Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Andrew Taylor named as Wanderers' PFA Community Champion for 2017/18

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Andrew Taylor named as Wanderers' PFA Community Champion for 2017/18 Large

Defender Andrew Taylor has been named as Wanderers' PFA Community Champion for the 2017/18 campaign.

Receiving his award at the club's recent home game with Wolverhampton Wanderers, the full-back - who has been with the Whites since the summer of 2016 - has been right at the heart of the local area all season long.
From visiting local businesses to show his support to meeting and greeting fans young and old at various signing sessions and parties, he was also a prominent figure when the players visited the local hospital at Christmas to deliver gifts to sick children.

Taylor also helped to support Working Wardrobe in association with Bolton at Home, an initiative that helps people looking to get into work by providing them with smart clothing for interviews.

A true community stalwart of the club, the 31-year-old is under no illusions as to the importance of support across the borough from Bolton Wanderers Football Club as a whole.

"I've been in football for a long time now and getting out into the local community is something I've enjoyed at each and every club I've been at.

"As players, we are in very privileged positions and we need to use that to make a positive impact wherever we can - our roles within the football club aren't just limited to our efforts out there on the pitch.

"I've really enjoyed everything that I have done with the club since I joined a couple of years ago and if I can make a difference, no matter how small, I'm more than happy to do it, in turn giving something back to those who support us as a team.

"I'm extremely proud to have been named as Bolton Wanderers' PFA Community Champion for 2017/18 and I'm just so glad that I've been able to play my part community-wise this season."

Source

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Fair play to him.

I assume all players are expected to do their share of community work, so I guess Taylor must have gone above and beyond to be given the acknowledgement.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum