Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Parky stays

+10
wessy
observer
doffcocker
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
MartinBWFC
Cajunboy
Tungsten3
rammywhite
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Parky stays - Page 2 Empty Re: Parky stays Sun May 20 2018, 15:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Any manager can only play the cards they have in their hand.

All managers have constraints put on them from a greater to a lesser extent as to what happens off the pitch directly effects what happens on it.

There are quite simply many things we don't know, not least of which is how much say does Parkinson have in the players we sign - and what strings are attached (for instance do loan players contracts include a certain minimum of appearances - maybe that is why we saw so much of Flanagan and nothing of Little for a spell - or do players contracts include a bonus payment after a set number of appearances - we know Wheaters did (£50,000) - maybe Ken could not afford a further £150k/£200k if a further 3 or 4 first teamers trigger their bonuses too?).

Clearly even a blind man could see that our centre defenders were unable to cope in this division without a defensive midfield blanket in front of them - 2 points out of the first 11 games is evidence of that, until Henry reached match fitness.  From then on we had to play catch up with every other team in the division with a quarter of the season already gone and having to play seven defensive players (two defensive mids, back four plus keeper) - so how exactly do we achieve a crowd pleasing Klopp type all out attack with just four players, one of whom being Gary Madine?

Well remarkably Parkinson achieved the results although it wasn't pretty football.  We even sold Madine (without a direct replacement for him) and still Parkinson kept us catching up and even passing other clubs in our rise from the bottom.

With eight games to go we were just about safe when the wheels came off again - I've said above and several times before what I think happened - behind the scenes issues preventing certain players to be available for first team selection - and thus resulting in some weird team selections in the those games such as the Dervite recall.

Take away the first 11 games when for whatever reason we had no defensive midfielders in front of the clearly not good enough Wheater and Beevers - and achieved just 2 points - and the last 8 games when I strongly believe issues off the pitch directly effected player availability - and were we picked up just 4 points (19 games, 6 points) and compare that to the 27 games, 37 points were Parkinson had the team free from off field issues (and easily the stats of a mid-table Championship club).

There's a massive difference.

And that's why the Anderson's have kept him despite balloons like Martin demanding him to be sacked every five minutes.

More conspiracy theories sluffy. Are you going to present proof or are you just one of those "balloons" you like to call people?

But, as always, the telling question is this: how many games did you attend?

22Parky stays - Page 2 Empty Re: Parky stays Sun May 20 2018, 15:09

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:Good post Sluffy stop talking sense people don't like it lol.

Your "sense" is another man's made up bullshit.

There is absolutely no proof anything went on behind the scenes.

23Parky stays - Page 2 Empty Re: Parky stays Sun May 20 2018, 15:19

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wessy wrote:Good post Sluffy stop talking sense people don't like it lol.

Your "sense" is another man's made up bullshit.

There is absolutely no proof anything went on behind the scenes.

I must have dreamt the embargo and all the restrictions that went with it then.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

24Parky stays - Page 2 Empty Re: Parky stays Sun May 20 2018, 15:31

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Sluffy wrote:Any manager can only play the cards they have in their hand.

All managers have constraints put on them from a greater to a lesser extent as to what happens off the pitch directly effects what happens on it.

There are quite simply many things we don't know, not least of which is how much say does Parkinson have in the players we sign - and what strings are attached (for instance do loan players contracts include a certain minimum of appearances - maybe that is why we saw so much of Flanagan and nothing of Little for a spell - or do players contracts include a bonus payment after a set number of appearances - we know Wheaters did (£50,000) - maybe Ken could not afford a further £150k/£200k if a further 3 or 4 first teamers trigger their bonuses too?).

Clearly even a blind man could see that our centre defenders were unable to cope in this division without a defensive midfield blanket in front of them - 2 points out of the first 11 games is evidence of that, until Henry reached match fitness.  From then on we had to play catch up with every other team in the division with a quarter of the season already gone and having to play seven defensive players (two defensive mids, back four plus keeper) - so how exactly do we achieve a crowd pleasing Klopp type all out attack with just four players, one of whom being Gary Madine?

Well remarkably Parkinson achieved the results although it wasn't pretty football.  We even sold Madine (without a direct replacement for him) and still Parkinson kept us catching up and even passing other clubs in our rise from the bottom.

With eight games to go we were just about safe when the wheels came off again - I've said above and several times before what I think happened - behind the scenes issues preventing certain players to be available for first team selection - and thus resulting in some weird team selections in the those games such as the Dervite recall.

Take away the first 11 games when for whatever reason we had no defensive midfielders in front of the clearly not good enough Wheater and Beevers - and achieved just 2 points - and the last 8 games when I strongly believe issues off the pitch directly effected player availability - and were we picked up just 4 points (19 games, 6 points) and compare that to the 27 games, 37 points were Parkinson had the team free from off field issues (and easily the stats of a mid-table Championship club).

There's a massive difference.

And that's why the Anderson's have kept him despite balloons like Martin demanding him to be sacked every five minutes.

More conspiracy theories sluffy. Are you going to present proof or are you just one of those "balloons" you like to call people?

But, as always, the telling question is this: how many games did you attend?

As many times as 'Natasha Whittam' has.

Parkinson obtained 37 points from 27 games - that's a fact for you.

The first 9 games of the season we were under an embargo - there's another fact for you.

I've dealt with 36 games of the season right there - 38 if you allow the 2 extra games (games 10 and 11 of the season) that Henry obviously needed to get up to game fitness and settle in the team.

If you think the remaining 8 games of the season were entirely normal (we know for certain Wheater received a £50,000 bonus for triggering a clause in his contract) then that's your opinion. Mine is that it is more likely that other players had bonus clauses in their contracts and the club didn't have money to honour them all - hence playing Dervite and other seemingly random selections.

25Parky stays - Page 2 Empty Re: Parky stays Sun May 20 2018, 15:59

Tungsten3

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

What i think we can all agree on is that next season is going to be a struggle on this budget even if we can replace madine.

My hope or most positive prediction is that we are not involved in the last game relegation fight.

Worst prediction is of course that we dont or cant replace madine and henry and the rest are a year older and we are bottom.

I think both of those scenarios are quite possible.

26Parky stays - Page 2 Empty Re: Parky stays Sun May 20 2018, 18:00

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Well he's now being linked to Sunderland job, please take it and fuck off.

27Parky stays - Page 2 Empty Re: Parky stays Sun May 20 2018, 19:10

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

If we can't get better players in it then it won't matter who the manager is as we will be in the same boat. Another manager might do a better job but there are many that would have done far worse. Give the guy some money to improve the squad and if he stuffs if up then he will be down the road but would have had a fair crack at it.

28Parky stays - Page 2 Empty Re: Parky stays Sun May 20 2018, 19:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why risk giving him money? Most of his signings have been poor in my opinion.

We seem to think money is the answer to everything, whatever happened to a manager improving the players he has?

How many players have improved since Parky took over?

29Parky stays - Page 2 Empty Re: Parky stays Sun May 20 2018, 19:28

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Gary Madine was the only one I seem to recall.

30Parky stays - Page 2 Empty Re: Parky stays Sun May 20 2018, 19:34

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Antonee Robinson, Ben Alnwick also improves massively under parky

31Parky stays - Page 2 Empty Re: Parky stays Sun May 20 2018, 19:36

MartinBWFC wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Gary Madine was the only one I seem to recall.

Wheater and Pratley, for sure. Vela had his beat season for us last year (beginning to look as if League One may be his level though). Cant think of many others who played before and after relegation to be honest.

32Parky stays - Page 2 Empty Re: Parky stays Sun May 20 2018, 19:36

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Robinson isn't our player. I'll give you Alnwick though.

33Parky stays - Page 2 Empty Re: Parky stays Sun May 20 2018, 19:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:Wheater and Pratley, for sure. Vela had his beat season for us last year (beginning to look as if League One may be his level though). Cant think of many others who played before and after relegation to be honest.

Are you taking the piss? I'd say Vela has gotten worse under Parky.

34Parky stays - Page 2 Empty Re: Parky stays Sun May 20 2018, 19:45

Thoughts on Wheater and Pratley?

Vela wise, i said last season was his best for us - do you not agree? He had a very poor end to this season, but made a big difference when he came back from injury earlier in the season.

35Parky stays - Page 2 Empty Re: Parky stays Sun May 20 2018, 20:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:Thoughts on Wheater and Pratley?

Vela wise, i said last season was his best for us - do you not agree? He had a very poor end to this season, but made a big difference when he came back from injury earlier in the season.

Wheater has always been the same for me...adequate.

Again, Pratley is nothing more than adequate, I certainly don't think he's been any better under Parky than other managers.

36Parky stays - Page 2 Empty Re: Parky stays Sun May 20 2018, 20:17

I’d agree neither are world beaters - adequate is a fair description of their quality. But in terms of consistency and ‘putting a shit in’ (for want of a better phrase), both have shown more of those under Parky than they did for Lennon or Freedman.

Let me flip the question and ask which players have got worse under PP?

37Parky stays - Page 2 Empty Re: Parky stays Sun May 20 2018, 22:36

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:I’d agree neither are world beaters - adequate is a fair description of their quality. But in terms of consistency and ‘putting a shit in’ (for want of a better phrase), both have shown more of those under Parky than they did for Lennon or Freedman.

Let me flip the question and ask which players have got worse under PP?
No one puts a bigger shit in than Will Buckley.

38Parky stays - Page 2 Empty Re: Parky stays Mon May 21 2018, 08:35

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Pratley would be adequate if he was in the WWE but as a footballer he is appalling. 
Vela has been poor in general this season as well, he started at the no10 role but never really looked like he took to it this season. Yes he had injuries but i would like to see him further back in midfield where i think he looks a better player.
Wheater is a solid player who has been made to look worse as Beevers was poor this season. League 1 may be his level, get a younger and pacier player to play alongside Wheater and we will look better.

39Parky stays - Page 2 Empty Re: Parky stays Tue May 22 2018, 15:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Pratley was bought to be the midfield engine room, a box to box player who could put in the miles and break up attacks, but now he's lost a bit of pace he is late into the tackle far too many times hence his disciplinary record over the last couple of seasons. Given his age, we could do worse than spending a few quid on a younger midfielder who can handle the required work rate for that job.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum