Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I Want An Implant In My Head

+4
BoltonTillIDie
Hipster_Nebula
largehat
Natasha Whittam
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1I Want An Implant In My Head Empty I Want An Implant In My Head Wed Aug 15 2012, 15:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was reading a magazine article this morning that suggested in 50 years time all new born babies would have a small chip placed in their bodies. What for I hear you ask. Well, so that if this chip was scanned it could determine who you are.

This implant would stay with you for life, if you wound up dead in a back alley with your pants around your ankles the police could scan your dead body and notify your family.

Or if you had dementia and went for a walk and got lost, you could be scanned to determine who you are and where you belong.

It would also save time at airports, as you could be scanned as you handed in your baggage, and if you were a terrorist you could be grabbed before you got anywhere near a plane.

Do you think this could happen? Would you support it?

I think it's a great idea, I can't actually see a downside to it. They should start it now, I'd be happy to get one.

2I Want An Implant In My Head Empty Re: I Want An Implant In My Head Wed Aug 15 2012, 15:15

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It works for cats. My cat has a microchip in between his shoulder blades, it is about the size of a grain of rice.

So if he is ever found dead in an alley with his pants around his ankles, any vet or animal shelter can ring me and let me know about poor Elvis.

3I Want An Implant In My Head Empty Re: I Want An Implant In My Head Wed Aug 15 2012, 15:19

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's a complete invasion of civil liberties.

I take it you've seen minority report.

4I Want An Implant In My Head Empty Re: I Want An Implant In My Head Wed Aug 15 2012, 15:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:It's a complete invasion of civil liberties.

I take it you've seen minority report.

But unless you're a terrorist why would it matter? Surely the benefits outway the negatives?

It's like ID cards, they were a great idea but were abandoned because too many people claimed theur "civil liberties" would be violated.

5I Want An Implant In My Head Empty Re: I Want An Implant In My Head Wed Aug 15 2012, 15:32

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't want to government knowing my every move I'm afraid. Simple as that, i should be able to do what i want without scrutiny and have my privacy in tact.

but as we know it's going the way you're describing considering every e-mail, text and web hit is passed onto the government to spy on via your ISP.

which in my opinion is disgusting.

6I Want An Implant In My Head Empty Re: I Want An Implant In My Head Wed Aug 15 2012, 15:34

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster, it's not a GPS tracker we're talking about, it'a s microchip which could be found with a hand scanner if you turn up dead or with dementia. The government can't track my cat having a big shit in Copper Dragon's back yard.

7I Want An Implant In My Head Empty Re: I Want An Implant In My Head Wed Aug 15 2012, 15:38

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

obviously that is the end game. The Government will use terrorism as an excuse to infringe absolutely every human right you can possibly think of.

Apparently in New York the other day a tourist taking a photo in the city had their camera confiscated and was told "well, you remember 9/11 right?"

apparently alot of the tech seen in Minority Report will be commonplace by 2030 including the kind of retinal scan ability seen in it. Meaning any camera, anywhere will be able to recognise who you are instantly.

thats scary to me.

8I Want An Implant In My Head Empty Re: I Want An Implant In My Head Wed Aug 15 2012, 15:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I don't want to government knowing my every move I'm afraid. Simple as that, i should be able to do what i want without scrutiny and have my privacy in tact.

This was always the argument against ID cards, but why should a law abiding citizen care if the government knows they shop at Tesco, read The Mail, and put their knobs through holes in public toilets?

Surely only people upto no good should care where we get chipped?

9I Want An Implant In My Head Empty Re: I Want An Implant In My Head Wed Aug 15 2012, 15:42

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

But why is it their business? lol.

It doesn't matter if i only email my auntie in Australia once a decade, what business is that of the government to scan that mail.

It's because the intelligence community is so inept at their jobs they want the ability to know absolutely everything.

10I Want An Implant In My Head Empty Re: I Want An Implant In My Head Wed Aug 15 2012, 15:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:But why is it their business? lol.

You seem to be suggesting that someone is literally watching your every move, as if the government have a specific person assigned to Hipster Nebula.

Trust me, the government don't care where you shop, if you wear ladies underwear, or really support Coventry City. That isn't written in a file somewhere I promise you.

11I Want An Implant In My Head Empty Re: I Want An Implant In My Head Wed Aug 15 2012, 15:47

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No but they have access to that information.

That kind of thing should be opt-in.

It raises the issue of how that information is stored too, considering all the cock ups pertaining to accidental release of government held information.

Someone, somewhere wants your info, even if it's just your address to send you a flier.

12I Want An Implant In My Head Empty Re: I Want An Implant In My Head Wed Aug 15 2012, 15:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:No but they have access to that information.

That kind of thing should be opt-in.

It raises the issue of how that information is stored too, considering all the cock ups pertaining to accidental release of government held information.

Someone, somewhere wants your info, even if it's just your address to send you a flier.

But what does it matter if the government know where you shop? An ID card/chip scheme would help combat crime/terrorism, isn't that worth risking David Cameron knowing you're in love with Liz Jones?

13I Want An Implant In My Head Empty Re: I Want An Implant In My Head Wed Aug 15 2012, 16:00

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That doesn't answer the question or address any of the points i've made.

Why is it that their business? And why should i be forced to tell them whether im involved in crime or not.

14I Want An Implant In My Head Empty Re: I Want An Implant In My Head Wed Aug 15 2012, 16:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Why is it that their business? And why should i be forced to tell them whether im involved in crime or not.

Because it would make society a better place?

15I Want An Implant In My Head Empty Re: I Want An Implant In My Head Wed Aug 15 2012, 16:02

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:why should i be forced to tell them whether im involved in crime or not.

Hipster, you've completely and utterly destroyed your "civil liberties" argument with that line.

16I Want An Implant In My Head Empty Re: I Want An Implant In My Head Wed Aug 15 2012, 16:05

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No i haven't I'm talking about the right to privacy which is a civil liberty in my opinion.

17I Want An Implant In My Head Empty Re: I Want An Implant In My Head Wed Aug 15 2012, 16:10

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think its a great idea and one that will probably end up happening...

18I Want An Implant In My Head Empty Re: I Want An Implant In My Head Wed Aug 15 2012, 16:10

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:No i haven't I'm talking about the right to privacy which is a civil liberty in my opinion.

So you don't think it's your right to commit crimes without the state finding out about it then?

19I Want An Implant In My Head Empty Re: I Want An Implant In My Head Wed Aug 15 2012, 16:13

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:No i haven't I'm talking about the right to privacy which is a civil liberty in my opinion.

So you don't think it's your right to commit crimes without the state finding out about it then?

No that wasn't what i meant, i don't mean i want privacy to commit crime. I mean i shouldn't be treated as a criminal until the point at which i become one.

20I Want An Implant In My Head Empty Re: I Want An Implant In My Head Wed Aug 15 2012, 16:32

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

How do we know it doesn't happen already anyway? Does anyone bother passing their baby under a scanner as soon as they get home from the hospital to find out? I wouldn't be surprised if they just take a swab and put every new-born on the DNA database.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum