Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I Want An Implant In My Head

+4
BoltonTillIDie
Hipster_Nebula
largehat
Natasha Whittam
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21I Want An Implant In My Head - Page 2 Empty Re: I Want An Implant In My Head Wed Aug 15 2012, 17:22

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Numpty 28723 wrote:How do we know it doesn't happen already anyway? Does anyone bother passing their baby under a scanner as soon as they get home from the hospital to find out? I wouldn't be surprised if they just take a swab and put every new-born on the DNA database.

We know very little about anything for sure, but this is paranoia on a remarkable level.

This is the UK. We have the finest political system in the world. Our government is accountable for its actions and what it spends money on.

What you're suggesting would require an explicit conspiracy between the government and every maternity ward in the country, far more money than the government could hide and would achieve pretty much nothing.

It's like something out of a dystopian pot-boiler to suggest this could ever happen in secret.

22I Want An Implant In My Head - Page 2 Empty Re: I Want An Implant In My Head Wed Aug 15 2012, 17:35

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I don't think Numpty was being serious but even if government spending is accountable clearly MPs are a different matter as this recent quote shows:

A TORY MP is charging taxpayers to learn Hebrew – after getting hitched to his Israeli partner.
Nick Boles, who called for OAPs to be stripped of winter fuel payments, has been learning the ancient Jewish language since his civil partnership with Shay Meshulam last year.
The close ally of David Cameron has spent £678.80 of public money on the cushy Parliamentary perk.
It will infuriate hard-up families as on top of his £65,000 a year MP’s salary, Mr Boles earns £2,000 a month from a second job.
Labour MP John Mann blasted: “It is a terrible use of taxpayers money in these times of austerity.”
Mr Boles, 46, claimed Britain could no longer afford to give OAPs benefits including winter fuel handouts and free bus travel.
But the MP for Grantham was happy to use a jammy MPs’ perk of private foreign language lessons to learn the ancient tongue of his partner’s homeland.
Mr Boles was unapologetic yesterday, saying: “It is ­something I’m entitled to do. I’ve done it and that’s that.”
Multi-millionaire Culture Secretary Jeremy Hunt has got over £3,000 of Mandarin lessons at the taxpayers’ expense in the past two years after marrying his Chinese wife.
They are among nine MPs who got free language classes in the 12 months to April, Commons figures show.
The lessons are supposed to help politicians do their jobs.

23I Want An Implant In My Head - Page 2 Empty Re: I Want An Implant In My Head Wed Aug 15 2012, 18:04

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

If any of those politicians wish to have lessons in Jamaican patois, I am offering discounts at present.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

24I Want An Implant In My Head - Page 2 Empty Re: I Want An Implant In My Head Wed Aug 15 2012, 19:03

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I always thought the ID cards were a fantastic idea :-

1. They have them in Northern Ireland for decades - they don't even need a passport to travel from an airport (for internal travel in UK and Ireland) they just flash their ID cards and thats it.

2. A good money-spinner for the government in which to issue a card can cost about 30 quid every 5 or 10 ten years and if someone gets stopped by the police and doesn't have their ID card on them they automatically get find about 75 quid.

3. Also good for if you drop dead in a back alley with trousers around your ankles - identification of the body through ID card

4. More control on immigration as one who enter the UK to live and work would require an ID card (but also the black market would also increase in this area!!!)

25I Want An Implant In My Head - Page 2 Empty Re: I Want An Implant In My Head Wed Aug 15 2012, 19:33

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I didn't want an ID card. Manchester was one of the areas they trialled them in, although they weren't compulsory. I laughed nastily the day an invitation to apply for one landed on my door mat, especially when it got to the bit where it explained I would have to PAY for this article.

Luckily, scrapping them was the first thing the Tories did when they came into power in 2010. So the absolute morons who had paid their 50 quid were, deservedly, left with a useless and obsolete piece of plastic.

How DARE the government waste billions of pounds on this scheme and expect people to pay for a card they don't want and haven't asked for? It was the best outcome all round when it was scrapped.

26I Want An Implant In My Head - Page 2 Empty Re: I Want An Implant In My Head Wed Aug 15 2012, 19:40

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

largehat wrote:I laughed nastily the day an invitation to apply for one landed on my door mat...

Like this?
I Want An Implant In My Head - Page 2 Evil-Laugh

27I Want An Implant In My Head - Page 2 Empty Re: I Want An Implant In My Head Wed Aug 15 2012, 20:00

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Keegan wrote:
largehat wrote:I laughed nastily the day an invitation to apply for one landed on my door mat...

Like this?
I Want An Implant In My Head - Page 2 Evil-Laugh

Hmm, no, more like Sid James (left) in this:

I Want An Implant In My Head - Page 2 Side%20james

28I Want An Implant In My Head - Page 2 Empty Re: I Want An Implant In My Head Wed Aug 15 2012, 20:36

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

That doesn't look particularly nasty, but ok. I would have expected it to have been more similar to this:

I Want An Implant In My Head - Page 2 Mwahaha-2

29I Want An Implant In My Head - Page 2 Empty Re: I Want An Implant In My Head Wed Aug 15 2012, 20:38

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I know what you mean, but it's hard to descrine the nastiness. It sounded nasty. I meant it in a nasty way. I felt nasty doing it.

30I Want An Implant In My Head - Page 2 Empty Re: I Want An Implant In My Head Wed Aug 15 2012, 20:40

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Nice... I mean, nasty.

31I Want An Implant In My Head - Page 2 Empty Re: I Want An Implant In My Head Wed Aug 15 2012, 21:02

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

largehat wrote:I didn't want an ID card. Manchester was one of the areas they trialled them in, although they weren't compulsory. I laughed nastily the day an invitation to apply for one landed on my door mat, especially when it got to the bit where it explained I would have to PAY for this article.

Luckily, scrapping them was the first thing the Tories did when they came into power in 2010. So the absolute morons who had paid their 50 quid were, deservedly, left with a useless and obsolete piece of plastic.

How DARE the government waste billions of pounds on this scheme and expect people to pay for a card they don't want and haven't asked for? It was the best outcome all round when it was scrapped.

So you are in favour of a microchip being implanted and not and ID card?

32I Want An Implant In My Head - Page 2 Empty Re: I Want An Implant In My Head Wed Aug 15 2012, 21:10

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc71 wrote:
largehat wrote:I didn't want an ID card. Manchester was one of the areas they trialled them in, although they weren't compulsory. I laughed nastily the day an invitation to apply for one landed on my door mat, especially when it got to the bit where it explained I would have to PAY for this article.

So you are in favour of a microchip being implanted and not and ID card?

No, I'm not in favour of the microchip, but I thought some of Hipster's objections were a bit over the top.

33I Want An Implant In My Head - Page 2 Empty Re: I Want An Implant In My Head Wed Aug 15 2012, 21:10

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

True, I agree with you with regards to hipster - just read what you wrote wrongly.

34I Want An Implant In My Head - Page 2 Empty Re: I Want An Implant In My Head Wed Aug 15 2012, 21:19

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

largehat wrote:
Numpty 28723 wrote:How do we know it doesn't happen already anyway? Does anyone bother passing their baby under a scanner as soon as they get home from the hospital to find out? I wouldn't be surprised if they just take a swab and put every new-born on the DNA database.

We know very little about anything for sure, but this is paranoia on a remarkable level.

This is the UK. We have the finest political system in the world. Our government is accountable for its actions and what it spends money on.

What you're suggesting would require an explicit conspiracy between the government and every maternity ward in the country, far more money than the government could hide and would achieve pretty much nothing.

It's like something out of a dystopian pot-boiler to suggest this could ever happen in secret.

I Want An Implant In My Head - Page 2 Tumblr_m49l7gFCPs1r5lewro1_500

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum