Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer rumours !

+30
Bollotom2014
WanderersStationSimon
finlaymcdanger
NickFazer
gloswhite
Maurice Greene
bryan458
wessy
rammywhite
Growler
Keegan
Kane57
Leeds_Trotter
y2johnny
karlypants
xmiles
Nigelbwfc
Dunkels King
Natasha Whittam
DEANO82
observer
BoltonTillIDie
Cajunboy
boltonbonce
Norpig
MartinBWFC
Boggersbelief
Sluffy
luckyPeterpiper
wanderlust
34 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 44 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 38 of 50]

751Transfer rumours ! - Page 39 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Aug 28 2018, 13:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

About this Madine thing - is it being suggested that somebody would have paid £14 million if he'd been sold at a different time? If so, that's ridiculous. We only just about managed to scrape the money we got because Cardiff were absolutely desperate to consolidate their promotion push and they have more money than sense.

As regards getting a striker in, Anderson has got away with spending a mere £200k in the transfer window so we're still short of the quality we would need in the midfield to justify playing two strikers at the same time other than in "desperate, we need a goal" emergencies like Forest last season. Accordingly I can't see us getting another out and out striker other than to act as cover for Magennis. An attack minded number 10 could work though and Forestieri can do that. And I have faith in Boggers.

752Transfer rumours ! - Page 39 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Aug 28 2018, 13:39

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:About this Madine thing - is it being suggested that somebody would have paid £14 million if he'd been sold at a different time? If so, that's ridiculous. We only just about managed to scrape the money we got because Cardiff were absolutely desperate to consolidate their promotion push and they have more money than sense.

As regards getting a striker in, Anderson has got away with spending a mere £200k in the transfer window so we're still short of the quality we would need in the midfield to justify playing two strikers at the same time other than in "desperate, we need a goal" emergencies like Forest last season. Accordingly I can't see us getting another out and out striker other than to act as cover for Magennis. An attack minded number 10 could work though and Forestieri can do that. And I have faith in Boggers.
Lusty... I assume this has to do with my post that we sold Cahill in January and took half of what he was worth... especially when he could have left on a free in July.  Nigel then took that and mentioned Madine... which has nothing to do with the post.  The point I was trying to make was to get full value and sell on with a year remaining, since there is rapid depreciation as we head to the end of one's contract... in this case, Vela (assuming he does not want to re-sign with the club).  I went on to say that KA has business acumen, and won't let the clock run down on any player who does not want to stay with the club.

753Transfer rumours ! - Page 39 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Aug 28 2018, 13:41

Why would Forestieri be coming here? 

Don’t think a 10 is priority, when we have Vela and Oztumer.

754Transfer rumours ! - Page 39 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Aug 28 2018, 14:01

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

observer wrote:
wanderlust wrote:About this Madine thing - is it being suggested that somebody would have paid £14 million if he'd been sold at a different time? If so, that's ridiculous. We only just about managed to scrape the money we got because Cardiff were absolutely desperate to consolidate their promotion push and they have more money than sense.

Lusty... I assume this has to do with my post that we sold Cahill in January and took half of what he was worth... especially when he could have left on a free in July.  Nigel then took that and mentioned Madine... which has nothing to do with the post.  The point I was trying to make was to get full value and sell on with a year remaining, since there is rapid depreciation as we head to the end of one's contract... in this case, Vela (assuming he does not want to re-sign with the club).  I went on to say that KA has business acumen, and won't let the clock run down on any player who does not want to stay with the club.
Cahill I agree with, Madine no chance so thanks for clarifying.

755Transfer rumours ! - Page 39 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Aug 28 2018, 14:01

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:Why would Forestieri be coming here? 

Don’t think a 10 is priority, when we have Vela and Oztumer.
Because Boggers said it was nailed on?

756Transfer rumours ! - Page 39 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Aug 28 2018, 14:01

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Rangers in for Beevers again apparently.

757Transfer rumours ! - Page 39 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Aug 28 2018, 14:05

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:Rangers in for Beevers again apparently.
Source?

758Transfer rumours ! - Page 39 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Aug 28 2018, 14:28

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Rangers in for Beevers again apparently.
Source?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and same source quoted in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Probably bollocks but this is a rumours thread.

759Transfer rumours ! - Page 39 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Aug 28 2018, 14:31

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and same source quoted in [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Fair enough hope it's true, less hoof ob show.

760Transfer rumours ! - Page 39 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Aug 28 2018, 21:49

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

MartinBWFC wrote:

How do we replace him? We can't even replace Alf

761Transfer rumours ! - Page 39 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Aug 29 2018, 08:58

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Nigelbwfc wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:

How do we replace him? We can't even replace Alf

Three days to go and still no striker. We're doomed!!

762Transfer rumours ! - Page 39 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Aug 29 2018, 09:00

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

...although [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] suggests he's off to Portsmouth.

763Transfer rumours ! - Page 39 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Aug 29 2018, 09:14

Need a striker, getting silly now.

764Transfer rumours ! - Page 39 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Aug 29 2018, 09:21

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yep.

765Transfer rumours ! - Page 39 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Aug 29 2018, 09:32

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Seem intent on getting another winger though - there was one on trial for the U23s last night even though he only got 5 minutes and wasn't very good.

766Transfer rumours ! - Page 39 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Aug 29 2018, 09:47

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Seem intent on getting another winger though - there was one on trial for the U23s last night even though he only got 5 minutes and wasn't very good.

Did you fly up for the game?

767Transfer rumours ! - Page 39 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Aug 29 2018, 10:02

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Heard a rumour that we're looking at a guy called Ivan Gettin who plays for Pistov in the Russian league.

768Transfer rumours ! - Page 39 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Aug 29 2018, 10:19

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't worry big Victor is due to sign and will come in and bag 30 goals this season  Very Happy

769Transfer rumours ! - Page 39 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Aug 29 2018, 11:03

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:Heard a rumour that we're looking at a guy called Ivan Gettin who plays for Pistov in the Russian league.
Right. Thought he might have been a striker we'd Gettin, but now he's Pistov?

770Transfer rumours ! - Page 39 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Aug 29 2018, 11:42

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Seem intent on getting another winger though - there was one on trial for the U23s last night even though he only got 5 minutes and wasn't very good.

Did you fly up for the game?
No - I have spies for that. I was in the pub watching Wimbledon v West Ham with one of the original Wimbledon shareholders who put in £250 to get the club going rather than go to MK. It's still owned by the ST and they have climbed 10 divisions since holding open trials to put their first team together.
Actually spat my beer out when their CB was sent off after 18 minutes and Liam Trotter moved into the back four for the rest of the game.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 38 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 44 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum