Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ken Anderson - update.

+31
Sluffy
finlaymcdanger
wanderlust
Ososhot7
RustyNail
Reebok Trotter
xmiles
whatsgoingon
rammywhite
maconman
Hipster_Nebula
Ten Bobsworth
bryan458
terenceanne
Dunkels King
Travelodge
Keegan
Cajunboy
Kane57
DEANO82
Leeds_Trotter
BoltonTillIDie
Norpig
Boggersbelief
observer
boltonbonce
Nigelbwfc
y2johnny
Growler
Natasha Whittam
luckyPeterpiper
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 34 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 19 of 50]

361Ken Anderson - update. - Page 19 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Nov 30 2018, 12:10

Players held a meeting today over whether to strike ahead of tomorrow’s game over not being paid.

362Ken Anderson - update. - Page 19 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Nov 30 2018, 12:12

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:Players held a meeting today over whether to strike ahead of tomorrow’s game over not being paid.

I hope they do, then I can watch Chorley.

363Ken Anderson - update. - Page 19 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Nov 30 2018, 12:23

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

T.R.O.Y wrote:Players held a meeting today over whether to strike ahead of tomorrow’s game over not being paid.
I can't see them not turning out for a league match.Whether they will give 100% is another matter.

364Ken Anderson - update. - Page 19 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Nov 30 2018, 12:47

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Growler wrote:I can't see them not turning out for a league match.Whether they will give 100% is another matter.
They only give 50% when they are getting paid.

365Ken Anderson - update. - Page 19 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Nov 30 2018, 13:04

Playing Saturday striking Sunday. All players and staff. No payment and no due date given either.

366Ken Anderson - update. - Page 19 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Nov 30 2018, 13:23

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:Playing Saturday striking Sunday. All players and staff. No payment and no due date given either.

Is Boggers your source?

367Ken Anderson - update. - Page 19 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Nov 30 2018, 13:24

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:Playing Saturday striking Sunday. All players and staff. No payment and no due date given either.

ALL staff being paid today (as usual).

Players probably going to be paid Monday.

Iles tweets -

Staff at #bwfc have now been informed that ALL wages will be paid by the close of business. Unclear whether that applies to the players as well.

Reply to tweet -

So
Everyone has been paid on the day they were supposed to be paid?
Can someone let Reuters know they're missing the story of the month?
Next breaking news: Saturday immediately followed by Sunday.

Iles in a strop -

Well actually, smart arse, coaching staff and players have NOT been paid today. Glad for the admin and hotel employees but not exactly a cause to jump for joy ahead of a big game...

Senior players will have a conference call with owner Ken Anderson this afternoon seeking answers on ongoing financial issues at the club

368Ken Anderson - update. - Page 19 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Nov 30 2018, 13:47

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:

Glad for the admin and hotel employees but not exactly a cause to jump for joy ahead of a big game...

Can't disagree with Marc Iles on that but would someone please explain to some of his following that it has not been the responsibility of company owners to pay the company's debts out of their own pockets (or their wife's purses) since Lord Palmerston was first Prime Minister.

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Fri Nov 30 2018, 15:06; edited 1 time in total

369Ken Anderson - update. - Page 19 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Nov 30 2018, 14:01

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dear BWFCST member.

We have today sent an open letter to the owner registering our grave concerns relating to the obvious ongoing financial distress at BWFC. In the letter we ask him to find either a new owner or new investment as a matter of urgency and to remove any barriers which he has placed in the way of moving either of these options forward.

The situation that arose yesterday regarding yet more potential late payment of wages, this time affecting both general club staff as well as players, is surely unacceptable?

It has been demonstrated by the owner that his company, Inner Circle Investments, is not capable of securing such funds, with his reports of lack of progress with the two prospective buyers making no progress.

Excuses from the owner as reported today about being let down with proof of funding from two potential buyers recommended by a "top Premier League fixer" now ring very hollow and must, surely, be viewed as unacceptable.

We will keep you informed of any response received.

The letter can be viewed in full [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

BWFCST Board
30 November 2018                       

370Ken Anderson - update. - Page 19 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Nov 30 2018, 14:51

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't think KA will be too impressed with that but the question does need to be asked. Why do all these potential bids fall through? Is it really lack of funds or to do with him personally?

371Ken Anderson - update. - Page 19 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Nov 30 2018, 15:09

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Don't think KA will be too impressed with that but the question does need to be asked. Why do all these potential bids fall through? Is it really lack of funds or to do with him personally?
Not sure Norpig. All our potential investors appear to be of the Michael Knighton variety.

372Ken Anderson - update. - Page 19 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Nov 30 2018, 15:19

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Thing is and it's a huge thing, KA can only meet wages when the DDs from season tickets come in supposedly on Monday, so where do December wages come from? then there's HMRC  in January, not looking good for Ken is it! we will be put into admin in the VERY near future, would that be a disaster? I don't think so.

373Ken Anderson - update. - Page 19 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Nov 30 2018, 15:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That ground swap with Chorley is looking a great option right now.

374Ken Anderson - update. - Page 19 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Nov 30 2018, 15:47

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MartinBWFC wrote:Thing is and it's a huge thing, KA can only meet wages when the DDs from season tickets come in supposedly on Monday, so where do December wages come from? then there's HMRC  in January, not looking good for Ken is it! we will be put into admin in the VERY near future, would that be a disaster? I don't think so.

A number of things there Martin, not least that simply going into Administration doesn't necessarily mean that Anderson will actually lose ownership of the club (if that is what your hope was?).

The main problem that faces most businesses is cash flow and it is more than likely all major debtors (including HMRC) will be catered for even if that means delays in wage payments occasionally.

Bolton only had one home game this month, until Tuesday's game and this more than anything probably had a bearing on why the staff was informed the money might not be there for their wages on time - it wouldn't surprise me if the club (Anderson) had tried to get the DD's for today rather than Monday and got knocked back at the last moment.

We have four home games next month starting tomorrow, so I doubt that the club will be having any issues with creditors or payment of the wages for the rest of this year no matter how many people would wish it on us just so they can bitch about the Anderson's.

For what it is worth I did note one very senior ST Board member liking tweets alluding that Anderson cared fuck all about the club just as long as he was getting plenty money from it for his own personal benefit!

375Ken Anderson - update. - Page 19 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Nov 30 2018, 15:55

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:
A number of things there Martin, not least that simply going into Administration doesn't necessarily mean that Anderson will actually lose ownership of the club (if that is what your hope was?).

The main problem that faces most businesses is cash flow and it is more than likely all major debtors (including HMRC) will be catered for even if that means delays in wage payments occasionally.

Bolton only had one home game this month, until Tuesday's game and this more than anything probably had a bearing on why the staff was informed the money might not be there for their wages on time - it wouldn't surprise me if the club (Anderson) had tried to get the DD's for today rather than Monday and got knocked back at the last moment.

We have four home games next month starting tomorrow, so I doubt that the club will be having any issues with creditors or payment of the wages for the rest of this year no matter how many people would wish it on us just so they can bitch about the Anderson's.

For what it is worth I did note one very senior ST Board member liking tweets alluding that Anderson cared fuck all about the club just as long as he was getting plenty money from it for his own personal benefit!
All well and good Sluffy, but why is it just BWFC that continues on this path, clubs such as Bury, Rochdale and the likes don't seem to have these problems on much lower gates, there's problems galore behind the scenes here and it's all beginning to stench the place out.

376Ken Anderson - update. - Page 19 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Nov 30 2018, 16:09

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MartinBWFC wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

All well and good Sluffy, but why is it just BWFC that continues on this path, clubs such as Bury, Rochdale and the likes don't seem to have these problems on much lower gates, there's problems galore behind the scenes here and it's all beginning to stench the place out.

Ever thought that maybe they do - but they don't have people like Iles and the ST making huge issues about it and putting it into the public domain all the time?

At the end of the day, despite what the likes of Iles is making out - it looks like a pay day for the players (only) may be missed by a couple of days.  Ok it shouldn't be and it does cause some people a nuisance but its happened to me before more than once - and I was working at the time in the public sector and knew that my wages were guaranteed.

The players wages are also guaranteed no matter what - so at the end of the day it might annoy them a bit but they KNOW they will get paid and any costs they incur during the delay will be covered too - and that's why despite everything that nutjobs at the ST and twitter say, players will still continue signing for the club.

If Iles had not tweeted and published an article based on information he clearly had not seen or heard the clubs side first - would we have known about the possible delay in the payment of wages - after all the staff got paid on time anyway as in turned out.

It's been clear to me for a long while that Iles has got his own personal agenda and that most other clubs journalists from their local papers certainly wouldn't be rushing out to wash their dirty laundry in public like Iles constantly does.

Last edited by Sluffy on Fri Nov 30 2018, 16:10; edited 1 time in total

377Ken Anderson - update. - Page 19 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Nov 30 2018, 16:10

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Its hard to work out what KA is doing, if he was just interested in the money he would sell to any old consortium and just disappear, but it's very obvious we can't carry on much longer like this.

378Ken Anderson - update. - Page 19 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Nov 30 2018, 16:13

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Sluffy wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Ever thought that maybe they do - but they don't have people like Iles and the ST making huge issues about it and putting it into the public domain all the time?

At the end of the day, despite what the likes of Iles is making out - it looks like a pay day for the players (only) may be missed by a couple of days.  Ok it shouldn't be and it does cause some people a nuisance but its happened to me before more than once - and I was working at the time in the public sector and knew that my wages were guaranteed.

The players wages are also guaranteed no matter what - so at the end of the day it might annoy them a bit but they KNOW they will get paid and any costs they incur during the delay will be covered too - and that's why despite everything that nutjobs at the ST and twitter say, players will still continue signing for the club.

If Iles had not tweeted and published an article based on information he clearly had not seen or heard the clubs side first - would we have known about the possible delay in the payment of wages - after all the staff got paid on time anyway as in turned out.

It's been clear to me for a long while that Iles has got his own personal agenda and that most other clubs journalists from their local papers certainly wouldn't be rushing out to wash their dirty laundry in public like Iles constantly does.

Tweet just now by Iles -

I understand a small number of senior players spoke to Ken Anderson this afternoon about pay problems and have been assured they will have their November salary by Thursday (December 6).

379Ken Anderson - update. - Page 19 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Nov 30 2018, 16:17

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't personally think Iles has an agenda against KA, it's his job to report on BWFC whether it's good or bad and for me he does that.

380Ken Anderson - update. - Page 19 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Nov 30 2018, 20:05

Iles is doing his job, silly to suggest otherwise really. Let’s face it, this situation isn’t going to change unless we’re sold - which doesn’t seem likely. Guess we have to suck it up, credit Parky for the way he’s handled the situation again. Can’t help but speculate as to the impact this is going to have on the players.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 19 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 34 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum