Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Time for Anderson to deliver

+18
luckyPeterpiper
Nigelbwfc
rammywhite
MartinBWFC
DEANO82
Boggersbelief
boltonbonce
Norpig
Kane57
finlaymcdanger
Leeds_Trotter
Growler
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
Sluffy
observer
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 9]

21Time for Anderson to deliver - Page 2 Empty Re: Time for Anderson to deliver Mon Jul 16 2018, 23:35

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I saw LA's original tweet and for what it is worth I agreed with it.

He simply replied to this tweet from Iles - The @PFA has confirmed a meeting will take place tomorrow (Tuesday) with #BWFC chairman/owner Ken Anderson to address recent pay issues. Fingers crossed it'll be sorted swiftly and we can power on...

...with the word "we".

I read that as LA being gobsmacked that Iles - who basically caused this public firestorm by publishing the players statement to strike - and thus brought in the EFL and PFA knocking on the clubs door - instead of telling the stupid over paid millionaires to get their own union to announce it - which of course they couldn't because it was illegal, unauthorised and completely unsanctioned by them!

Without the players announcement of their strike being made public the whole matter could (and should) have been resolved behind closed doors and not fucking up the desperate player recruitment in the few weeks left before the window shuts.

With friends such as the idiot Iles, who needs enemies?

So it does seem a bit rich to me (and obviously LA) that Iles identifies so strongly with the club going forward considering how fucking close he's just come to ruining the whole season before a single ball as been kicked.

I'm sure I'm not the only one to notice that apart from the Polish fullback not one other player the club as been linked to being signed in the last 10 days since the unofficial strike, even though prior to then we had resigned four player and brought in a further three and was being closely linked to the likes of Stephen Ireland, Teixeira, Lee, and several others - even though we need 7 others as per Parkinson's quote and there being (at that point) only three weeks to the start of the season.

There might have been wrongs on both sides between the owners and the players but the real damage to the club was Iles moronically letting the cat out of the bag to the world, when the idiot didn't even check to see if the strike action was legal before he rushed to print!

So yes, I for one can completely understand why he replied 'we' to Iles.

As for Holden, he clearly tweeted to support his mates and Iles and clearly should have more sense to get involved in something he doesn't know about.  Or maybe he should offer to pay the outstanding bonuses to the players from the millions we paid him whilst he was injured all the time time.

Maybe any Holden fans should check out how many games he actually played for us and divide that into the millions of pounds we paid him whilst he was here to see whether he was truly value for money for us.

22Time for Anderson to deliver - Page 2 Empty Re: Time for Anderson to deliver Mon Jul 16 2018, 23:39

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:
Sluffy wrote:Tweet from Iles earlier this afternoon -

The @PFA has confirmed a meeting will take place tomorrow 2.00pm (Tuesday) with #BWFC chairman/owner Ken Anderson to address recent pay issues. Fingers crossed it'll be sorted swiftly and we can power on...
As i'm a bit late to all this, I thought the issue was about Ben Amos not receiving a bonus?

Are there any other players missing part of their wages?

Where the fuck have you been?

Hope all is well, karly.

23Time for Anderson to deliver - Page 2 Empty Re: Time for Anderson to deliver Mon Jul 16 2018, 23:45

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:
karlypants wrote:
Sluffy wrote:Tweet from Iles earlier this afternoon -

The @PFA has confirmed a meeting will take place tomorrow 2.00pm (Tuesday) with #BWFC chairman/owner Ken Anderson to address recent pay issues. Fingers crossed it'll be sorted swiftly and we can power on...
As i'm a bit late to all this, I thought the issue was about Ben Amos not receiving a bonus?

Are there any other players missing part of their wages?

Where the fuck have you been?

Hope all is well, karly.
I’m ok now thanks mate. I’ve put info in Nats where’s KP thread. 

I’m just glad to be back. Smile

24Time for Anderson to deliver - Page 2 Empty Re: Time for Anderson to deliver Tue Jul 17 2018, 06:08

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I can't think of any Bolton team in the modern era where one man was as crucial to its success as Stuart Holden. We collapsed from 6th place in the table to relegation fodder  the moment Holden was injured.

But because he told Lee off on Twitter he was now a waste of money.Crazy

25Time for Anderson to deliver - Page 2 Empty Re: Time for Anderson to deliver Tue Jul 17 2018, 07:36

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

He should deliver us the gift of getting his lad the fuck off Twitter

26Time for Anderson to deliver - Page 2 Empty Re: Time for Anderson to deliver Tue Jul 17 2018, 08:37

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Growler wrote:I can't think of any Bolton team in the modern era where one man was as crucial to its success as Stuart Holden. We collapsed from 6th place in the table to relegation fodder  the moment Holden was injured.

But because he told Lee off on Twitter he was now a waste of money.Crazy

Holden played just 30 league games for us in four years in which he earned £4 million (or an average of just 7.5 league games per season at £135,000 per game).

For comparison Mark (sicknote) Davies averaged 23 games a season with us (184 league appearances in 8 seasons).

As for why we plunged down the Premier league and eventually out of it - don't you think Coyle's utter managerial incompetence might have more to do with it?

I do.

27Time for Anderson to deliver - Page 2 Empty Re: Time for Anderson to deliver Tue Jul 17 2018, 08:38

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bit harsh on Holden Sluffy, he obviously still cares about the club and is entitled to his opinion same as everyone else.

28Time for Anderson to deliver - Page 2 Empty Re: Time for Anderson to deliver Tue Jul 17 2018, 09:02

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:Bit harsh on Holden Sluffy, he obviously still cares about the club and is entitled to his opinion same as everyone else.

Which is the harsh part that I've said exactly?

The bit about the facts about his appearances?

The point that he was backing up Iles / his mates?

That he knows nothing personally about the Anderson's or the players issue with them?

That if he wanted to stick his beak in then he might as well pay the club back some of the millions he earned from it whilst he was injured for over three quarters of the time he spent with it?

All seems like fair comment to my way of thinking.

29Time for Anderson to deliver - Page 2 Empty Re: Time for Anderson to deliver Tue Jul 17 2018, 09:07

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Didn’t USA pay his wages for a while?

30Time for Anderson to deliver - Page 2 Empty Re: Time for Anderson to deliver Tue Jul 17 2018, 10:15

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy it was hardly his fault he got injured (we have that dirty bastard Jonnny Evans to thank for that). True he may not know anything personally about the issues but neither do you. Doesn't stop you pontificating on it though does it?

31Time for Anderson to deliver - Page 2 Empty Re: Time for Anderson to deliver Tue Jul 17 2018, 10:40

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy you massive gobshite, comparing Holden to Mavies is a fucking insult.

Holden was a fantastic player, I would suggest he had the potential to go on and be world class, he really was brilliant. His career was ruined by one "tackle".

On the other hand, Mavies contributed fuck all to BWFC and picked up injuries like they were Haribo sweets.

32Time for Anderson to deliver - Page 2 Empty Re: Time for Anderson to deliver Tue Jul 17 2018, 11:25

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
karlypants wrote:
BoltonTillIDie wrote:Bonuses apparantly
So it's everyone's bonus then and not just Ben Amos?

I read a statement the other day where Anderson said it was just him?

Iles broke the news saying that wages and bonuses had not been paid but it turned out that all wages had been paid apart from Amos (for June only) and that although bonuses where not paid on time they were apparently going to be paid in on the Friday whereas the players wanted in the bank so they could withdraw it out on the Friday and said they would strike if they didn't get their way. (And you know what the players thought how? Evidence please)

Anderson apparently didn't take too well to the threat (what threat? made by whom, when and how? show us the evidence) and must have called their bluff (must have? is that speculation or fact?) (presumably knowing that they couldn't officially call a strike in the time between them indicating they would initial strike action and actually do so) but the players went on strike anyway, and told Iles to print their statement to the world (what evidence is there that the players told a journalist what to print?) instead of dealing with the issues in-house.

As a consequence it seems to have fucked up any incoming signings (apart from a Polish fullback) for now - not the smartest move with the transfer deadline window about to shut in about two weeks. (so your blaming poor recruitment on the players who didn't breach their contracts and not Anderson who did?? And then implying they're dumb?)

As a consequence of the players unofficial strike action (just to keep it tidy, show us the evidence that the strike was a) unofficial - and b) that the players have no right to strike without it being "official") it has dragged in their union (the PFA) and the EFL (the ones that give out embargos).  I can say it was a direct result of the high profile strike simply because neither of them were knocking on Anderson's door before they went on unofficial strike and having Iles telling the world that they were! Yes you can say that, but it's both unfair and misleading as the problem was Anderson not knocking on the players' door to forewarn them that he was about to breach contract in the first place - unless you can provide the evidence to show that Anderson acted properly)

Stupid unnecessary action by the players (evidence?) that could potentially ruin our whole season - which could have easily been dealt with and resolved behind closed doors. (the evidence is that ANDERSON broke contract, not the players so if resolving it "behind closed doors" is so important, show us the evidence that Anderson established a dialogue with the players before, during and after his breach of contract. It was in his court to forewarn the players that he would not be paying them)

They might be millionaires but they certainly aren't the brightest!

(Bit like you really. Difference is they don't claim to be)
I know you are full of shit Sluffy, but now it seems you are resorting to lies and hearsay in order to shift the responsibility away from Anderson whereas previously you just twisted words and interpretations to create an argument. Hoping I'm wrong but I have to call you out this time so just to give you the opportunity to prove you are not the total bullshitter I think you are, please provide the factual evidence for the highlighted claims you make above  or STFU and stop trying to lecture people about what you imagine the truth looks like.

I appreciate that you may have once been an office junior on a big contract (although with your appalling verbal reasoning skills and inability to spell common words in the English language I'm not sure how you held down that gig for long) but it doesn't give you the right to pontificate on the basis of hearsay or "how you'd like the world to be".

Evidence now or shut it.

33Time for Anderson to deliver - Page 2 Empty Re: Time for Anderson to deliver Tue Jul 17 2018, 11:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Evidence now or shut it.

Fook me, there's going to be a 100,000 word retort.

34Time for Anderson to deliver - Page 2 Empty Re: Time for Anderson to deliver Tue Jul 17 2018, 12:02

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Let me know when he's finished.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

35Time for Anderson to deliver - Page 2 Empty Re: Time for Anderson to deliver Tue Jul 17 2018, 12:08

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I won’t have a bad word said about Holden

36Time for Anderson to deliver - Page 2 Empty Re: Time for Anderson to deliver Tue Jul 17 2018, 12:08

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Shots Fired

::bigmachinegun:: :shootinggun:

37Time for Anderson to deliver - Page 2 Empty Re: Time for Anderson to deliver Tue Jul 17 2018, 12:25

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Let me know when he's finished.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
"But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother "[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (fool)" shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire." 

38Time for Anderson to deliver - Page 2 Empty Re: Time for Anderson to deliver Tue Jul 17 2018, 13:50

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Meeting starts at 2PM

39Time for Anderson to deliver - Page 2 Empty Re: Time for Anderson to deliver Tue Jul 17 2018, 14:26

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Meeting starts at 2PM

Time does sluffys response end?

40Time for Anderson to deliver - Page 2 Empty Re: Time for Anderson to deliver Tue Jul 17 2018, 15:06

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

3:05pm... Do we still have a club (with players)?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum