Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ken Anderson - update.

+31
Sluffy
finlaymcdanger
wanderlust
Ososhot7
RustyNail
Reebok Trotter
xmiles
whatsgoingon
rammywhite
maconman
Hipster_Nebula
Ten Bobsworth
bryan458
terenceanne
Dunkels King
Travelodge
Keegan
Cajunboy
Kane57
DEANO82
Leeds_Trotter
BoltonTillIDie
Norpig
Boggersbelief
observer
boltonbonce
Nigelbwfc
y2johnny
Growler
Natasha Whittam
luckyPeterpiper
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 41 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 32 of 50]

621Ken Anderson - update. - Page 32 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Dec 14 2018, 15:55

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Was Ken expecting to be praised for paying the wages a fortnight late?

622Ken Anderson - update. - Page 32 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Dec 14 2018, 15:57

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:She's recovering well.

Anderson won't mind. He's already got my money, but he's pissed me off now.
If you've already paid for your season ticket the obvious recourse would be to go to the match, sit on your seat and initiate a dirty protest.

If enough people shit on their seats...

623Ken Anderson - update. - Page 32 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Dec 14 2018, 17:11

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Growler wrote:Was Ken expecting to be praised for paying the wages a fortnight late?
Out of his own money, let's not forget.

624Ken Anderson - update. - Page 32 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Dec 14 2018, 17:33

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I see lies in this story.

625Ken Anderson - update. - Page 32 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Dec 14 2018, 17:39

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

MartinBWFC wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

He's allowed to have a difference of opinion with the local paper isn't he?

I'm like Sluffy, I think sometimes Mr Iles crosses the boundaries. Sometimes it's necessary, but this time I'm not sure it has been.

626Ken Anderson - update. - Page 32 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Dec 14 2018, 17:57

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Given the PR nightmare of fucking up the wages you'd think Ken would lie low instead of trying to deflect the story away from his own repeated inadequacies.

What an egomaniac

627Ken Anderson - update. - Page 32 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Dec 14 2018, 17:59

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Kane57 wrote:Given the PR nightmare of fucking up the wages you'd think Ken would lie low instead of trying to deflect the story away from his own repeated inadequacies.

What an egomaniac
New event at our stadium.... KA vs Trump - A one-off battle!

628Ken Anderson - update. - Page 32 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Dec 14 2018, 18:08

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

observer wrote:
Kane57 wrote:Given the PR nightmare of fucking up the wages you'd think Ken would lie low instead of trying to deflect the story away from his own repeated inadequacies.

What an egomaniac
New event at our stadium.... KA vs Trump - A one-off battle!
Well it could get the punters in, and our club is desperate for money. Worth a try. Very Happy

629Ken Anderson - update. - Page 32 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Dec 14 2018, 23:00

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

So Ken's finally lost his rag wth half-truth rabble rousing Iles. Next up will it be Glendenning the BN half-wit that claimed that the money from the sale of Anelka wasn't re-invested or maybe even worse, Citeh-supporting Bonnar?

Meanwhile:

Deano's in the counting house counting out his money
The Trust are in the parlour dreaming bread and honey
Boncey's in the garden suffering with his piles
Now isn't that a dainty dish to please young Marco Iles

630Ken Anderson - update. - Page 32 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Dec 14 2018, 23:34

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:So Ken's finally lost his rag wth half-truth rabble rousing Iles. Next up will it be Glendenning the BN half-wit that claimed that the money from the sale of Anelka wasn't re-invested or maybe even worse, Citeh-supporting Bonnar?

Meanwhile:

The Bonce is really smarting
At Bobsworth's cruel rancour
Despite his piles
Bonce knows the truth
King Ken's a little wanker.

631Ken Anderson - update. - Page 32 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Dec 14 2018, 23:42

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

On Saturday we welcome Leeds United and their supporters across the Pennines to the University of Bolton Stadium for our latest Sky Bet Championship match.
Buoyed by our recent performances at home to Wigan and against Norwich City at Carrow Road, the players will be in confident mood to put in a performance that we hope will be good enough for a result.
The fixtures are coming thick and fast now that festive period is upon us and I know the players will be doing their utmost pick up the points.
With the game being a ‘Roses’ clash, there will be some extra significance to the contest and I’m sure both sets of fans will be in fine voice to ensure that the atmosphere is intense.
This is where the Wanderers fans have a great part to play, and I’m sure you will be reminding our Yorkshire opponents of your Lancastrian pride!
Tickets are still available for Bolton Wanderers supporters and you can buy them online and print at home by clicking here.

It has been well documented the situation the club was in prior to my arrival and consequently the financial burden of this has had a negative effect on the business. It has been my goal to stabilise the club and try to undo these mistakes from the previous regime, and we have made many positive in-roads in this regard.

Ever since I took ownership, I have only ever done what I believe to be in the best interests of the football club and under the financial constraints we inherited, we have had to cut our cloth accordingly. I know that on occasion, I have had to make tough decisions and made some errors, but whatever decisions I have made are with the best and honest intentions. I only want was is best for this great and historic football club.
It is no secret that this club needs investment to take it to the next level and it is my determination to ensure that this happens. However, as we’ve seen at other football clubs, this takes a lot of time and patience to get over the line.

It is with a degree of reluctance that I have made the decision to suspend the Bolton News’ chief football correspondent Marc Iles’ media access privileges at the club with immediate effect.

Over a prolonged period his coverage of the club both in the paper and on his Twitter account have been negative and an increasing number of his articles have been factually incorrect, which in my opinion causes unnecessary alarm to our supporters and certainly does not aid us in our search for new investment.

An official from the club met up with senior representatives from the Bolton News yesterday to outline our position and you can only imagine my disappointment and frustration when Marc published a tweet this morning which we considered to be unprofessional. To paraphrase Marc’s ‘Enough Is Enough’ paraphrase I decided to suspend his club media privileges until we can find a solution that is beneficial to the long term future of the club.
As I have reiterated to them, this stance does not apply to the Bolton News nor its other members of staff who are welcome to undertake their duties.

I fully expected the Bolton News to be supportive of Marc Iles and I accept that they are not answerable to me; however, they have a duty of care to be fair and balanced and factually correct in their reporting which I dont think has been the case over the last few months.

We want to ensure that our working relationship with the Bolton News stays strong and we can work together on all matters relating to Bolton Wanderers Football Club.

I will not be making any further comments on this matter and our focus is now on Saturday's game.

Ken

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

632Ken Anderson - update. - Page 32 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Dec 14 2018, 23:47

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You'll not go far in the poetry competition with that Sluffy. It doesn't scan. Very Happy

633Ken Anderson - update. - Page 32 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Dec 14 2018, 23:54

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

What ever anyone thinks the facts are these.

His boss was contacted to requested that he tone things down.

The following day on his own personal Twitter account he deliberately commented on the clubs financial update (wages HAD been paid) and chose to accompany the tweet with a picture of Scrooge.

Does anybody really think that was done innocently by Iles?

Does anyone think Anderson would have banned him if he had simply wrote his article first and linked to it on twitter without comment?

Seems blatantly obvious he knew what he was doing - sticking two fingers up to Anderson and daring him - and it wouldn't surprise me that a ban was what he was after to play the role of the martyr (and Twitter hero) to his social media following.

Hardly the behaviour of someone impartial and agendaless.

Is it?

634Ken Anderson - update. - Page 32 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sat Dec 15 2018, 00:08

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Sluffy wrote:
It has been well documented the situation the club was in prior to my arrival and consequently the financial burden of this has had a negative effect on the business. It has been my goal to stabilise the club and try to undo these mistakes from the previous regime

Ken

I like that Ken is commenting on the poor state Eddie Davies left the club in.As Ken is a shrewd businessman, It'd be good if he lists some of the worst mistakes made by the previous regime to get a better understanding of their incompetence

635Ken Anderson - update. - Page 32 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sat Dec 15 2018, 00:11

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Growler wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
It has been well documented the situation the club was in prior to my arrival and consequently the financial burden of this has had a negative effect on the business. It has been my goal to stabilise the club and try to undo these mistakes from the previous regime

Ken

I like that Ken is commenting on the poor state Eddie Davies left the club in.As Ken is a shrewd businessman, It'd be good if he lists some of the worst mistakes made by the previous regime to get a better understanding of their incompetence
Agreed. He can do that now EDs not here to defend himself and we can't raid him for a few million.

636Ken Anderson - update. - Page 32 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sat Dec 15 2018, 00:24

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:You'll not go far in the poetry competition with that Sluffy. It doesn't scan. Very Happy

Sorry Bonce.

I know the link had been showed above but I thought I print it out so everyone can see it - and highlight the bit where the club ask the paper to get Iles to wind it in a bit.

I know people have their own views on things but it's pretty clear that Iles did what he did today deliberately with his choice of breaking the news on twitter (rather than the paper and link to it) and accompany it with a picture of Scrooge (obviously we ALL know who that was aimed at) was a clear act of defiance on Iles part.

I don't know if he thought he was bomb proof or something but clearly he had gone out of his way to deliberately stick two fingers up at the club owner which clearly isn't acting in a professional or impartial manner.

Hate Ken or not - but he was put in a position where he was forced to act - which he did.

I've wondered if Iles and the ST really though Anderson was vulnerable these last few weeks and that their 'attacks' could topple him?  If so they badly miscalculated as the club was never going to go in Administration with the cash flow significantly improving for the next few months and the three main creditors (Moonshine, James and Warburton) clearly still happy with how KA is running the business.

Clearly there is a long way to go before we are out of the woods financially but the non payment of players wages in November - after just one home game due to the international break (ok we had the Wigan game receipts to come as well but I don't know how quickly they hit the bank in time for wages payment deadlines?) - with loads of money coming in, in December and January (several home games, third tranche of Season Ticket money, EFL's Sky staged payment) was never a good fight to win.  So if Iles and the ST were indeed choosing a battle to fight they certainly picked the wrong one here.

Iles has been provocative and deliberately so - I can't see how KA could have turned a blind eye to this - if he had Iles would clearly have gone much further at pushing things at the next opportunity he got.

As I say hate Anderson as much as you want but what would you do in his shoes when the local papers club reporter clearly is against you and playing to an audience of his twitter mates, seemingly feeling free of all restraints to keep having a go at you?

It's not as though he (and his management ) wasn't warned in advance.

637Ken Anderson - update. - Page 32 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sat Dec 15 2018, 01:22

Your argument is based on two major assumptions:

1. The clubs creditors are pleased with the way the club is being run - what choice do they have at this moment? What proves their ‘happiness’ exactly?

2. Iles wants to topple the ownership - obviously Iles doesn’t get on with Anderson, but surely he’s free to ask questions given what’s happening at the club. When Ken paid he tweeted ‘good on him’ - you seem to evade that throughout you’re attacks on him.

638Ken Anderson - update. - Page 32 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sat Dec 15 2018, 02:14

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:Your argument is based on two major assumptions:

1. The clubs creditors are pleased with the way the club is being run - what choice do they have at this moment? What proves their ‘happiness’ exactly?

2. Iles wants to topple the ownership - obviously Iles doesn’t get on with Anderson, but surely he’s free to ask questions given what’s happening at the club. When Ken paid he tweeted ‘good on him’ - you seem to evade that throughout you’re attacks on him.

1 They have the ability to call in their loans and force him out if they really wanted to. The fact they haven't up to now shows they are happy for him to carry on.

2 Iles should keep his personal opinions and his articles written for the paper separately, in order at least to be seen in the public eye as being impartial.

Better he said nothing about his 'work' - the club on his personal twitter account.

If he had simply wrote his article, put it on the Bolton News site and left it at that - he wouldn't have had a problem. If he did that, then linked to it on his twitter site - again no problem. If he link to the article on his twitter account and put 'good on him', then in the light of his recent articles and tweets (and the tone of the many tweets I've seen him 'like') then it would come across to many as being more facetious, than being a genuinely meant comment - but again he would still just be on the right side of being ok.

Deliberately he went on his own personal twitter account first, after a meeting between his bosses and the club the previous day in respect of his perceived personal behaviour and attitude towards the club (read Anderson), posted his 'comment' and deliberately attached it to a picture of Scrooge.

Anyone knowing what has been going on for quite some time and which has intensified in the last few weeks, could possibly miss the meaning and what was implied by him doing so.

We all know it wasn't an accident what Iles did.

He's clearly was looking for a confrontation of sorts.

These are not the actions of an impartial news reporter.

It is a simple as that.

The paper should have 'pulled' him before it got to this as they must have known he had an agenda and it had already led to comments by the club about inaccurate and misleading reporting even before the meeting with Iles managers on Thursday.

Iles clearly had become a loose cannon and presumably thought he was somehow bomb proof and had the papers backing to carry on attacking/baiting the club owner with impunity I guess - and clearly that was no longer acceptable to Anderson - and rightly so.

I've been commenting about Iles unprofessional behaviour for ages as you well know.

It's not as though he didn't know what he was doing was it?

639Ken Anderson - update. - Page 32 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sat Dec 15 2018, 09:01

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

MartinBWFC wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Ken says

'I fully expected the Bolton News to be supportive of Marc Iles and I accept that they are not answerable to me; however, they have a duty of care to be fair and balanced and factually correct in their reporting which I dont think has been the case over the last few months'.

Make that the last 15 years (or more) and Ken Anderson might be a bit closer to the truth. ED usually kept quiet but he had reason to describe newspapers as 'a necessary evil' in 2006.

640Ken Anderson - update. - Page 32 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sat Dec 15 2018, 09:05

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
Ten Bobsworth wrote:So Ken's finally lost his rag wth half-truth rabble rousing Iles. Next up will it be Glendenning the BN half-wit that claimed that the money from the sale of Anelka wasn't re-invested or maybe even worse, Citeh-supporting Bonnar?

Meanwhile:

The Bonce is really smarting
At Bobsworth's cruel rancour
Despite his piles
Bonce knows the truth
King Ken's a little wanker.
If your smarting Bonce, ask Nurse Natasha for some ointment. I'm sure she'd oblige

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 32 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 41 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum