Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ken Anderson - update.

+23
rammywhite
Nigelbwfc
luckyPeterpiper
okocha
Bollotom2014
BoltonTillIDie
Boggersbelief
Leeds_Trotter
y2johnny
finlaymcdanger
MartinBWFC
Cajunboy
observer
Growler
gloswhite
bryan458
Hipster_Nebula
Norpig
karlypants
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
boltonbonce
27 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 11]

21Ken Anderson - update. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed 13 Mar - 11:05

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I don't think Eddie Davies would have let the club fold.

22Ken Anderson - update. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed 13 Mar - 13:26

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's dead though.

23Ken Anderson - update. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed 13 Mar - 13:40

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:He's dead though.
Wasn't at the time Anderson arrived though which is why all this tosh about Anderson saving the club is nonsense.

Anyway let's looks forward to hearing from the new owners - they have much to tell us about what they have inherited and what they think they can do.

24Ken Anderson - update. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed 13 Mar - 13:44

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:
Wasn't at the time Anderson arrived though which is why all this tosh about Anderson saving the club is nonsense.

Anyway let's looks forward to hearing from the new owners - they have much to tell us about what they have inherited and what they think they can do.
Lusty - wait until the ink drys!

25Ken Anderson - update. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed 13 Mar - 14:00

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Lusty is poised with blotting paper in his hand.

26Ken Anderson - update. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed 13 Mar - 14:02

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sounds like a weird Norfolk perversion.

27Ken Anderson - update. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed 13 Mar - 15:05

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

observer wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

You got me there. Haven't a clue what you're on about.

Oh you mean that the contract hasn't been signed yet? Fair point.

28Ken Anderson - update. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed 13 Mar - 15:10

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:
observer wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Bloody Yanks... never can say what we mean.  Yes, the contract has to be signed first.  Let's hope so.

29Ken Anderson - update. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed 13 Mar - 16:08

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

observer wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
observer wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Bloody Yanks... never can say what we mean.  Yes, the contract has to be signed first.  Let's hope so.
Can't see Anderson hanging around now but you never know if he's got another stunt up his sleeve.

30Ken Anderson - update. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed 13 Mar - 22:33

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

wanderlust wrote:
gloswhite wrote:
Whatever happens, I wish him well for the future, because without him, we simply wouldn't have survived.
Yes we would have.
Not to labour a point, but there were a few instances where it was only his intervention that ensured we came out the other side. I agree that his tactics weren't always very nice, and as a result the club was shown in a very bad light, but without him, we would have definitely disappeared from view.
I just believe he deserves some credit, (£5 million springs to mind  Smile)

31Ken Anderson - update. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu 14 Mar - 0:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
gloswhite wrote:
Whatever happens, I wish him well for the future, because without him, we simply wouldn't have survived.
Yes we would have.
Not to labour a point, but there were a few instances where it was only his intervention that ensured we came out the other side. I agree that his tactics weren't always very nice, and as a result the club was shown in a very bad light, but without him, we would have definitely disappeared from view.
I just believe he deserves some credit, (£5 million springs to mind  Smile)
The point I've laboured is that we don't know whether or not he deserves any credit until the facts come out and we see the accounts. We may have been better off if he hadn't arrived.

32Ken Anderson - update. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu 14 Mar - 20:35

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

How could we have been better off if he hadn't arrived, when we would have gone under, possibly permanently ?  I agree we need to be able to judge his performance when the final story comes to light. However, at least we are still here, and in a position to do so.

33Ken Anderson - update. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu 14 Mar - 21:13

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

gloswhite wrote:How could we have been better off if he hadn't arrived, when we would have gone under, possibly permanently ?  I agree we need to be able to judge his performance when the final story comes to light. However, at least we are still here, and in a position to do so.

Save your breath Glos, Wanderlust lives in a different world to the likes of you and me.

If Germany had won the second World War, we'd all be speaking German now, but they didn't and we aren't.

Maybe things would have been different if he (Anderson) hadn't arrived but equally we might well have been liquidated on the day - nobody can say with any certainty BECAUSE IT DIDN'T HAPPEN that way.

What point is there trying to reason with him and his billion posts against Anderson because things haven't happened the way he wanted them too.  We are here in the position we find ourselves in now because it simply happened the way it has.  

That's the reality of life, the fact of the matter.

No amount of moaning, bitching or abuse from him about Anderson is ever going to turn the clock back and make things work out differently than they have but he can't seem to accept that.

Best keep away and leave him to it I suggest.

34Ken Anderson - update. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri 15 Mar - 7:26

Could level the same at you Sluffy, so many words talking Anderson up yet at the end of the day he’s dragged the club through the mud.

35Ken Anderson - update. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri 15 Mar - 13:54

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:Could level the same at you Sluffy, so many words talking Anderson up yet at the end of the day he’s dragged the club through the mud.

Please feel free to link me to where I've talked Anderson 'up'.

I've consistently been neutral on Anderson, neither being pro or anti him.

I have however tried to give reasoned comment based on waiting to hear both sides of the story rather than pre judging him and joining the lynch mob at every opportunity along the way.

36Ken Anderson - update. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri 15 Mar - 17:28

You said he has balls of steel the other day.

37Ken Anderson - update. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri 15 Mar - 23:07

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:You said he has balls of steel the other day.

I think that is a general consensus of many, certainly not just my opinion.

For instance BluMarble were seeking over £8 million repayment from Holdsworth (SSBWFC) and Anderson ended up settling for just short of £5 million.

Whether you like his methods or not, that took quite a bit of brass from him to pull that off.

38Ken Anderson - update. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sat 16 Mar - 0:00

If Iles describes Holdsworth as having ‘balls of steel’, I wonder how you’d have reacted.

39Ken Anderson - update. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sat 16 Mar - 0:57

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:If Iles describes Holdsworth as having ‘balls of steel’, I wonder how you’d have reacted.

I'd wonder what reason he'd had to say that?

Has Holdsworth negotiated a £3 million pounds discount off a creditor?

If so I'd probably agree with him?

Wouldn't you?

40Ken Anderson - update. - Page 2 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sat 16 Mar - 8:16

I think you’d claim offence at the lack of impartiality - you know, what you always do when Iles has annopinion.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum