Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

play offs

+6
xmiles
scottjames30
rammywhite
observer
Hipster_Nebula
Boggersbelief
10 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1play offs Empty play offs Sat Jan 31 2015, 18:16

13 points off

54 to play for

Need about 35 points from them to sneak it

Anyone think its still possible

2play offs Empty Re: play offs Sat Jan 31 2015, 18:19

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's possible, very unlikely though. We aren't good enough yet, frustrating as I am desperate to get out of this league

3play offs Empty Re: play offs Sat Jan 31 2015, 18:20

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Absolutely no chance.

just need to make sure we stay safe and let Lennon bed in the players he likes for a good run next season.

4play offs Empty Re: play offs Sat Jan 31 2015, 18:22

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There's always a chance

5play offs Empty Re: play offs Sat Jan 31 2015, 18:26

Nah no chance, more important for me for us to build confidence and experience for next season. Ship out Chungy ASAP and use the money to bring in some quality, could be some good pre-contracts about for next season.

6play offs Empty Re: play offs Sat Jan 31 2015, 18:34

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Why bother talking about this now?  We're only 7 above the relegation zone and 13 from the playoffs.  Let's get to safety first and retain NL for next season.  Let's get a starting eleven and sell on what we can now.

7play offs Empty Re: play offs Sat Jan 31 2015, 18:36

In fairness I can't see any Prem club coming in for Lennon after half a season of mid table in the Championship, we'll be okay for the next year or so.

8play offs Empty Re: play offs Sat Jan 31 2015, 18:48

observer wrote:Why bother talking about this now?  We're only 7 above the relegation zone and 13 from the playoffs.  Let's get to safety first and retain NL for next season.  Let's get a starting eleven and sell on what we can now.
Sorry.....thought this was a forum

Maybe you can write us a list of topics we are allowed to discuss

Wink

9play offs Empty Re: play offs Sat Jan 31 2015, 19:12

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

y2johnny wrote:
observer wrote:Why bother talking about this now?  We're only 7 above the relegation zone and 13 from the playoffs.  Let's get to safety first and retain NL for next season.  Let's get a starting eleven and sell on what we can now.

Wink
A little harsh I think.  It was not a shot at you, but rather a call for taking in one game at a time.  We're closer to the drop than we are to the playoffs.  There certainly was nothing personal in my observation and you are certainly entitled to your opinion (as long as it about beautiful red haired women) Smile

10play offs Empty Re: play offs Sat Jan 31 2015, 19:13

observer wrote:
y2johnny wrote:

Wink
A little harsh I think.  It was not a shot at you, but rather a call for taking in one game at a time.  We're closer to the drop than we are to the playoffs.  There certainly was nothing personal in my observation and you are certainly entitled to your opinion (as long as it about beautiful red haired women) Smile
Haha. I was only joking.  I typed it and then posted it and realised it sounded a bit shitty so edited it to put a winky face

Smile

11play offs Empty Re: play offs Sat Jan 31 2015, 19:41

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

There's no chance- other clubs would have to drop a lot of points- and we showed today that we still can't really finish other teams off.
If we had CYL playing in the second half of the season with Clough and Le Fondre in front of him I think we'd be close- but our luck with injuries will make sure that it doesn't happen

12play offs Empty Re: play offs Sat Jan 31 2015, 19:46

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think we'll miss out on Goal Difference again.

13play offs Empty Re: play offs Sat Jan 31 2015, 19:56

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

No chance but if we keep Lennon I think we have a chance next season.

14play offs Empty Re: play offs Sat Jan 31 2015, 19:56

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:

Wink

Tikka boo son. 

:clap:

15play offs Empty Re: play offs Sun Feb 01 2015, 19:09

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Not on this season, top 10 would be a result considering our poor start.

16play offs Empty Re: play offs Sun Feb 01 2015, 19:18

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thing is next season won't be any better, in-fact the play-offs will get harder each year, The Mule, Good John, ALF, CYL will all be gone next season, and anyone else we get on loan tomorrow.

Its just a vicious circle. then we'll have no players for the start of next season.

17play offs Empty Re: play offs Mon Feb 02 2015, 11:13

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:Thing is next season won't be any better, in-fact the play-offs will get harder each year, The Mule, Good John, ALF, CYL will all be gone next season, and anyone else we get on loan tomorrow.

Its just a vicious circle. then we'll have no players for the start of next season.

Next season, another rash of clubs who don't have our financial problems will bully the transfer market at our level in a bid to get promotion. Add to that 3 relegated clubs and the clubs who didn't quite make it this time and you have a minimum of 10 championship clubs who will start next season in a better position than us - on paper.

When a club is in our position it needs genius at the helm - like we had when Rioch and Todd came in and built us up from nowt. Lennon may have that touch but it's too early to tell. However what he needs to do is clear:

Get average players playing to the best of their ability - tick!
Develop and bring through new talent that is premiership quality - not so sure.
Find absolute bargains in the transfer market.

The last of these may involve calling in favours or blowing an agent or two because it's a competitive market and we haven't got cash to throw at it, but Lennon is a favoured son so he might be able to pull something off although the signs so far haven't been too good.

A lot of ducks to get in a row if we are ever going to get back to the Prem.

18play offs Empty Re: play offs Mon Feb 02 2015, 13:12

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

As long as it's mathematically possible..... but our squad is too thin and the clubs above us have to collapse as we keep winning.  I think the loss at Rotherhame and the draw on Saturday have just about done us in.  Can't see any points coming at Derby this weekend after the Pool game knackers us again. So midtable would be grand considering everything.

19play offs Empty Re: play offs Mon Feb 02 2015, 13:16

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Too many good sides above us imo.
We'll probably finish mid table,which is a bit of a result considering the state we were in under Freedman.
Next season will be the real test of our metal.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum