Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Only 10 points off the play offs...

+13
rammywhite
terenceanne
aaron_bwfc
BoltonTillIDie
Hipster_Nebula
Leeds_Trotter
Boggersbelief
observer
JonnyRandom
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
Sgt. Bash
Michael Bolton
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Only 10 points off the play offs... Empty Only 10 points off the play offs... Sun Feb 10 2013, 20:45

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Do you think we can make it? We have never ever got going this season but still are only ten points off. If we can finally start putting a run of wins together surely we can make the play offs? We are still 40/1 to be promoted on betfair. I just feel we can do it. Do you?

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Michael Bolton wrote:Do you think we can make it? We have never ever got going this season but still are only ten points off. If we can finally start putting a run of wins together surely we can make the play offs? We are still 40/1 to be promoted on betfair. I just feel we can do it. Do you?

No.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We can still make it, but it depends on the manager.

If he continues to be cautious we have no chance, but if he plays to our strengths and goes out to win games we have a chance. Win at Forest and all of a sudden there's a bit of confidence about the club.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Only 10 points from the play offs and just 3 points off the bottom 3!

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

No i think its too big an ask seeing we havent even got back to back wins yet. I hope im wrong but cant see it

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Believe we have the players now to do it... but the question is how well Dougie can put the pieces together and whether he can motivate. I believe he did really well in the transfer window... exceedingly well. Now it falls to him to assemble a squad that works their backsides off every game and who work well together. Since the YCL and Holden injuries, we have not had a first team with character or desire or who worked well together. Coyle as nice as he is, was not a motivator and was terrible at evaluating talent and paying them wisely. Dougie has already shown in one transfer window, an ability to be thrifty, but wise... the same as he did for Palace. The next part is picking the team that plays to our strengths and exploits the oppositions weaknesses. Lastly he has to be a motivator. We need to reserve judgment on that for now. If he can prove to be all three, then we have a shot at the playoffs. It will also require some luck to recover from our abysmal start to the season. The only reason we are three points off the relegation zone is the bottom three have won the past two weeks. It's a long season, and anything is possible. Here's to hope, perseverance and to motivation! Wink

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Dougie seems to enjoy his 4-5-1 as coyle did his 4-4-2. Coule was stubborn and rarely swapped about. I think we will stand much more of a chance if dougie is less stubborn and will re asses his preferred tactics and formations for ones that actually work.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

People need to stop being so fickle. When we lost at watford everyone was worried about relegation, now after one uninspiring win the talk of promotion is back, we've had so many false dawn for the last couple of years, and this is just another, this season needs to be written off.

I've said before that talk of either relegation or promotion this season is stupid, we have the worst away record in the league, haven't had back to back wins all season and you can count the amount of cleans sheets on one hand.
That is not promotion form, it isn't going to suddenly change overnight.

Yes we're only 10 points off the play offs, yes we have a game in hand. But we concede too many and don't score enough.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote: this season needs to be written off.

What a bellend. Write the season off? Are you crazy? I want the team to go out there and fooking well try and win every game.

Where I come from you never give up. 10 points can be pulled back. If we won our next 5 games I bet the gap would be down to 4 points.

10Only 10 points off the play offs... Empty Re: Only 10 points off the play offs... Sun Feb 10 2013, 21:40

i haven't given up either, anything is possible if we could win the next couple of games.

11Only 10 points off the play offs... Empty Re: Only 10 points off the play offs... Sun Feb 10 2013, 21:47

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

This league is such a difficult league to get out of or predict as anybody can beat anyone. Every one of our fans who thought we would go straight back up, tearing up this league and winning it needs their head testing. This league is not different to the bottom half of the prem and we were a bottom half club for many many seasons. This league is tighter than Nats crotch, a few good results strung together and you are right back up there, a few poor ones and you are down the bottom. IMO, we won't be getting promoted this season, we don't have the team for it, our team is too used to playing in the prem and are not cut out for this league, this league is more rough and ready, whereas the prem is full of prima donnas.

12Only 10 points off the play offs... Empty Re: Only 10 points off the play offs... Sun Feb 10 2013, 21:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leeds_Trotter wrote:This league is tighter than Nats crotch

:trust:

13Only 10 points off the play offs... Empty Re: Only 10 points off the play offs... Sun Feb 10 2013, 21:56

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote: this season needs to be written off.

What a bellend. Write the season off? Are you crazy? I want the team to go out there and fooking well try and win every game.

Where I come from you never give up. 10 points can be pulled back. If we won our next 5 games I bet the gap would be down to 4 points.

Show me any signs of us being capable of going on a 5 match unbeaten run.

We'll draw at forest next week and I wouldn't be surprised to see a thread by you titled 'another Scottish prick, another relegation'

14Only 10 points off the play offs... Empty Re: Only 10 points off the play offs... Sun Feb 10 2013, 21:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:

Show me any signs of us being capable of going on a 5 match unbeaten run.

It's upto the manager to ensure this happens by picking the best team.

We can do it.

15Only 10 points off the play offs... Empty Re: Only 10 points off the play offs... Sun Feb 10 2013, 22:02

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I prefer you being a negative old hag. Sort it out

16Only 10 points off the play offs... Empty Re: Only 10 points off the play offs... Sun Feb 10 2013, 22:03

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:

We'll draw at forest next week

I actually think we will just nick the 3 points at Forest. I'm expecting a good turnout from the Wanderers fans.

17Only 10 points off the play offs... Empty Re: Only 10 points off the play offs... Sun Feb 10 2013, 22:08

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hope to god you're right RT, I just feel that the players will let us down again.

Plus forest will be fired up, with a new manager in charge

18Only 10 points off the play offs... Empty Re: Only 10 points off the play offs... Sun Feb 10 2013, 22:10

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You've got to be joking.

I'd be delighted if we finish between 11th and 15th.

anything above that is a bonus.

19Only 10 points off the play offs... Empty Re: Only 10 points off the play offs... Sun Feb 10 2013, 22:11

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I believe Smile

20Only 10 points off the play offs... Empty Re: Only 10 points off the play offs... Sun Feb 10 2013, 22:20

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Billy Davies going back to Forest will all end in tears. Mark my words, it wont work out with him and the current owners. Billy Davies is a lower league Harry Redknapp. Always wanting to spend money on new players as long as the money isn't coming out of his own pocket.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum