Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers could be in administration 'within hours'

+19
DEANO82
Reebok Trotter
gloswhite
GazVickers
MartinBWFC
Cajunboy
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
Sluffy
y2johnny
rammywhite
Norpig
Travelodge
wanderlust
Growler
Boggersbelief
Leeds_Trotter
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 8]

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Watched the update on Granada news and it sounds as if a deal has been struck. I thought Mr Allanson of the Supporters Trust came across okay. refreshing to see him not having a pop at Chairman Ken. It would be a travesty being docked 12 points after our best start to a season since our Premiership date.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How does the death of Eddie Davies impact on the deal?

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

My thoughts too.

This could change things in the future, depending on how he left things with his family.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Just seen the news on ED, awful news and today of all days.

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

boltonbonce wrote:How does the death of Eddie Davies impact on the deal?
Don't think it does or Ken wouldn't have had him bumped off.

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

boltonbonce wrote:How does the death of Eddie Davies impact on the deal?
It's one less person to bail Ken out in the future, which can't be good news for us while we have an owner with no money .

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Well that was a long long bad day, Topped off with the sad news on Eddie Davies, however we live to fight on for what it's worth i am in the pro Anderson ranks, i didn't see loads of investors waiting in line  when KA stepped up, are we in a better position two years on? in my books yes.

Most fans haven't a clue about the state the club was in when he took over and seem to think if he walked someone bigger and better will step in, well maybe but it could go the other way.  So i vote that he stays until he thinks the timing is right and sells to someone who can take us to the next level. 

Don't fully understand how Ken offered to pay the full amount plus interest but was turned down ? but that's the point we don't know the full facts so any view is pure conjecture.

wessy wrote:
Don't fully understand how Ken offered to pay the full amount plus interest but was turned down ? but that's the point we don't know the full facts so any view is pure conjecture.

Disputed by Blue Marble apparently so who knows, but for those who take Ken’s every word as gospel the events of the last 24 hours are an eye opener. Nobody can expect to have a complete understanding of the clubs business through this press statements alone.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:
wessy wrote:

Disputed by Blue Marble apparently so who knows, but for those who take Ken’s every word as gospel the events of the last 24 hours are an eye opener. Nobody can expect to have a complete understanding of the clubs business through this press statements alone.

I don't think anyone takes what KA says as gospel but he certainly as a better idea of what is actually going on than anybody else reporting things and the only insight we have of how the clubs business is being run.

Maybe a little knowledge is a dangerous thing but it's better than having no knowledge at all and simply making things up to fill in the blanks.

At least it does in my opinion.

I don’t think anyone would dispute that.

I’d also say it’s dangerous to create a very strongly held opinion based on limited information and then lambast anyone who disagrees, as we see on Twitter at the moment. It’s unhealthy.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:I don’t think anyone would dispute that.

I’d also say it’s dangerous to create a very strongly held opinion based on limited information and then lambast anyone who disagrees, as we see on Twitter at the moment. It’s unhealthy.

Agreed.

That's exactly why we don't want it on here either, particularly when those opinions are based on nothing more than something that happened THIRTEEN years ago.

I don’t follow.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:I don’t follow.

Some people have set their minds on what Anderson was given a directors ban for in 2005 and clearly thinks he's up to no good here - not only thinks but constantly posts that is why he is here!

However he's been at the club for a couple of years now and even his most sternest critics should by now have accepted that he's turn what was a basket case club totally around has got a number of results both on and off the pitch despite the odds being stack heavily against him.

Credit where credit it is due, but one or two in particular just won't give him any chance whatsoever and would rather the club fail and he be cast out rather than the club prosper under his stewardship.

Give a dog a bad name and never give it another chance. ever, is a moto that some seem to live by unfortunately.

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Amid all the one eyed tributes on social media tonight its refreshing that someone mentions the basket case of a club Eddie Davies left us with.
To gain promotion and avoid relegation without spending any money is an admirable achievement by Ken but I suspect its  more down to luck than judgement.If he carries on being lucky at some point in the future i will accept its judgement.

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Growler wrote:Amid all the one eyed tributes on social media tonight its refreshing that someone mentions the basket case of a club Eddie Davies left us with.
To gain promotion and avoid relegation without spending any money is an admirable achievement by Ken but I suspect its  more down to luck than judgement.If he carries on being lucky at some point in the future i will accept its judgement.
Whilst I tend to agree, to a certain extent I think he was not fully in the loop, and that Gartside had more to do with the state of the club than Eddie who I think just bankrolled us in to the mess.

Sluffy wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:I don’t follow.

Some people have set their minds on what Anderson was given a directors ban for in 2005 and clearly thinks he's up to no good here - not only thinks but constantly posts that is why he is here!

However he's been at the club for a couple of years now and even his most sternest critics should by now have accepted that he's turn what was a basket case club totally around has got a number of results both on and off the pitch despite the odds being stack heavily against him.

Credit where credit it is due, but one or two in particular just won't give him any chance whatsoever and would rather the club fail and he be cast out rather than the club prosper under his stewardship.

Give a dog a bad name and never give it another chance. ever, is a moto that some seem to live by unfortunately.

Think the phrase is; ‘Give a dog a bad name and hang him’, but I see your point.

Ken’s history is certainly a factor worth considering when judging his ability to lead the club, but shouldn’t be the only one.

He’s done a lot of good for the club, I’ve said many times he deserves immense credit - especially for bringing in Parky whose worked miracles to deliver success on the pitch in spite of the goings on above him.

What’s obvious is we need investment, Ken doesn’t have the wealth or the will to cover losses long term and I’m not sure how the club can increase revenue or cut costs any further (without promotion).

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I could almost puke listening to this sycophantic nonsense. If Anderson offered to pay the full amount when it was due BM wouldn't have had a case to take to court. 

Don't you get it? 

If you can grasp the fundamental concept that he is a liar then perhaps you might finally stop hanging on to his every word.

Does any one of you lickspittles actually know what happened yesterday or what was agreed? 

Or understand the fact that an investor would get far more value if we'd gone into administration and Anderson had never arrived in the first place?

Anderson supporters... the word TOADY was made for you...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nixon wrote:Bolton. Anderson was trying to do deals with creditors inc agents yesterday. The kind of thing you do when clearing the decks ahead of finding a buyer.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think a new owner with real money is needed now to take us forward. KA deserves credit for keeping this great club alive and if he's had to duck and dive a bit to achieve it then i can live with it.

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Norpig wrote:I think a new owner with real money is needed now to take us forward. KA deserves credit for keeping this great club alive and if he's had to duck and dive a bit to achieve it then i can live with it.
:clap:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum