Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton boss still hoping for positive news on a takeover

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Phil Parkinson cannot wait for Wanderers’ takeover to be completed – just so he can have a normal job.

Ongoing attempts by the Football Ventures consortium to buy Ken Anderson’s majority stake in the club look likely to stretch into next week.

A winding-up petition will be heard at the High Court on March 20, putting extra emphasis on the need for a deal to be struck.

Parkinson has grown weary of worrying about wages and believes new ownership would lift a big weight from his own shoulders.

“Going forward it is huge,” he told The Bolton News. “What other manager at Championship level, or staff, deal with this kind of situation? It’s unheard of, it just doesn’t happen.

“We are competing in a hard division with teams who have got a lot more resources than ourselves, so we need every ounce of help we can get.

“It has been much-needed. The chairman has been trying to sell the club for quite a period of time and it now looks like he is close to doing it.

“We’re just keeping our fingers crossed and hopefully there is some positive news in the next couple of days.”

Wanderers are likely to make changes at Wigan tomorrow, with Luca Connell pushing for a recall in midfield after making a bright cameo against Sheffield Wednesday.

Clayton Donaldson and Andy Taylor are also set for a recall to the side.

Parkinson refused to pin any blame for Tuesday night’s defeat on the fact his players had not been paid their February wages until a few hours before kick off – a wait of 12 days – for which Anderson later issued a profuse apology.

“I can’t blame that,” he said.

“I think the lads were pretty focused going into the game and got paid on the day.

“It was disappointing on Monday because they had expected the wages to go in and we’d had a bit of turmoil through the evening.

“It isn’t ideal and you want to prepare for the game, not talk about wages but I can’t use it as an excuse. They just showed more quality.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum