Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

1 win away from the play-offs

+3
doffcocker
Hipster_Nebula
aaron_bwfc
7 posters

Reply to topic

Stay or go?

1 win away from the play-offs Vote_lcap86%1 win away from the play-offs Vote_rcap 86% [ 19 ]
1 win away from the play-offs Vote_lcap14%1 win away from the play-offs Vote_rcap 14% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 22

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

11 win away from the play-offs Empty 1 win away from the play-offs Sat Sep 01 2012, 20:58

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

As bad as it seems at the moment and wow it seems bad, we're on 4 points and only 1 win and a decent result from a play off place.

So is it time to sack coyle or is it just going to be a knee-jerk reaction to a bad performance against Crawley and Hull?

21 win away from the play-offs Empty Re: 1 win away from the play-offs Sat Sep 01 2012, 21:10

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If you look at other teams that have started badly there are some "big" names.

Wolves, us, Birmingham, Cardiff, Ipswich... so yeah we're not alone.

but it doesn't change the fact that Coyle came in to "change" things and I'd forgive some bad runs if we were slowly evolving into a slick passing machine.

but we're playing some utterly dreadful football, can't do ANY of the basics of passing, moving or defending and are shipping goals for fun against HULL and CRAWLEY. We also shipped 2 against Forrest and were absolutely thumped by Burnley who are now below us and are whipping boys.

the clean sheet stat is just about as bad as you could imagine.

the only reason he's here is because he's "got a long term plan" Ok great, but what is it?!

31 win away from the play-offs Empty Re: 1 win away from the play-offs Sat Sep 01 2012, 21:25

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Where we are in the league doesn't bother me at this stage. I'd rather be on 0 points with reasons to believe it will get better than 4 points knowing Coyle's learnt fuck all in the last 18 months and that we therefore won't be good enough for a promotion push.

What we're witnessing at the moment is just the same rubbish as last season but against weaker opposition, yet it's proving no more effective so far.

41 win away from the play-offs Empty Re: 1 win away from the play-offs Sat Sep 01 2012, 21:37

There is only 4 games gone course we are going to be close to the play offs. Peterboro are bottom of the league but only 3 wins away from being top.

We are just going backwards under Coyle. We can't defend and today after going behind we looked like we had forgotten how to attack.

51 win away from the play-offs Empty Re: 1 win away from the play-offs Sat Sep 01 2012, 21:38

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The holier than thou crowd on twitter are doing my head in.

"disgrace to boo the manager, ashamed"

give me a break. I don't recall one serious expression of disgust throughout the WHOLE of last season in which we broke EVERY negative record in bolton wanderers history. Actually commendable when you consider what was going on down the road at Rovers whose team IMO were showing more fight than us and still getting boo'd to fuck.

I definitely don't agree with the pathetic abuse being dished out on twitter but as far as the booing at the match goes i think it's got to the point where it's to be expected whether you're a "booer" or not.

61 win away from the play-offs Empty Re: 1 win away from the play-offs Sat Sep 01 2012, 21:44

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

The poll is pretty one sided.

The next team we play is watford, they got a drubbing today. I'm dreading what the atmosphere will be like if we lose to them after the international break.

71 win away from the play-offs Empty Re: 1 win away from the play-offs Sat Sep 01 2012, 22:10

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

aaron bwfc wrote:As bad as it seems at the moment and wow it seems bad, we're on 4 points and only 1 win and a decent result from a play off place.

So is it time to sack coyle or is it just going to be a knee-jerk reaction to a bad performance against Crawley and Hull?

This 'only one win away from a play-off place' is clearly an idiotic statement. It assumes that every other team above us loses', teams playing each other both lose.

'Knee-jerk reaction to a bad performance'. More lunacy. We, Bolton Wanderers were out played by Crawley Town and Hull City. You may be able to overlook it as just a bad performance (of course it was) and move on but I think it demonstrates how far we have slipped.

81 win away from the play-offs Empty Re: 1 win away from the play-offs Sat Sep 01 2012, 22:22

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I don't think its where we are in the league that is relevant in deciding Coyle's fate, I think we just don't have any belief or faith in his managerial ability to turn things around. Last season we had a spell where we lost 21 of our last 24 league games and yet he seemed to play the same tactics and line up game after game. It was bewildering to see.

It is of no surprise to see us struggle again this season. Under Owen Coyle I have seen some of the worst performances I have ever seen from a Bolton team. We once were so hard to beat under Big Sam, under Owen Coyle we are soft, there is no passion, no commitment, no desire, there is nothing there any more. The tactics are usually wrong, the line ups are wrong, the team is set up poorly. Everything is wrong and I don't believe whatsoever that Owen Coyle has the ability to turn things around. I don't see what the point is with sticking with a manager who is not up to the task. Even if we did start winning games and somehow got promoted, we'd struggle terribly with him in the Premiership next season.

91 win away from the play-offs Empty Re: 1 win away from the play-offs Sat Sep 01 2012, 23:33

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Michael Bolton wrote:I don't think its where we are in the league that is relevant in deciding Coyle's fate, I think we just don't have any belief or faith in his managerial ability to turn things around. Last season we had a spell where we lost 21 of our last 24 league games and yet he seemed to play the same tactics and line up game after game. It was bewildering to see.

It is of no surprise to see us struggle again this season. Under Owen Coyle I have seen some of the worst performances I have ever seen from a Bolton team. We once were so hard to beat under Big Sam, under Owen Coyle we are soft, there is no passion, no commitment, no desire, there is nothing there any more. The tactics are usually wrong, the line ups are wrong, the team is set up poorly. Everything is wrong and I don't believe whatsoever that Owen Coyle has the ability to turn things around. I don't see what the point is with sticking with a manager who is not up to the task. Even if we did start winning games and somehow got promoted, we'd struggle terribly with him in the Premiership next season.

I agree except for one point. Coyle is totally incapable of getting us promoted so you won't have to worry about playing in the Prem next season. Personally I am more worried that we will be playing in Division 1 next season if we don't dump Coyle ASAP.

101 win away from the play-offs Empty Re: 1 win away from the play-offs Sun Sep 02 2012, 07:24

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

It's not that we are only one win away from a play off spot. It's the last year and a half of decline. What makes people think things can improve. We are on a downward spiral. I don't think he can motivate the players. They look to him and he is just sat there with his head down.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum