Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ken Anderson - update.

+31
Sluffy
finlaymcdanger
wanderlust
Ososhot7
RustyNail
Reebok Trotter
xmiles
whatsgoingon
rammywhite
maconman
Hipster_Nebula
Ten Bobsworth
bryan458
terenceanne
Dunkels King
Travelodge
Keegan
Cajunboy
Kane57
DEANO82
Leeds_Trotter
BoltonTillIDie
Norpig
Boggersbelief
observer
boltonbonce
Nigelbwfc
y2johnny
Growler
Natasha Whittam
luckyPeterpiper
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 48 of 50]

941anderson - Ken Anderson - update. - Page 48 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Feb 20 2019, 11:50

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:
Wrong Martin, there's a diamond in there (maybe a rough diamond though at the moment).

It's basically a non-binding agreement on the main elements of a deal. Usually it means both parties are at the table with a common agreed understanding on the main commercial points. It then needs more detail, due diligence and binding formal contracts to go anywhere.

So there is at least something solid happening apparently.

Cheers for clearing that up, does sound promising the way you put it.

942anderson - Ken Anderson - update. - Page 48 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Feb 20 2019, 12:02

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The joy of NDAs is that whatever happens, nobody can contradict a statement that says "it never happened" as the only rebuff is to state that something happened which would be in contradiction of the NDA - whereas saying nothing happened is not in breach and cannot be questioned unless you want a court case which you could only lose. 
Consequently Anderson can claim that there were no discussions without anyone being able to contradict him.
Anderson could be lying through his teeth about the e.g. Turkish deal, but what can the Turkish guys says about it? They can hardly say or prove that discussions took place without getting sued for it, even if they're right and they have a mountain of evidence.

However I'm past caring about Anderson's control of the narrative - all I want is the club to be sold to a better owner than Anderson and although the finances are pushing him towards a sale, my concern remains that he will agree a sale to the people who will give him the best personal exit deal - who may not be the people who will offer the best deal for the club's future.

943anderson - Ken Anderson - update. - Page 48 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Feb 20 2019, 12:29

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If there is a consortium interested and they have signed this document then why bring up other offers? Is he trying to play them off against each other to get more money for himself?

944anderson - Ken Anderson - update. - Page 48 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Feb 20 2019, 12:37

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

@reluctantnicko

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
More

Alan Nixon Retweeted craig carroll
Davies money is bigger. Tax man is not due to be sorted for a month. So Davies money has to be agreed first and foremost. If that’s done there could be new owners paying tax.

So Nixon saying that the only stumbling block now is the Davies loan, once that's sorted the deal will go through.

945anderson - Ken Anderson - update. - Page 48 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Feb 20 2019, 12:44

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Consortium.

"A group of poor people"

946anderson - Ken Anderson - update. - Page 48 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Feb 20 2019, 12:48

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Consortium.

"A group of poor people"

Surely the EFL would only allow the club to be sold to people with serious money after all the shit this club has been through.

947anderson - Ken Anderson - update. - Page 48 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Feb 20 2019, 12:49

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I don't know why I'm bothering but here goes!

To truly turn the club around will take millions, the players wage bill until the end of the financial season of the club alone is £3 million (£600kpm x 5 months).

In all likelihood we will find ourselves in the league below for the start of next season - and thus with £7 million less revenue than what we get now in the Championship - and still with a full season of wages to pay.  Even if we say the wages would be halved that's still £3.6 million, so even if we get promoted first time, the new owners won't be making much of a profit on that season.

Also how much would they throw in the pot for transfers - say £3 million in the third tier and a further £5 IF we get promoted back first time to the Championship.

Then they would have to keep us up against teams with much bigger spending power than we would have - so that means the big money from getting promoted to the Premier League is way out of their grasp.

So what I'm saying is that either the people wanting to buy us have stupid money to waste on us - like Wanderlust's imaginary Ron Billionaire, or they are here to do a similar job of keeping their heads above the water (and get a return on their investment) just as Anderson has been doing.

I don't believe for one second about the Russians or Turks and have already said that on here previously - so no one, absolutely no one, is going to be fighting each other for the club nor pay Anderson a backhander or whatever it is Wanderlust thinks might happen.

AND I still say - as I have done all along - that the loan against Andersons club ownership as to be resolved first before he can sell the club to anyone!

948anderson - Ken Anderson - update. - Page 48 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Feb 20 2019, 13:07

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:I don't know why I'm bothering but here goes!

To truly turn the club around will take millions, the players wage bill until the end of the financial season of the club alone is £3 million (£600kpm x 5 months).

In all likelihood we will find ourselves in the league below for the start of next season - and thus with £7 million less revenue than what we get now in the Championship - and still with a full season of wages to pay.  Even if we say the wages would be halved that's still £3.6 million, so even if we get promoted first time, the new owners won't be making much of a profit on that season.

Also how much would they throw in the pot for transfers - say £3 million in the third tier and a further £5 IF we get promoted back first time to the Championship.

Then they would have to keep us up against teams with much bigger spending power than we would have - so that means the big money from getting promoted to the Premier League is way out of their grasp.

So what I'm saying is that either the people wanting to buy us have stupid money to waste on us - like Wanderlust's imaginary Ron Billionaire, or they are here to do a similar job of keeping their heads above the water (and get a return on their investment) just as Anderson has been doing.

I don't believe for one second about the Russians or Turks and have already said that on here previously - so no one, absolutely no one, is going to be fighting each other for the club nor pay Anderson a backhander or whatever it is Wanderlust thinks might happen.

AND I still say - as I have done all along - that the loan against Andersons club ownership as to be resolved first before he can sell the club to anyone!

But surely that's you just assuming that this consortium will not have the wherewithal to take the club forward financially, there's absolutely nothing been said or reported to suggest that they don't have a wealthy backer or that it consists of several wealthy people on board, so you are just contradicting yourself about folk assuming.

949anderson - Ken Anderson - update. - Page 48 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Feb 20 2019, 13:21

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MartinBWFC wrote:
Sluffy wrote:I don't know why I'm bothering but here goes!

But surely that's you just assuming that this consortium will not have the wherewithal to take the club forward financially, there's absolutely nothing been said or reported to suggest that they don't have a wealthy backer or that it consists of several wealthy people on board, so you are just contradicting yourself about folk assuming.

We have a wealthy backer - Anderson is a millionaire remember - and it costs too much for his pocket to keep the club going.

Ok, I'll donate £50 to the charity of your choice if this buyer does a deal with Anderson and is wealthy enough to get us into the Premier League within three years because that is the limit of time they have before the Professional Fair Play rules kick in - which basically means they have to balance the books between what they've put into the club and what the club generates in revenue in that time - and the only way they can do that if they are indeed throwing millions at us is by getting to the PL before the three years are up.

950anderson - Ken Anderson - update. - Page 48 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Feb 20 2019, 13:34

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I just want an owner who can run the club properly and not lurch from one crisis to the next. I'll watch BWFC in any division, i just want us to be stable.
If we do by some miracle end up back in the Premiership then that will be great but that's not the be all and end all of football for me.

951anderson - Ken Anderson - update. - Page 48 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Feb 20 2019, 13:41

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Norpig wrote:I just want an owner who can run the club properly and not lurch from one crisis to the next. I'll watch BWFC in any division, i just want us to be stable.
If we do by some miracle end up back in the Premiership then that will be great but that's not the be all and end all of football for me.
I totally agree, but while KA and PP continue to ruin our club I won't put a penny into the club. if and when new owners and management team come in I'll be the first in line for a season ticket for next season.

952anderson - Ken Anderson - update. - Page 48 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Feb 20 2019, 14:07

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anderson is not a wealthy backer haha

953anderson - Ken Anderson - update. - Page 48 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Feb 20 2019, 14:11

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:Anderson is not a wealthy backer haha
His nett worth is £9m so in football terms he's a fucking pauper.

954anderson - Ken Anderson - update. - Page 48 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Feb 20 2019, 14:13

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:Anderson is not a wealthy backer haha
His nett worth is £9m so in football terms he's a fucking pauper.
More than I thought Tbf, makes it even worse that he takes out almost a million a year for him and his retard son

And at the same time choooses to worry the minimum paid workers on a monthly basis

955anderson - Ken Anderson - update. - Page 48 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Feb 20 2019, 14:15

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:I don't know why I'm bothering 
Finally it's unanimous.

956anderson - Ken Anderson - update. - Page 48 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Feb 20 2019, 14:26

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:I don't know why I'm bothering 
Finally it's unanimous.

Yes it certainly is unanimous that we all think we are wasting our time and energy to explain anything to you.

957anderson - Ken Anderson - update. - Page 48 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Feb 20 2019, 14:49

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It’s unanimous that you’re both as bad as each other and can’t seem to help yourselves

958anderson - Ken Anderson - update. - Page 48 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Feb 20 2019, 15:00

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Boggersbelief wrote:It’s unanimous that you’re both as bad as each other and can’t seem to help yourselves

Well there is a difference between the two of us, one believes what you say and that other one most certainly doesn't!

Guess which one I am!

959anderson - Ken Anderson - update. - Page 48 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Feb 20 2019, 15:59

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:It’s unanimous that you’re both as bad as each other and can’t seem to help yourselves

Well there is a difference between the two of us, one believes what you say and that other one most certainly doesn't!

Guess which one I am!

Enough please.  The future will certainly will be decided soon and we will know some of the pieces... though, I suspect not all of the true history (if anyone really knows what is real and what is revisionist).  Let's get together and just root that things turn around and we can win a few matches and stay up again.  Without a good striker for the past year, we dread every week.

960anderson - Ken Anderson - update. - Page 48 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Feb 20 2019, 17:14

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nixon seems to think a sale is imminent.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 48 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum