Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Player Ratings: Bolton Wanderers 0 Swansea City 1

+3
MartinBWFC
rammywhite
karlypants
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barry McKay's stunner condemned Wanderers to a fourth successive home defeat and gave Swansea their first win on Bolton turf since 1980.

But how did the players fare? Chief football writer Marc Iles gives his verdict.

WANDERERS (4-2-3-1)

BEN ALNWICK… 6 Captain for the day but little he could do about McKay’s thunderbolt. One relatively straightforward save in the first half but a quiet game, in all.

PAWEL OLKOWSKI…5.5 Did recover from a ropey start but generally given a torrid time by James. The Pole put in the best ball of the day in the first half but, alas, few seemed willing to attack it.

JACK HOBBS…6.5 Tidy display again from the former Forest man. Not much came through the middle off Wanderers’ defence on the day.

MARK BEEVERS…6.5 Made one excellent challenge to block a shot from McBurnie. Can generally be considered a decent return to the side for the big defender.

ANDY TAYLOR…6.5 Got forward well, put some good crosses into the box, and defended well enough too. Most of Swansea’s traffic came down the opposite flank.

JASON LOWE…6 Celina’s movement caused early issues across the back line but as the game wore on, Lowe and Co got gradually on top.

JOE WILLIAMS…7 Broke rank to drive forward in the first half and played some fine early balls to pick out Ameobi and Donaldson. Rarely wasted the ball.

SAMMY AMEOBI…6.5 Slow to start but Ameobi started to get into his stride either side of half time. Slowed down, understandably so, but a glimpse of what was to come.

ERHUN OZTUMER…6 Buzzed about midfield and showed some invention on the ball – but still desperately lacking that final product. When it comes, you can see Oztumer really flying.

WILL BUCKLEY…5.5 More of an up and down, paint by numbers afternoon for Buckley, who had only a brief glimpse of goal with a far post header.

CLAYTON DONALDSON…6 Worked hard to find space but found himself isolated at times. His link-up with Ameobi and Oztumer shows some promise.

Subs: Noone 5.5, 67 (for Buckley) – Got involved but wasted a couple of good positions.

Magennis 5, 68 (for Donaldson) – Still wonder why he’s taking long throws?

Doidge 81 (for Taylor) – Had little time to register an effect.

Not used: Vela, Matthews, Grounds, Wheater

Swansea City (4-2-3-1): Mulder; Roberts, van den Hoorn, Rodon, Grimes; Fulton, Fer; McKay, Celina, James; McBurnie.

Subs: Olsson 62 (for McKay), Montero 76 (for James), Bony 80 (for Celina)

Not used: Nordfelt, Carroll, Carter-Vickers, Naughton

Referee: Graham Scott 5/10 - Won't be getting a Christmas card from Phil Parkinson this year.

Attendance: 14,090 (705)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

14090 attendance- my arse!!

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

More like 9000!!

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

rammywhite wrote:14090 attendance- my arse!!
You can say that again.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Rammy trying to beat me to 30,000 posts.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Laughing

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Rammy trying to beat me to 30,000 posts.
What a day that will be.
I hope the powers that be have a suitable celebration lined up.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'd rather just beat you with birch twigs

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:
I'd rather just beat you with birch twigs

Sounds good Rammy. Worth a watch! Very Happy

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

No way were there 14K people in there. At best I'd say ten and more likely those who suggest nine are actually being optimistic.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They always include season tickets whether they are there or not. The lack of crowd even with the offer should send alarm bells ringing for KA, people just wont pay even a tenner to watch dross.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:No way were there 14K people in there. At best I'd say ten and more likely those who suggest nine are actually being optimistic.

There were 10 people in my box.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:No way were there 14K people in there. At best I'd say ten and more likely those who suggest nine are actually being optimistic.

There were 10 people in my box.

Surprised you could fit that many in! Shocked

I guess Jeremy corbin’s one liner fits the bill! ‘For the many not the few!’ Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum