Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

If Parky stays will you go to matches?

+10
rammywhite
luckyPeterpiper
Cajunboy
Hip Priest
bryan458
boltonbonce
MartinBWFC
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It looks increasingly likely Parky will be staying at least in the short term. A lot of fans on here and other social media have said that if he stays then they won't renew season tickets, anyone on here feel the same?

I'm not a fan of his style of football and don't really want him to stay but it might make sense for now as we need a massive squad rebuild.

I will still go if and when Parky is confirmed but i can't say i'm looking forward to watching his style of football. It's going to be a very tough season due to the lack of squad and a 12 point deduction so changing the manager may be one step too many.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I won't be getting a season ticket this time, I'll probably pitch up at the odd match, but I've bought a CFC season ticket for next season.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You turncoat Nat  Very Happy

I suspect you won't be the only one though.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I don't attend games anymore as people know but I do/did follow the games on Radio Nuts and the game highlights.

Last season got so bad for me I often couldn't even listen/watch them - nor the midweek games and others that we paid for (thanks to your donations) streams.

I couldn't blame anybody for not wanting to go to games and pay their money to watch that - I wouldn't even if I lived across the road from the ground.

I've nothing against Parky, I thought he did well to build a team to get us up and stay there and I honestly thought the squad we had last season would be good enough to stay up again.

Clearly off the field issues directly some/many players performances on the field which personally I have no time for - they know they are all going to be paid in the end and non of those throwing their toys out of the pram aren't without few hundred thousands or more in their piggy banks.

Look at the performance of players like O'Neil and compare it with that of Ameobi who it seems gave up the ghost when his January transfer to Forest didn't happen.

Parky I guess did his best to keep things going - but at the end of the day it is his job to put a team out that at least has some fight in it and sometimes you have to attack the teams you think you have a chance of getting points from - I can never understand why he doesn't do this and I mean in games prior to the troubles of last season.

I'd have changed managers if I could but for whatever reasons we haven't.

I guess he will have precious little money to build a team so he needs to create a system and pick the players to fit the system.

He's got an ok striker in Magennis and a very decent playmaker at this level in Oztumer, so he's got to make the most of them.

He's got to build a side to win games because we are already 12 points down with maybe more to come because of the stupid, needless strike, so he needs to have a top half of the table side points wise, in order to be a comfortable bottom half of the table team position wise, come the end of the season.

I think therefore he would have no choice other to play with two up front to achieve that as Magennis isn't going to score enough goals on his own up front.

I'd like to see O'Neil back if he would come as no doubt we are going to have to pad the team out with youth and eagerness as we probably won't have the money to fill all the places up with seasoned professionals.

We've got to get some speed into the side even if their end product isn't too great as we need players who can get around the pitch.

I'd like an enforcer in midfield to protect Oztumer so that would probably be Lowe.

Personally I wouldn't touch Wheater with a bargepole if he even wanted to come back but maybe he could still do a job at our level, so would have to swallow my pride and see if he would come for the pittance I would be paying.  Maybe even do the same for Vela although the gossip is that his game is suffering because he's too fond of a drink.

I would see if Hobbs fancied it but he is a worry with his injuries.

We definitely need another three strikers not including Hall, to add to Magennis as we are going to play two up front no matter what and need cover for injury suspension, loss of form, players simply being crap.  With Hall that would mean 5 strikers in the squad.

I don't know what kids we have who could do it at this level but hopefully there are one or two that can.

Shame Little left, we could have used him at this level.  We don't need to worry about keepers.

Parkinson can and does find some gems every now and again - the 'postman' for instance, so maybe he has an idea of who he wants and might get.

The bottom line for me is that he has to build a more attacking team and go two up front.  He needs a few old heads in there because we probably will have a load of youth and inexperience in the teams because we can't afford much else.  We have to score goals even if that means we leak goals, so probably a commanding centre back like Wheater (although I've never rated him since his boro days) is necessity.  Speed also throughout the team and above all a desire to fight and scrap until the last.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sorry sluffy, but you're dreaming if you think Parky is going to play a more attacking style, I absolutely guarantee you it'll be more of the same defensive bobbins that has been typical of his reign.

And Oz will be on the bench.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:You turncoat Nat  Very Happy

You gobshite, I was voted Bolton's "Number One Fan" three years running (as well as "Sexiest Fan"), I've earned the right to go elsewhere.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:Sorry sluffy, but you're dreaming if you think Parky is going to play a more attacking style, I absolutely guarantee you it'll be more of the same defensive bobbins that has been typical of his reign.

And Oz will be on the bench.

I hope you are wrong otherwise the crowd will go all toxic within weeks like they did with Megson.

Parkinson needs points to say up with having at least a 12 point penalty - far from impossible but we start 4 wins behind the other teams who will be down at the bottom of the league at the end of the season and you can't win games if you don't attack.

I hope for his sake and ours that he plays two up front with Oz pulling the strings.

Otherwise what's the point really?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:I hope you are wrong otherwise the crowd will go all toxic within weeks like they did with Megson.

Parkinson needs points to say up with having at least a 12 point penalty - far from impossible but we start 4 wins behind the other teams who will be down at the bottom of the league at the end of the season and you can't win games if you don't attack.

I hope for his sake and ours that he plays two up front with Oz pulling the strings.

Otherwise what's the point really?

I hope I'm wrong, but very rarely do managers change style. It's a bit like your mate Owen Coyle parking the bus. Never going to happen.

Thanks Parky.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

No way would I pay to watch that mans poor excuse for football, mind numbing doesn't even begin to describe his gameplan, last season a mate of mine couldn't attend due to work commitments, he couldn't give his ticket away, so there's 5 in our group that won't be getting a season ticket, and there's a load more on social networking sites that are saying the same, FV should not ignore the voices of the fans.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I suppose I'll be dragging myself along.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:I suppose I'll be dragging myself along.

That's another 2000 off the gate.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:I suppose I'll be dragging myself along.

That's another 2000 off the gate.
Scandalous! At least I can fit through the turnstile.

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

If Parky stays that will be FVs first fuck up how many season tickets will that cost them, I certainly will not pay to watch Parkinson's shite, and they will have alienated the majority of supporters straight away,

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

No season ticket for me this season. Can't watch any more of Parky's turgid shite. Really hard to believe that FV have gone through all this shit to buy the club yet seem to be either unaware or just not really that bothered about the effect keeping Parky on will have on attendances and any feelgood factor the takeover may have generated.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:I won't be getting a season ticket this time, I'll probably pitch up at the odd match, but I've bought a CFC season ticket for next season.
Hi Nat, who is the new girl?

Very nice.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hip Priest wrote:Really hard to believe that FV have gone through all this shit to buy the club yet seem to be either unaware or just not really that bothered about the effect keeping Parky on will have on attendances and any feelgood factor the takeover may have generated.

I couldn't agree more, which is why I live in hope that the rumour isn't true.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:Hi Nat, who is the new girl?

Very nice.

All my avatars are me.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I've been somewhat disenchanted with the whole game of football for some time and I can't summon up the enthusiasm I had for it even five years ago now. I'll be at quite a lot of the home games but I probably won't get to more than three or four away games this season. It's nothing to do with Parky per se, more that my life priorities have changed and I don't see the point of spending all that time, effort and money doing something I don't really love any more. I'll probably buy a season ticket but for the most part I won't bother about cup or away games unless they're particularly interesting.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Cajunboy wrote:Hi Nat, who is the new girl?

Very nice.

All my avatars are me.
Cabin Crew?

What happened to your Preston Business Empire?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:I've been somewhat disenchanted with the whole game of football for some time and I can't summon up the enthusiasm I had for it even five years ago now. I'll be at quite a lot of the home games but I probably won't get to more than three or four away games this season. It's nothing to do with Parky per se, more that my life priorities have changed and I don't see the point of spending all that time, effort and money doing something I don't really love any more. I'll probably buy a season ticket but for the most part I won't bother about cup or away games unless they're particularly interesting.

You live in Chorley, support your local team you bloody plastic fan.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum