You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Boris Johnson to be our next Prime Minister?

Boris Johnson to be our next Prime Minister?

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 14]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
First out of the traps to challenge May -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48299424

Then a general election against Corbyn .

Who can possibly stop him?

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
What will stop him is Tory MPs who know what an incompetent liar he is and will not put him on the two person shortlist for the geriatric membership of the Tory party to vote on.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Has the age of the Tory membership been released? 

I remember reading it was only a couple of years older than the labour one.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Give Boris the job. Please.

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
@Hipster_Nebula wrote:Has the age of the Tory membership been released? 

I remember reading it was only a couple of years older than the labour one.

Reading it where?

Best estimates of Tory party members puts their average age between 65 and 75 but could be as high as 71/72 (according to the Bow Group).

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Makes interesting, if surprising, reading. Surprised

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I think the real story of the Tory membership is how many there are.

Id be stunned if there were more than 30-40 thousand at this point.

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
It wouldn't surprise me either.

okocha

okocha
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
God help us all  pale

Boris Johnson to be our next Prime Minister? 2809413633

gloswhite

gloswhite
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
I heard BJ described as a 'big picture' sort of person, who wants to be loved. By all accounts he likes to see the broad view, and leaves the details to others. Whether its true or not, I don't know. 
He was astute enough to keep a low profile during the latter stages of the Brexit mess in Parliament, but I think his image is already tarnished for many. having said that, at least he's a Brexit person, and is more likely to drive a hard bargain in the next stage of negotiations.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I'm all for it. Whatever happens it will be banter.

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
@gloswhite wrote:I heard BJ described as a 'big picture' sort of person, who wants to be loved. By all accounts he likes to see the broad view, and leaves the details to others. Whether its true or not, I don't know. 
He was astute enough to keep a low profile during the latter stages of the Brexit mess in Parliament, but I think his image is already tarnished for many. having said that, at least he's a Brexit person, and is more likely to drive a hard bargain in the next stage of negotiations.

Glos I don't know if you have looked at the video okocha posted but all these allegations are true and fully documented. One of his more fatuous lies is that the EU wants to ban bendy bananas and sadly I have heard more than one brexit voter say that is the reason they voted to leave the EU.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
No, I didn't look at the video. As for the banana one, I'm sure I heard that claim many years ago, when even I was young !

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
But did you believe it?

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Norpig wrote:God help us all  pale

Boris Johnson to be our next Prime Minister? 2809413633
Such a beautiful picture Mr. Pig! Smile

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I remember it being your avi KP  Very Happy

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Norpig wrote:I remember it being your avi KP  Very Happy
It’s up there in my top 5 avi’s with Mr. Farage being No.1 Razz Very Happy

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Boris Johnson to be our next Prime Minister? Images14


Better Boris than Jezza the Red.



Last edited by Cajunboy on Fri May 17 2019, 13:15; edited 1 time in total

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
@Cajunboy wrote:Boris Johnson to be our next Prime Minister? Images14

Laughing

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
I've always thought Rory Stewart comes across well when I've seen him interviewed. If I was a Tory that's who I'd want as leader.

I suppose it comes back to who has the most influence in the party. ERG and the other Brexit hardliners will want Boris, more moderate will prefer Gove. I can't see another Remainer getting the job though.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@T.R.O.Y wrote:I've always thought Rory Stewart comes across well when I've seen him interviewed. If I was a Tory that's who I'd want as leader.

I suppose it comes back to who has the most influence in the party. ERG and the other Brexit hardliners will want Boris, more moderate will prefer Gove. I can't see another Remainer getting the job though.
Yes, Rory Stewart is an interesting character.

I saw a recent interview  with Sophy Ridge and he seemed refreshingly open and honest about himself.



Last edited by Cajunboy on Fri May 17 2019, 13:56; edited 1 time in total

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Or was I just being naive?

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I had to read that twice then. Thought it said Rod Stewart! Very Happy

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@T.R.O.Y wrote:I've always thought Rory Stewart comes across well when I've seen him interviewed. If I was a Tory that's who I'd want as leader.

I suppose it comes back to who has the most influence in the party. ERG and the other Brexit hardliners will want Boris, more moderate will prefer Gove. I can't see another Remainer getting the job though.

I think the party might want to avoid appointing someone who fits the bill of a stereotypical public school toff. 

They have a serious image issue and Rory Stewart ain't gonna fix that.

Good choice if you're a labour voter though.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Back to Rod Stewart then.

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
@Hipster_Nebula wrote:
@T.R.O.Y wrote:I've always thought Rory Stewart comes across well when I've seen him interviewed. If I was a Tory that's who I'd want as leader.

I suppose it comes back to who has the most influence in the party. ERG and the other Brexit hardliners will want Boris, more moderate will prefer Gove. I can't see another Remainer getting the job though.

I think the party might want to avoid appointing someone who fits the bill of a stereotypical public school toff. 

They have a serious image issue and Rory Stewart ain't gonna fix that.

Good choice if you're a labour voter though.

Are any of the candidates not public school toffs?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@xmiles wrote:
@Hipster_Nebula wrote:
@T.R.O.Y wrote:I've always thought Rory Stewart comes across well when I've seen him interviewed. If I was a Tory that's who I'd want as leader.

I suppose it comes back to who has the most influence in the party. ERG and the other Brexit hardliners will want Boris, more moderate will prefer Gove. I can't see another Remainer getting the job though.

I think the party might want to avoid appointing someone who fits the bill of a stereotypical public school toff. 

They have a serious image issue and Rory Stewart ain't gonna fix that.

Good choice if you're a labour voter though.

Are any of the candidates not public school toffs?

It's the perception I'm talking about. Most MPs of all parties are similar.

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Tricky to find a non public school toff in a party that’s made up of and run for public school toffs.

Sajid Javid maybe?

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 14]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum