Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BEHIND ENEMY LINES - STAYING UP SPECIAL

+24
y2johnny
Chairmanda
Tungsten3
ege66
Hip Priest
okocha
MartinBWFC
rammywhite
Sluffy
BoltonTillIDie
wessy
observer
Cajunboy
Norpig
Bollotom2014
wanderlust
karlypants
xmiles
Boggersbelief
finlaymcdanger
Leeds_Trotter
boltonbonce
NickFazer
Natasha Whittam
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 8]

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

5 emails to boncey

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:5 emails to boncey
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Tungsten3 wrote:One thing Wanderers has over this forum is email notifications with msg included here you have to visit the forum

It's a good forum Wanderers Ways but I like to think we have features that don't, such as all match commentaries are relayed live on here (Radio Nuts) to anywhere in the world for free (that includes all areas of the UK outside of local radio coverage around the Bolton/Manchester areas).

Probably a bit late for you to find that out seeing we've only just played our last match of the season but something to bear in mind for next.

At the end of the day which forum suits you the best is down to personal choice.

We hope you like Nuts but no hard feelings from us if you like ww better - we all follow the same side after all!

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
y2johnny wrote:5 emails to boncey
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
lol!

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

It's hard work sometimes.

I thought I'd tweet Nixon to see if he would give Natasha's special a ReTweet and let fans of other clubs in on the laugh.  He replied as follows - I think the other clubs suffered enough. Would be wrong to rub it in. I was there. Bolton were in oblivion until the 87th minute. I don’t forget that bit. Small margins.

I replied back saying we wasn't intending to laugh AT those fans but rather WITH them, as fans of all clubs know what its like to get relegated and we all share the same comments when we cling to hope and finally get swamped with the inevitable.  I suggested if he had a moment to spare he might read it and see for himself but if he still didn't feel inclined to RT it, then thank you for his time.

Fair enough, I've no issue whatsoever with that but in between my reply to Nixon a Bolton fan had tweeted that he agreed with Nixon and we should have better standards than taking this piss out of the relegated clubs.

Before I replied to him I had a little look at what he says about himself on twitter and saw that he wrote for the LoV.

I politely enquired of him as to had he actually read the article and was he not aware that the LoV along with Marc Iles and Lee Anderson happily RT-ed the article over the last couple of days.

His reply was that he definitely read the article (in fact he even said so twice) and then took an immediate anti-Anderson stance saying how pathetic it was having Lee in our corner wasn't a very good reflection on us/the article.

I patiently reminded him that the LoV (and Marc Iles) were also in our corner and asked if that made them 'bad men' too?  That it was obviously a good thing that the club owners son endorsed our article. I also called him out as to never having read the article or he would have known the article was written in fun with no malice intended (our only aim being to share the fun more widely with fans of all clubs).

He then started to lose the plot a bit abusing Lee Anderson more and saying that he did not share all the views of the LoV and that he had a different view of the article and he felt we should not have been demeaning fans of relegated clubs and why did I continue to reply to him

I pointed out that it was in fact him who stuck his beak into the conversation I was having directly with Alan Nixon, that there had been many replies to the article via the ReTweets and that none of them had seen the article to be negative in anyway - and neither would he if he had read it - and that continued abuse of someone he probably had never met showed he had a personal prejudice about Lee Anderson.

He then started down the road of he didn't have to personally know people to know they were mentalists and quoted Trump to be another example of one (Trump being a billionaire and head of the greatest superpower in the world - even if you don't like him you've got to acknowledge that he must have something in that head of his - otherwise we all could do it!) and wasn't I getting bored replying to him.

I actually tweeted him this -  Yes I'm bored.  You've already told porkies.  Probably never met Lee Anderson yet made your mind up about him based solely on hearsay and social media and thereby shown your perceived prejudice of him and now acting like a child with your last tweet.  No point continuing. Bye.

Still he wouldn't let it go and tweeted me that I needed to learn how to deal with criticism, my reply being -

What criticism though?  You gave your opinion on something you hadn't read, then lied about it.  You scoffed at what we did when your own site endorsed it. You were abusive to the club owners son, even though you don't know him.  And now childishly you won't let it drop.  Grow up

He then sent me two quick tweets, the first being about how could one prove that he didn't read the article and the second saying I misused the meaning of childish and that if he was childish then I could prove it by not replying to him!

Clearly he realised by then he'd made a complete bell end of himself then he blocked me!

Christ all I ever wanted to do was pass on a good joke that EVERYONE (even the fans of the relegated clubs) could enjoy and ended up with a petulant adolescent telling porkies and digging himself into a needless hole!

I certainly hope his articles are more thought-out and mature than he presented himself tonight!

TJ14Wanderer is his twitter handle if anybody wants to follow his work.

I certainly won't be doing.

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

They are all dicks over at that site.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Leeds_Trotter wrote:They are all dicks over at that site.

I don't follow them much but fair play them retweeting Natasha's article and I think most of them saw the joke and found it funny and completely harmless - which it was.

I clearly got some immature late teen/early twentysomething who was trying to toady up to Nixon and had to start fibbing when I asked him had a read the article, just to save his face on what he had already tweeted to Nixon.

Instead of just telling the truth he kept digging a bigger hole for himself by trying to make out having Lee Anderson in our corner meant nothing, completely forgetting that LoV and Iles had RT'ed our tweet just the same as Lee had.

He never responded to my question as to 'were they mentalist's' too because they enjoyed and RT our tweet!

He then carried on digging and got in over his head when I pointed out his perceived prejudice of Lee Anderson was not very grown up if all he based it on was hearsay and social media tweets.

He then showed his immaturity by trying to be clever and asking why I kept responding to him - forgetting he was the one who stuck his beak in, in the first place!

Christ all he had to do was say he had read the article and didn't find it funny - but clearly he couldn't even say that because quite clearly he had not read it at all.

In the end he blocked me on twitter, just like a petulant little child going into a big sulk and not speaking to anyone

All because he couldn't simply tell the truth on twitter because it would have made him look a bit silly.

Well he's proved himself with his behaviour to be far stupider than that!

He'll grow up one day no doubt.

Just read the thread, not sure the forum getting into a row with a kid on Twitter is a great look to be honest, especially in attracting new posters.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:Just read the thread, not sure the forum getting into a row with a kid on Twitter is a great look to be honest, especially in attracting new posters.

It was more an immature on twitter being a knob and not giving up arguing with me despite my best attempts to be civil with him.

Remind you of anybody?

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

One step forward, two steps back.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

finlaymcdanger wrote:One step forward, two steps back.

Oh hello my new personal troll chirping up again.

By the way you can't hide that you are logged on the forum from site Admin.  We see you on the forum all the time.  Quite flattering really.

Sluffy wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:Just read the thread, not sure the forum getting into a row with a kid on Twitter is a great look to be honest, especially in attracting new posters.

It was more an immature on twitter being a knob and not giving up arguing with me despite my best attempts to be civil with him.

Remind you of anybody?

Reads 6 of one half a dozen of the other to me, each to their own though.

Bolton Rebirth

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Sluffy wrote:

There was a TJ back on the Burnden Aces forum when it was in existence that I recall for being a right wind up merchant - could it be the same chap?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bolton Rebirth wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

There was a TJ back on the Burnden Aces forum when it was in existence that I recall for being a right wind up merchant - could it be the same chap?

Possibly, I don't know but I doubt it.

This bloke seems to have a picture of him and his mates at his school prom night, so I'm guessing he's only about 18 or 19 years old now and clearly from his remarks to me on twitter, someone who isn't that smart and clearly eager to please (toadying up to Nixon, spouting the LoV line on Lee Anderson for example).

I vaguely remember the TJ you are on about and he was clearly more savvy and much less petulant than the one I conversed with yesterday.  Indeed I did wonder if the Burnden Aces TJ was a fake account of another more prominent poster who posted on several forums back then (and probably is still doing so today!).

Yesterday's TJ behaved and acted like a child.  

Hopefully for his own sake he will grow up sometime soon.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:

By the way you can't hide that you are logged on the forum from site Admin.  We see you on the forum all the time.  Quite flattering really.

HIDE? What on earth are you talking about?

Between work and home I have seven different devices and have probably used all of them to login to this forum at some point. I never bother to sign out so I'd imagine that you and your little sycophants, lurking behind your digital peepholes can see me signed in 24/7 if you like. If thats what gets you off then I guess its my turn to feel quite flattered.

Please don't kid yourself that I'm sat reading Nuts the entire time I'm shown as registered though.

Admittedly, I'm a Bolton Wanderers obsessive, and Nuts is one of the sources I enjoy getting my daily fix because of a few really smart and funny regulars on here (Nope. Don't flatter yourself). I may not be loud about it and I may not be proud about it but I have absolutely no reason whatsoever to hide it.

Spare me the long-form character assassination diatribe you're about to write and get yourself down to the Self-Awareness Shop instead. A) no one reads them, and B) mocking members of your own forum for spending time on it really is fucking pathetic.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Between work and home I have seven different devices and have probably used all of them to login to this forum at some point. I never bother to sign out so I'd imagine that you and your little sycophants, lurking behind your digital peepholes can see me signed in 24/7 if you like. If thats what gets you off then I guess its my turn to feel quite flattered.

Please don't kid yourself that I'm sat reading Nuts the entire time I'm shown as registered though.

Admittedly, I'm a Bolton Wanderers obsessive, and Nuts is one of the sources I enjoy getting my daily fix because of a few really smart and funny regulars on here (Nope. Don't flatter yourself). I may not be loud about it and I may not be proud about it but I have absolutely no reason whatsoever to hide it.

Spare me the long-form character assassination diatribe you're about to write and get yourself down to the Self-Awareness Shop instead. A) no one reads them, and B) mocking members of your own forum for spending time on it really is fucking pathetic.
Be careful Fin. I'm convinced Sluffy is the phantom cyclist slayer of Slough. They're falling like nine pins down there.
I usually sign out of Nuts when I'm done,and I've had to turn off email notifications to stop my phone constantly pinging.
I reckon it's about time for the end of season Nuts rumble. Bring your own weapons.
If Mr Travelodge cares to join in,he's very welcome. Very Happy

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Do you think all of you could give it a rest? Time after time these threads are reduced to these spats- constant bickering ,insulting criticising. its the sort of thing that makes you give up on Nuts. Its tedious, uninteresting and selfish
Just give it a rest will you?
Thanks

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

rammywhite wrote:Do you think all of you could give it a rest? Time after time these threads are reduced to these spats- constant bickering ,insulting criticising. its the sort of thing that makes you give up on Nuts. Its tedious, uninteresting and selfish
Thanks

Fair comment Rammy but I claim my right of reply first if you don't mind.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

finlaymcdanger wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Christ you really are a mentalist!

You've changed your Nuts profile to HIDE your on line status several months ago - it's got nothing at all to do with what you log into here from.

Your 'hidden' status is shown on the FRONT PAGE of the forum (with everybody else logged into the forum at the time) - we see it all the time we look at the menu - we ALL see it, every single member of the forum and all the visitors too!!!

Of course they don't know 'who' the hidden member is, but as I've said in my previous post, Admins can.

As for being 'signed in', people are shown as being on the forum if they've 'clicked' on it, within the last hour.  I don't go out my way to see who is or isn't on the forum but those who are on the forum shown as 'hidden' are highlighted, so it's pretty hard to miss not 'noticing' you!

So whilst I'm at the Self-Awareness shop, I'll be thinking about you booking yourself into the Internet Melt-Down clinic (for those who feel so precious about themselves).

And you call me pathetic....

PS, nice to know your opinion of the other hardworking Admins who give of their time for free to make Nuts as good as it is for all of us - including you.

Last edited by Sluffy on Sat May 12 2018, 09:45; edited 1 time in total

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

rammywhite wrote:Do you think all of you could give it a rest? Time after time these threads are reduced to these spats- constant bickering ,insulting criticising. its the sort of thing that makes you give up on Nuts. Its tedious, uninteresting and selfish
Thanks

:agree:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum