Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mick McCarthy

+7
doffcocker
boltonbonce
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
observer
Bollotom2014
y2johnny
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Mick McCarthy Empty Mick McCarthy Wed Apr 11 2018, 01:17

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Stormed out of Ipswich. A chance to get a decent manager before the end of season fizzles out?

2Mick McCarthy Empty Re: Mick McCarthy Wed Apr 11 2018, 01:31

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Oh? I knew he wasn't happy there. I wonder where he will end up.  Evil or Very Mad

3Mick McCarthy Empty Re: Mick McCarthy Wed Apr 11 2018, 10:59

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Bollotom2014 wrote:Oh? I knew he wasn't happy there. I wonder where he will end up.  Evil or Very Mad
How much does he want for four games?

4Mick McCarthy Empty Re: Mick McCarthy Wed Apr 11 2018, 11:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd sack Parky today. Four spineless defeats on the trot, scoring just one goal.

How could anyone do worse in the last 4 games?

There isn't a single reason for keeping him. Time for Ken to put the good of the club first.

5Mick McCarthy Empty Re: Mick McCarthy Wed Apr 11 2018, 11:11

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:I'd sack Parky today. Four spineless defeats on the trot, scoring just one goal.

How could anyone do worse in the last 4 games?

There isn't a single reason for keeping him. Time for Ken to put the good of the club first.
I think Parky would agree.  How much does Mick want for a one-month job to save the club?

6Mick McCarthy Empty Re: Mick McCarthy Wed Apr 11 2018, 11:44

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He'll get better offers than from us i'll bet but Parky does need to go now as he's run out of ideas and the players look like they can't be arsed.

7Mick McCarthy Empty Re: Mick McCarthy Wed Apr 11 2018, 11:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bloody Hell, we missed him by a day. We're going down.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

8Mick McCarthy Empty Re: Mick McCarthy Wed Apr 11 2018, 12:12

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We missed out on McCarthy a few years ago because we didn't want his number two,Terry Connor. They come as a pair.

9Mick McCarthy Empty Re: Mick McCarthy Wed Apr 11 2018, 12:15

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've always liked big Mick, he comes across as very honest and doesn't pull his punches when being interviewed, i wouldn't be upset if he and Terry Connor took over next season.

10Mick McCarthy Empty Re: Mick McCarthy Wed Apr 11 2018, 12:16

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

McCarthy is a dick - an annoying person and a fairly unsuccessful football manager.

Anybody here even considering saying they'd take him, ask yourself this. If you were an Ipswich fan right now, would you be in that 0.1% that rated him as a manager and wished he was staying? Course you would.

11Mick McCarthy Empty Re: Mick McCarthy Wed Apr 11 2018, 12:18

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

From what i've seen Doffy it's a small minority of Ipswich fans who wanted him out, from what i've read the general consensus has been that he's done a decent job down there with no real backing.

He can't be any worse then clueless Parky.

12Mick McCarthy Empty Re: Mick McCarthy Wed Apr 11 2018, 12:40

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Trouble is people have been saying "we can't do any worse than what we've got" for years, and yet for all the chopping and changing we've done since Allardyce left, we've yet to have a manager who the fans have been behind for longer than 12 months.
There's no doubt Parky is a long ball negative dullard, but surely McCarthy is one of the last men in football we'd turn to if we wanted the style to improve.

13Mick McCarthy Empty Re: Mick McCarthy Wed Apr 11 2018, 12:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's impossible for a manager to get less points in the remaining games than Parky has in the last 4.

I'd bring anyone in, just in the hope that we get some of that new manager bounce.

14Mick McCarthy Empty Re: Mick McCarthy Wed Apr 11 2018, 13:08

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:It's impossible for a manager to get less points in the remaining games than Parky has in the last 4.

I'd bring anyone in, just in the hope that we get some of that new manager bounce.

And invariably be in the same predicament this time next year?

We might as well go down and rebuild.

15Mick McCarthy Empty Re: Mick McCarthy Wed Apr 11 2018, 13:38

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:
As Christ Church F.C.?

There will be fuck all left to rebuild if we go back down...

16Mick McCarthy Empty Re: Mick McCarthy Wed Apr 11 2018, 13:40

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It will be a lot to rebuild next season with around 20 players out of contract and loans going back. Big job for someone just not Parky.

17Mick McCarthy Empty Re: Mick McCarthy Wed Apr 11 2018, 14:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:And invariably be in the same predicament this time next year?

You idiot. You'd rather go down and "rebuild" than stay up and struggle again next year?

If we go down I fully expect us to be a National League side by 2022.

18Mick McCarthy Empty Re: Mick McCarthy Wed Apr 11 2018, 14:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The club isn't even trading in the black at this level so relegation would mean austerity like we've never seen before which will make it nigh impossible to attract a decent manager or players. Anderson knows we have to survive, if just to stay as a struggling Championship side and continue to reduce the debt. He won't sell either way IMO - not until we've had a few years of putting the finances back on track because he won't be able to make a case for someone to pay him loadsamoney.
McCarthy won't work for peanuts.
If we are relegated, David Lee for manager (with support) would be our best bet of gradually introducing - and attracting - young talent, and playing the more expansive style of football that he encourages. It would be a massive learning curve for everyone and could be a disaster at first but it would be in with a chance and would certainly be affordable. Even if we went down to the bottom tier and continued rebuilding there we would at least get the finances back on track which would give us options going forward.
Seems a better long term strategy than throwing contracts at ageing players who would slow our progress towards the stability we need to start again.

19Mick McCarthy Empty Re: Mick McCarthy Wed Apr 11 2018, 15:58

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:And invariably be in the same predicament this time next year?

You idiot. You'd rather go down and "rebuild" than stay up and struggle again next year?

If we go down I fully expect us to be a National League side by 2022.

If we don't go down this season, there's a good chance we will next season regardless of who the manager is. Without some investment in players, swapping and changing managers in hope of getting some "new manager bounce" is just delaying the inevitable.

20Mick McCarthy Empty Re: Mick McCarthy Wed Apr 11 2018, 15:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's all about the here and now. I'd install you as manager if I thought it would keep us up. Worry about next season in August.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum