Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Black Klasnic

+5
Reebok_Rebel
JakeSnake
largehat
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
9 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Black Klasnic Empty The Black Klasnic Wed Aug 22 2012, 16:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've given Sordell two games and have decided he's shite.

He was poor at Burnley, but so was everyone else, so I sort of let it go. But last night he was useless, and even worse, he was bloody lazy. In fact, if he was white he would be Ivan Klasnic.

Now I can put up with lazy bastard forwards if they hit the target when the chance comes along, but in both matches Sordell has missed a sitter. There is no excuse for being so shite in front of goal.

Perhaps the reason Sordell didn't get a kick last season was the fact Coyle realised he'd made a huge mistake. We improved big time last night when Adobe replaced Sordell, I'd definitely pair Adobe and Davies on Friday night.

2The Black Klasnic Empty Re: The Black Klasnic Wed Aug 22 2012, 16:56

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He was, IMO, one of our better players at Burnley.

Didn't see last nights game but from what i've heard, read, the tactics were in the main lump it to KD and most of the flick ons he won were away from Sordell.

3The Black Klasnic Empty Re: The Black Klasnic Wed Aug 22 2012, 16:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Didn't see last nights game but from what i've heard, read, the tactics were in the main lump it to KD and most of the flick ons he won were away from Sordell.

That's not untrue, but there were plenty of times it would have been 50/50 if he'd tried to get there - 90% of the time he didn't move. I find that worrying. To get out of this division we will need workers.

4The Black Klasnic Empty Re: The Black Klasnic Wed Aug 22 2012, 17:06

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:I've given Sordell two games and have decided he's shite.

I have to give Natasha credit, that's a seriously funny opening gambit.

5The Black Klasnic Empty Re: The Black Klasnic Wed Aug 22 2012, 17:15

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

That's not untrue, but there were plenty of times it would have been 50/50 if he'd tried to get there - 90% of the time he didn't move. I find that worrying. To get out of this division we will need workers.

But you weren't at the game.

I think Sordell has loads of upside, and i actually think his hold up play is good. But i definitely don't think he's a "hold up man" so attempting having him "feeding off the scraps" is hardly going to get him 30 goals.

Ngog performed a similar role last season admirably IMO and took abuse for it. At some point you have to look at the tactics and say

"Do the tactics give the players the best chance of succeeding"

and my answer is probably not tbh.

6The Black Klasnic Empty Re: The Black Klasnic Wed Aug 22 2012, 17:23

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

I think Sordell has loads of upside, and i actually think his hold up play is good. But i definitely don't think he's a "hold up man" so attempting having him "feeding off the scraps" is hardly going to get him 30 goals.

Ngog performed a similar role last season admirably IMO and took abuse for it. At some point you have to look at the tactics and say

I was at the game, I even sat with the common folk last night (my Dad).

And once again you excuse not giving 100% effort because the tactics weren't right. When will you understand that every player should chase every ball!

7The Black Klasnic Empty Re: The Black Klasnic Wed Aug 22 2012, 17:35

JakeSnake

David Lee
David Lee

He's had a lack of first team football... And it will take him time... But he is lazy and greedy and Afobe is much much better...

8The Black Klasnic Empty Re: The Black Klasnic Wed Aug 22 2012, 18:02

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

And once again you excuse not giving 100% effort because the tactics weren't right. When will you understand that every player should chase every ball!

I love to see a game played in nat 'tactics' with every player chasing every ball...

I have a vision of sheep running around a field...

interesting concept, but I fear it would end badly for us,..

9The Black Klasnic Empty Re: The Black Klasnic Wed Aug 22 2012, 18:03

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Fair enough you must have posted from the game.

I didn't see it but i won't excuse him not chasing down balls, but good strikers don't play football in the sky I'm afraid. Sordell is no different, if he's going to succeed the ball needs to be on the ground. Simple really.

10The Black Klasnic Empty Re: The Black Klasnic Wed Aug 22 2012, 21:03

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Last night was a difficult game for Sordell. It was all hoofball to KD and the headers he won were rarely into his path, or anybody in a white shirt for that matter. It was only once Derby's defence had got tired and begun to slack that Davies came into his own by which point Sordell had been brought off.

I think if we played a system that suited him, he'd be very good. He has pace and a bit of trickery, albeit not much ball control. He was the best of a bad bunch at Burnley I thought.

11The Black Klasnic Empty Re: The Black Klasnic Wed Aug 22 2012, 21:07

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Blacksnic?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

12The Black Klasnic Empty Re: The Black Klasnic Wed Aug 22 2012, 21:14

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

but you owe everything to your dad

13The Black Klasnic Empty Re: The Black Klasnic Thu Aug 23 2012, 12:34

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Nat quote :-

'When will you understand that every player should chase every ball!'

Cannot agree. Each player has their own strengths and weakness'. Having the ability to run around all day after a lost cause, chasing every ball down does not make you a good player. This is not a get-out for lazy players.

When I first started playing in the school (primary) team, Mr Darwell our teacher always said "Let the ball do the work", something I always remembered. You don't see the great players running around like headless chickens, they let the ball do the work. Going back a bit I know and apologies to the under 50s, but Rodger Hunt is one of the leading goal scores. He was by no means a great player and strolled around as if he had a pipe in his mouth but was very successful.

Please don't get me wrong. Only a very few can make the game look easy. The rest, the type Bolton can afford, have to rely on honest endeavour.

14The Black Klasnic Empty Re: The Black Klasnic Thu Aug 23 2012, 12:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

chipbutty wrote:

Cannot agree. Each player has their own strengths and weakness. Having the ability to run around all day after a lost cause, chasing every ball down does not make you a good player. This is not a get-out for lazy players.

I'm not saying chasing the ball makes you a good player, but it shows a level of commitment that has been missing from BWFC for a long time. It also helps the defence if the opposition is being put under pressure, rather than the current tactic of letting the opposition sit on the ball for 5 minutes before producing the killer pass.

If we're now saying players shouldn't chase the ball I despair for the future of the game.

15The Black Klasnic Empty Re: The Black Klasnic Thu Aug 23 2012, 15:51

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They should "chase the ball" but you have to be savvy.

Elmander was someone who chased every ball and was slagged off for being a "headless chicken" and the "worst signing in our history"

so clearly it doesn't always = fan appreciation.

Strikers should be clever enough to know when it's worth chasing down and when it's not, but the main point remains, instead of just playing the percentages i'd rather we actually tried to pass it to his feet once in a while.

16The Black Klasnic Empty Re: The Black Klasnic Thu Aug 23 2012, 18:21

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

This is spot on, and true for Mark Davies too. KDavies in the team leads to long ball and 442 doesn't compliment a passing game when our centre midfield is non existent for large parts of the game.

17The Black Klasnic Empty Re: The Black Klasnic Thu Aug 23 2012, 18:25

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:KDavies in the team leads to long ball and 442 doesn't compliment a passing game when our centre midfield is non existent for large parts of the game.

When Kevin Davies doesn't play they still kick the ball long to Ngog or whoever is playing.

18The Black Klasnic Empty Re: The Black Klasnic Thu Aug 23 2012, 18:32

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:KDavies in the team leads to long ball and 442 doesn't compliment a passing game when our centre midfield is non existent for large parts of the game.

When Kevin Davies doesn't play they still kick the ball long to Ngog or whoever is playing.

yes but not as often, if it was Afobe and Sordell they'd have to pass it. Even better change formation so theres more support when midfielders get on the ball.

I blame Coyle more than I do our players.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum