible deal, I will be very impressed with Coyle

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:If we get Sanchez, on a sensible deal, I will be very impressed with Coyle

Is he actually worth all the bother though?

Forgive me if you're well versed in his play. But i don't see why we're letting him mess us around.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Forgive me if you're well versed in his play. But i don't see why we're letting him mess us around.

He probably isn't worth all the bother, but I think the lack of big name or inspirational signing means we'll cling to any potential "big name" signing even if we'd never heard of him until a few weeks ago.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

The problem is that if we don't sign a "tough man midfielder" we all know that our midfield is going to get over-run every game. And as others have pointed out Holden is not a "tough man midfielder". Crying or Very sad

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:The problem is that if we don't sign a "tough man midfielder" we all know that our midfield is going to get over-run every game.

We have Darren Pratley. Quit your moaning.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:
xmiles wrote:The problem is that if we don't sign a "tough man midfielder" we all know that our midfield is going to get over-run every game.

We have Darren Pratley. Quit your moaning.

Well I guess fitting one word of the three is a start.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

He isn't messing around with us, his agent is, that doesn't make him an arse.

The exact same thing happened with Cahills transfer to Chelski.

From the sounds of it, judging by what Coyle has said, it sounds as though the farce is mostly the agents doing.

And if he really is a tough ball winning midfielder then he will be worth it.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Never seen him kick a ball ..... of course I can say that with half the team at the moment lol!

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

From what I've heard plus a few clips on youtube he's basically NRC.
NRC was good last season. If nobody meets his demands and he swallows a bit of pride I'd have him back instead of Sanchez as we'd potentially get a better deal for what appears to be the same thing.
Problem is NRCs agent.

what is the story with these agents anyway?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

not-so-plain-jayne wrote:what is the story with these agents anyway?
Money first, football last.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum