Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-1 Wigan

+13
finlaymcdanger
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
Ten Bobsworth
Growler
rammywhite
karlypants
Norpig
luckyPeterpiper
boltonbonce
observer
Natasha Whittam
MartinBWFC
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Bolton 1-1 Wigan Empty Bolton 1-1 Wigan Wed Nov 28 2018, 20:47

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Big game for Parkinson this one, I do feel we lose this Parkinson gets sacked because it will turn proper toxic, the way Wigan play will outfox Parkinson's one dimensional hoofball.

0-2

2Bolton 1-1 Wigan Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Wed Nov 28 2018, 21:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wigan winning easily tonight.

I can only see a home defeat, with us getting "nil".

3Bolton 1-1 Wigan Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Wed Nov 28 2018, 21:36

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:Wigan winning easily tonight.

I can only see a home defeat, with us getting "nil".
BTW - If that's you, a gorgeous picture.  If it is not you, it is still a gorgeous picture.        Back to football... 2 goals in 9 games... enough said!

4Bolton 1-1 Wigan Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Wed Nov 28 2018, 21:37

Creepy.

5Bolton 1-1 Wigan Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Wed Nov 28 2018, 21:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I feel strongly that it's time for Parky to ditch all the pisspoor wingers and give Little a chance on the right.

He might not be the best defender in the world but he was behind a lot of our attacks last season.

But we all know that won't happen, it'll probably be Noone seeing as he wasn't even in the squad at Wendesday.

6Bolton 1-1 Wigan Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Wed Nov 28 2018, 22:01

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I feel strongly that it's time for Parky to ditch all the pisspoor wingers and give Little a chance on the right.

He might not be the best defender in the world but he was behind a lot of our attacks last season.

But we all know that won't happen, it'll probably be Noone seeing as he wasn't even in the squad at Wendesday.
Don't forget Buckley. Our secret weapon.

7Bolton 1-1 Wigan Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Wed Nov 28 2018, 22:02

Drastic change needed for Saturday, Oz has to start - we’re appalling on the ball without him.

Id also start Doidge for Magennis (somehow he looks shot to me).

8Bolton 1-1 Wigan Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Wed Nov 28 2018, 22:04

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:Drastic change needed for Saturday, Oz has to start - we’re appalling on the ball without him.

Id also start Doidge for Magennis (somehow he looks shot to me).
Agree. Not sure if Magennis is shot, or just simply demoralised.

Just noticed Villa and Forest drew 5 all. That's almost as many goals as we've scored all season. In 90 minutes.

9Bolton 1-1 Wigan Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Wed Nov 28 2018, 23:54

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It won't matter who plays while Phil is in charge. We'll lose. He's killed the player's confidence and now he can't do a thing to get it back. Largely because he kept dropping guys who'd had a decent game in early season and keeps playing the same stupid tactics game in game out. I predict wigan 3 - 0 bolton.

10Bolton 1-1 Wigan Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Thu Nov 29 2018, 11:12

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't see us winning and i think it will be the straw that broke the camels back and KA will get his finger out and sack Parky.

11Bolton 1-1 Wigan Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Thu Nov 29 2018, 11:19

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yep! It will be another shit show!

12Bolton 1-1 Wigan Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Thu Nov 29 2018, 11:36

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Agree with all of the above.Wigan will cut us to shreds.
0-3

13Bolton 1-1 Wigan Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Thu Nov 29 2018, 12:30

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

But they have a bigger budget so we're expected to get beat, well that'll be Parkinson's excuse.

14Bolton 1-1 Wigan Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Thu Nov 29 2018, 13:06

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

The last time we won a match was because Derby hadn't recovered from a Wednesday night match at Old Trafford.We now have the advantage of Wigan playing a tough local derby on a Wednesday night before they come to us.We shouldn't lose.

15Bolton 1-1 Wigan Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Thu Nov 29 2018, 13:09

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Famous last words Growler  Very Happy

16Bolton 1-1 Wigan Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Thu Nov 29 2018, 13:11

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Growler wrote:The last time we won a match was because Derby hadn't recovered from a Wednesday night match at Old Trafford.We now have the advantage of Wigan playing a tough local derby on a Wednesday night before they come to us.We shouldn't lose.

Whilst I agree, we won't have recovered from Tuesday night against Sheff Weds! Mad

17Bolton 1-1 Wigan Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Thu Nov 29 2018, 13:13

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

karlypants wrote:
Whilst I agree, we won't have recovered from Tuesday night against Sheff Weds! Mad
We still haven't recovered from our win against Derby in September.

18Bolton 1-1 Wigan Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Thu Nov 29 2018, 13:14

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Too many players in our squad are not up to the standard needed to compete at Championship level and I'm doubtful that Parky can turn it round however he shuffles the pack. After one or two fluke victories we've been consistently losing to some of the poorer sides in this division and though we  might just win the odd game here and there its hard to see us being away from the bottom three all season without significant change.

Ken's had to work hard but he's also had his fair share of luck to get us this far. He might need a bit more to get someone on board with money to spend in January and turn this season round, if its not too late by then.

19Bolton 1-1 Wigan Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Thu Nov 29 2018, 13:24

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Too many players in our squad are not up to the standard needed to compete at Championship level and I'm doubtful that Parky can turn it round however he shuffles the pack. After one or two fluke victories we've been consistently losing to some of the poorer sides in this division and though we  might just win the odd game here and there its hard to see us being away from the bottom three all season without significant change.

Ken's had to work hard but he's also had his fair share of luck to get us this far. He might need a bit more to get someone on board with money to spend in January and turn this season round, if its not too late by then.
I disagree we have players that have played most of their careers at this level, but if they're not getting played or being overlooked then you have to question the mentality of the man who signed them, we have a decent squad and a team that should comfortably be sat in mid table, yet we have a manager that sounds happy when we only lose 1-0, his mentality is weak, his outlook is weak, his tactics are weak, and his motivational skills are non existent all in all he is an average lower league manager.

20Bolton 1-1 Wigan Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Wigan Thu Nov 29 2018, 13:50

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

MartinBWFC wrote:
Ten Bobsworth wrote:Too many players in our squad are not up to the standard needed to compete at Championship level and I'm doubtful that Parky can turn it round however he shuffles the pack. After one or two fluke victories we've been consistently losing to some of the poorer sides in this division and though we  might just win the odd game here and there its hard to see us being away from the bottom three all season without significant change.

I disagree we have players that have played most of their careers at this level, but if they're not getting played or being overlooked then you have to question the mentality of the man who signed them, we have a decent squad and a team that should comfortably be sat in mid table, yet we have a manager that sounds happy when we only lose 1-0, his mentality is weak, his outlook is weak, his tactics are weak, and his motivational skills are non existent all in all he is an average lower league manager.
I agree that we have a nucleus that should be able to compete at this level but we also have too many that have been discarded by other clubs because they weren't up to the standard they needed. Its not hard, for example, to see why the Canaries got shut of Wildschut.

Could another manager have done any better with them? Maybe but it seems clear that its not working now and another defeat on Saturday may just be the final straw. I hope that somehow we manage to get another win and that we don't get detached before January comes.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum