Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Parky stays

+10
wessy
observer
doffcocker
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
MartinBWFC
Cajunboy
Tungsten3
rammywhite
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Parky stays Empty Parky stays Sat May 19 2018, 14:45

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It seems that its official now- Parkinson will be our manager next season. So lots of people said what  they would do or not do if he was our manager again. What's your reaction to him staying?
Me? I'll renew my season ticket this week and suffer another year of lousy football.

2Parky stays Empty Re: Parky stays Sat May 19 2018, 15:03

Tungsten3

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

If we have no investment coming in then its great, if pragmatic news.

3Parky stays Empty Re: Parky stays Sat May 19 2018, 15:22

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I expected him to stay, if only that he is the cheapest option.

I'll be very surprised if there is  any new finance or a complete takeover of the club either.

4Parky stays Empty Re: Parky stays Sat May 19 2018, 16:29

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Staying for now, if the Saudis or whoever comes in he's gone

5Parky stays Empty Re: Parky stays Sat May 19 2018, 16:34

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He’s not staying at all. The guys been told he’s not the right man for the job

6Parky stays Empty Re: Parky stays Sat May 19 2018, 16:37

He’s proved he’s the man who can work with no budget. Until there’s investment doubt he’ll be going anywhere.

7Parky stays Empty Re: Parky stays Sat May 19 2018, 17:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:He’s not staying at all. The guys been told he’s not the right man for the job

When will Ken be telling Parky?

8Parky stays Empty Re: Parky stays Sat May 19 2018, 20:11

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:It seems that its official now- Parkinson will be our manager next season.
Where is this coming from Rammy?

I presume there is something stronger than Lee Anderson's lunch of confidence? 

Has Parky been given permission to sign players? Even if he has I wouldn't be surprised because I'm not sure about this storyline about new investors/owners as it's the kind of rumour a disreputable owner might put out to pacify restless fans before turning round later and saying "well we tried" or "their demands were unreasonable".

Has something definitive been released?

9Parky stays Empty Re: Parky stays Sun May 20 2018, 10:53

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

People need to realise that we're not the big fish in a small pond that we once were.

The difference in level of investment now between us and nearly every other Championship club is massive.

It's shit that we have to put up with crappy football and survival if we're lucky, but there's only one way things would go if Parky were replaced. There'd be no money to bring in any creative players, so we'd still have to put up with lousy football, people would tolerate it for a bit, before finally deciding we need another change.

10Parky stays Empty Re: Parky stays Sun May 20 2018, 11:36

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:but there's only one way things would go if Parky were replaced.

Garbage. We could get a manager who could produce more effort on the pitch, and bring in players who aren't scared of the ball.

11Parky stays Empty Re: Parky stays Sun May 20 2018, 11:41

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:but there's only one way things would go if Parky were replaced.

Garbage. We could get a manager who could produce more effort on the pitch, and bring in players who aren't scared of the ball.

Wouldn't you have come out with some trash along these lines were the same question asked about Lennon? Or Freedman? Or Coyle?

12Parky stays Empty Re: Parky stays Sun May 20 2018, 12:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Probably, but the fact remains it's not guaranteed the next manager will be worse than parky. If that's even possible.

I've never "settled" in my life. You should always aspire to be better.

13Parky stays Empty Re: Parky stays Sun May 20 2018, 13:26

Tungsten3

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

I have to agree with doffcocker I expect if we get some else in odds are that they will be less effective than parky on our budget.

Its rough at the moment but thats our lot for now.

14Parky stays Empty Re: Parky stays Sun May 20 2018, 13:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Totally disagree.

How many of Parky's signings could be deemed even "average"?

Why would any sane manager bring Dervite back into the team for a must win game?

Why would we kick it long when we had no target man?

I'm sorry, but how likely is it than any other experienced manager would have done those things?

We didn't stay up through great tactical awareness or in-game brilliance. We stayed up because there were three teams even shitter than us. We won't have that luxury next season. Play like we did in the 2017/18 season and we will finish rock bottom.

15Parky stays Empty Re: Parky stays Sun May 20 2018, 13:43

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Agree with Nat here, the season was saved in 9 minutes, and let's not forget that two of the three goals were hoofed up by the keeper, Parkinson should take NO credit for keeping us up, and as Nat rightly states next season won't be so forgiving, there won't be five or six shit teams battling out to see who are the shittest three, people saying he has earned the right to have another go at it, no he fucking hasn't any other club would have sacked him for his team selection at Burton alone, Parkinson is still here only because the Forest defence were on the beach in the last 15 minutes.

16Parky stays Empty Re: Parky stays Sun May 20 2018, 14:37

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:Totally disagree.

Why would any sane manager bring Dervite back into the team for a must win game?

I'm sorry, but how likely is it than any other experienced manager would have done those things?

We didn't stay up through great tactical awareness or in-game brilliance. We stayed up because there were three teams even shitter than us. We won't have that luxury next season. Play like we did in the 2017/18 season and we will finish rock bottom.
When you are right, you are right!

17Parky stays Empty Re: Parky stays Sun May 20 2018, 14:48

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

MartinBWFC wrote:Agree with Nat here, the season was saved in 9 minutes, and let's not forget that two of the three goals were hoofed up by the keeper, Parkinson should take NO credit for keeping us up, and as Nat rightly states next season won't be so forgiving, there won't be five or six shit teams battling out to see who are the shittest three, people saying he has earned the right to have another go at it, no he fucking hasn't any other club would have sacked him for his team selection at Burton alone, Parkinson is still here only because the Forest defence were on the beach in the last 15 minutes.

Sorry Martin that's Bollocks. So what ever goes wrong is the managers fault, but when it goes right he had nothing to do with it.

He should be credited for learning from the awful start that he deserved to be lambasted for and pulling back the deficit then giving us a 6 point cushion, he then should be lambasted for the way we played after the Villa game. But in the end he brought us up and kept us up without spending a penny with one arm up his back. NO other Bolton manager as worked under those constraints he didn't spit the dummy and walk for that he dererves credit.

18Parky stays Empty Re: Parky stays Sun May 20 2018, 14:49

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:Totally disagree.

Any manager can only play the cards they have in their hand.

All managers have constraints put on them from a greater to a lesser extent as to what happens off the pitch directly effects what happens on it.

There are quite simply many things we don't know, not least of which is how much say does Parkinson have in the players we sign - and what strings are attached (for instance do loan players contracts include a certain minimum of appearances - maybe that is why we saw so much of Flanagan and nothing of Little for a spell - or do players contracts include a bonus payment after a set number of appearances - we know Wheaters did (£50,000) - maybe Ken could not afford a further £150k/£200k if a further 3 or 4 first teamers trigger their bonuses too?).

Clearly even a blind man could see that our centre defenders were unable to cope in this division without a defensive midfield blanket in front of them - 2 points out of the first 11 games is evidence of that, until Henry reached match fitness.  From then on we had to play catch up with every other team in the division with a quarter of the season already gone and having to play seven defensive players (two defensive mids, back four plus keeper) - so how exactly do we achieve a crowd pleasing Klopp type all out attack with just four players, one of whom being Gary Madine?

Well remarkably Parkinson achieved the results although it wasn't pretty football.  We even sold Madine (without a direct replacement for him) and still Parkinson kept us catching up and even passing other clubs in our rise from the bottom.

With eight games to go we were just about safe when the wheels came off again - I've said above and several times before what I think happened - behind the scenes issues preventing certain players to be available for first team selection - and thus resulting in some weird team selections in the those games such as the Dervite recall.

Take away the first 11 games when for whatever reason we had no defensive midfielders in front of the clearly not good enough Wheater and Beevers - and achieved just 2 points - and the last 8 games when I strongly believe issues off the pitch directly effected player availability - and were we picked up just 4 points (19 games, 6 points) and compare that to the 27 games, 37 points were Parkinson had the team free from off field issues (and easily the stats of a mid-table Championship club).

There's a massive difference.

And that's why the Anderson's have kept him despite balloons like Martin demanding him to be sacked every five minutes.

19Parky stays Empty Re: Parky stays Sun May 20 2018, 14:52

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

After saying all that do i want him to stay, not really the football was dire, but for me not as bad as under Freeman and Lennon at the end. However i do think that without new investment at this point it is in the best interest of the club to play it safe.

If we under perform at the start of next season then he should go. But given that he may be able to spend some money he as earned that right in my book.

Good post Sluffy stop talking sense people don't like it lol.

20Parky stays Empty Re: Parky stays Sun May 20 2018, 15:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote: he didn't spit the dummy and walk for that he dererves credit.

Get real, managers don't walk away anymore, too much money to lose.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum