Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Stevie G and Rangers

Stevie G and Rangers

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Stevie G and Rangers Empty Stevie G and Rangers on Wed May 02 2018, 08:54

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Is he mad even to think about this. he's generally well liked, got a good reputation, seems like a nice bloke and is utterly inexperienced as a manager. And yet he's thinking od going into the cauldron of Glasgow football.  Personally I think he's off his rocker even thinking about taking the job. It will destroy him.

2Stevie G and Rangers Empty Re: Stevie G and Rangers on Wed May 02 2018, 12:00

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I agree Rammy it's too big a job to walk straight into with virtually no experience. If he does take it and it all goes tits up then he would struggle to get another job at a decent level.
He should learn his trade by either working his way up through Liverpool or drop down to league 1 or 2.

3Stevie G and Rangers Empty Re: Stevie G and Rangers on Wed May 02 2018, 12:04

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
If he wants to join us next year- I wouldn't say no as he could get a load of Liverpool's third stream players to join us on loan. They'd be better and more enthusiastic than the shower that we have now

4Stevie G and Rangers Empty Re: Stevie G and Rangers on Wed May 02 2018, 12:06

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
As long as he doesn't bring Flanagan back with him. he's been crap!

5Stevie G and Rangers Empty Re: Stevie G and Rangers on Wed May 02 2018, 12:09

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Norpig wrote:As long as he doesn't bring Flanagan back with him. he's been crap!

Say something positive

6Stevie G and Rangers Empty Re: Stevie G and Rangers on Wed May 02 2018, 12:18

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
@Boggersbelief wrote:
@Norpig wrote:As long as he doesn't bring Flanagan back with him. he's been crap!

Say something positive

He's been proper good crap

7Stevie G and Rangers Empty Re: Stevie G and Rangers on Wed May 02 2018, 12:35

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
If anybody can stop Brendan Rogers winning the league Gerrard can, he's done it before.

8Stevie G and Rangers Empty Re: Stevie G and Rangers on Wed May 02 2018, 12:51

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@MartinBWFC wrote:If anybody can stop Brendan Rogers winning the league Gerrard can, he's done it before.
Laughing

9Stevie G and Rangers Empty Re: Stevie G and Rangers on Wed May 02 2018, 13:26

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Boggersbelief wrote:
@Norpig wrote:As long as he doesn't bring Flanagan back with him. he's been crap!

Say something positive
ok, i can guarantee 100% you are a knobhead, will that do?

10Stevie G and Rangers Empty Re: Stevie G and Rangers on Wed May 02 2018, 13:32

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Norpig wrote:
@Boggersbelief wrote:
@Norpig wrote:As long as he doesn't bring Flanagan back with him. he's been crap!

Say something positive
ok, i can guarantee 100% you are a knobhead, will that do?

Is that positive?

11Stevie G and Rangers Empty Re: Stevie G and Rangers on Wed May 02 2018, 13:40

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Boggersbelief wrote:
@Norpig wrote:
@Boggersbelief wrote:
@Norpig wrote:As long as he doesn't bring Flanagan back with him. he's been crap!

Say something positive
ok, i can guarantee 100% you are a knobhead, will that do?

Is that positive?
No, it’s juat a statement of fact. Laughing

12Stevie G and Rangers Empty Re: Stevie G and Rangers on Wed May 02 2018, 14:10

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Boggersbelief wrote:
@Norpig wrote:
@Boggersbelief wrote:
@Norpig wrote:As long as he doesn't bring Flanagan back with him. he's been crap!

Say something positive
ok, i can guarantee 100% you are a knobhead, will that do?

Is that positive?
i'm so happy the DNA test came back and i'm not your Dad, good news for us both (any better?)

13Stevie G and Rangers Empty Re: Stevie G and Rangers on Wed May 02 2018, 16:53

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@MartinBWFC wrote:If anybody can stop Brendan Rogers winning the league Gerrard can, he's done it before.

Laughing

14Stevie G and Rangers Empty Re: Stevie G and Rangers on Thu May 03 2018, 10:50

wanderlust


Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
If Gerard is promised a ton of money - and that will depend how much the Huns have progressed financially since their demotion debacle - and if he is working with a more experienced manager as his assistant, then he may well take the job but having watched Celtic maul them 5 nil last week the size of the task can't be underestimated and the pressure to succeed will be greater than he has ever experienced so it's a tough call.

15Stevie G and Rangers Empty Re: Stevie G and Rangers on Thu May 03 2018, 12:59

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Agree with the notion that it could ultimately be a disaster for Gerrard.

But, surely a Rangers move IS the equivalent of starting his managerial career in the lower leagues (League 1 standard?) and therefore a good place to start if you're of the opinion that is where managers should start out?
It would also be a high profile appointment and therefore attract much media focus which I would image is a positive for him.

Surely, finishing second behind Celtic next season wouldn't be deemed a failure on his part unless the club are completely out of their minds.
I'd have thought the club should clearly outline their short-term expectations of him (2nd?) with the intention of progressing over the next 3 years in line with available investment.

Giggs is a good example of how difficult it is to come by managerial roles so I'm not sure passing up this opportunity would be a good choice. 

I guess we'll find out soon enough.



Last edited by finlaymcdanger on Thu May 03 2018, 14:53; edited 1 time in total

16Stevie G and Rangers Empty Re: Stevie G and Rangers on Thu May 03 2018, 13:11

wanderlust


Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@finlaymcdanger wrote:
But, surely a Rangers move IS the equivalent of starting his managerial career in the lower leagues and therefore a good place to start if you're of the opinion that is where managers should start? The majority of the SPL teams are League 1 standard. 
Yeah. League 1 standard with an average gate of nearly 50,000 and a worldwide following.

17Stevie G and Rangers Empty Re: Stevie G and Rangers on Thu May 03 2018, 14:52

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
@finlaymcdanger wrote:Agree with the notion that it could ultimately be a disaster for Gerrard.

But, surely a Rangers move IS the equivalent of starting his managerial career in the lower leagues and therefore a good place to start if you're of the opinion that is where managers should start? The majority of the SPL teams are League 1 standard. Despite this be a high profile appointment and therefore keep his name in the press and attract much attention which I would image is a positive. Surely, finishing second behind Celtic next season wouldn't be deemed a failure on his part unless they're absolutely out of their minds. The club should outline their short-term expectations of him (2nd) with the intention of progressing, with investment, and challenging within the next 3 years.

I'm not so sure it would be such a terrible choice for him.

Fin- its not just a football club in a basic league. Its a culture ,a following a manifestation of hundreds of years of history. The other half of Glasgow (the Celtic support) will see him as a figure worthy of contempt for being a Hun and I don't think he's mentally prepared for just what he's letting himself in for. He could never walk the streets of Glasgow or even live there given the emotion that accompanies following one of the Old firm.

I was born there and we have a holiday cottage near Stirling (about 30 miles from Glasgow, and we make sure that we're not there when they play each other because the atmosphere is too tense ,sometimes bordering on poisonous. He's a good bloke, a likeable character and he's walking into a cauldron of blind emotion and irrational behaviour. He'd be far better of as assistant manager to a good championship  or premiership side for a few years to earn his spurs.

18Stevie G and Rangers Empty Re: Stevie G and Rangers on Thu May 03 2018, 14:56

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@rammywhite wrote:
@finlaymcdanger wrote:Agree with the notion that it could ultimately be a disaster for Gerrard.

But, surely a Rangers move IS the equivalent of starting his managerial career in the lower leagues and therefore a good place to start if you're of the opinion that is where managers should start? The majority of the SPL teams are League 1 standard. Despite this be a high profile appointment and therefore keep his name in the press and attract much attention which I would image is a positive. Surely, finishing second behind Celtic next season wouldn't be deemed a failure on his part unless they're absolutely out of their minds. The club should outline their short-term expectations of him (2nd) with the intention of progressing, with investment, and challenging within the next 3 years.

I'm not so sure it would be such a terrible choice for him.

Fin- its not just a football club in a basic league. Its a culture ,a following a manifestation of hundreds of years of history. The other half of Glasgow (the Celtic support) will see him as a figure worthy of contempt for being a Hun and I don't think he's mentally prepared for just what he's letting himself in for. He could never walk the streets of Glasgow or even live there given the emotion that accompanies following one of the Old firm.

I was born there and we have a holiday cottage near Stirling (about 30 miles from Glasgow, and we make sure that we're not there when they play each other because the atmosphere is too tense ,sometimes bordering on poisonous. He's a good bloke, a likeable character and he's walking into a cauldron of blind emotion and irrational behaviour. He'd be far better of as assistant manager to a good championship  or premiership side for a few years to earn his spurs.

I totally understand your point of view but a character like Gerrard didn't achieve everything he did by being hesitant and shying away from a challenge. I'm just saying that I wouldn't be surprised either way because I can see both sides of the argument

19Stevie G and Rangers Empty Re: Stevie G and Rangers on Thu May 03 2018, 14:59

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@wanderlust wrote:
@finlaymcdanger wrote:
But, surely a Rangers move IS the equivalent of starting his managerial career in the lower leagues and therefore a good place to start if you're of the opinion that is where managers should start? The majority of the SPL teams are League 1 standard. 
Yeah. League 1 standard with an average gate of nearly 50,000 and a worldwide following.

He's performed at the highest level in front of huge crowds week in week out for many years. I'm not convinced that is of any concern to him

20Stevie G and Rangers Empty Re: Stevie G and Rangers on Thu May 03 2018, 15:22

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
He should start at a lesser club. League two

21Stevie G and Rangers Empty Re: Stevie G and Rangers on Thu May 03 2018, 16:24

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
@Boggersbelief wrote:He should start at a lesser club. League two

Why?

22Stevie G and Rangers Empty Re: Stevie G and Rangers on Thu May 03 2018, 16:37

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Boggersbelief wrote:He should start at a lesser club. League two

I'd say it was much easier to manage a big club like Rangers than a League 2 side like Barnet or Morecambe.

23Stevie G and Rangers Empty Re: Stevie G and Rangers on Thu May 03 2018, 16:44

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Celtic took on John Barnes. This will go the same way.

24Stevie G and Rangers Empty Re: Stevie G and Rangers on Thu May 03 2018, 22:11

gloswhite

gloswhite
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
I don't like the twat. He's an arrogant, jumped up, prick, and not a very nice person, on or off the pitch. If he fell flat on his face, I'd be quite happy, and if he took over The Whites, I would seriously consider withholding my support, at least until he's cocked it all up, and was booted out.

25Stevie G and Rangers Empty Re: Stevie G and Rangers on Thu May 03 2018, 22:14

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
So you know him well?

26Stevie G and Rangers Empty Re: Stevie G and Rangers on Thu May 03 2018, 22:19

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@gloswhite wrote:I don't like the twat. He's an arrogant, jumped up, prick, and not a very nice person, on or off the pitch. If he fell flat on his face, I'd be quite happy, and if he took over The Whites, I would seriously consider withholding my support, at least until he's cocked it all up, and was booted out.
Quite agree Glos.

If he wasn’t a professional footballer then the thug would have been in jail for armed robbery and god knows what else.

27Stevie G and Rangers Empty Re: Stevie G and Rangers on Thu May 03 2018, 22:24

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@karlypants wrote:If he wasn’t a professional footballer then the thug would have been in jail for armed robbery and god knows what else.
 
Why?

28Stevie G and Rangers Empty Re: Stevie G and Rangers on Thu May 03 2018, 22:43

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Are we still talking about Stevie G?

29Stevie G and Rangers Empty Re: Stevie G and Rangers on Sun May 06 2018, 23:49

RustyNail


Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt
@boltonbonce wrote:Celtic took on John Barnes. This will go the same way.

I was going to make the same comment, he won't last 6 months.

30Stevie G and Rangers Empty Re: Stevie G and Rangers on Tue May 08 2018, 19:52

wessy

wessy
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
I thought he might become a motivational speaker, due to his obvious charisma. but this will not end well.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum