Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Boris Johnson to be our next Prime Minister?

+14
Natasha Whittam
sunlight
rammywhite
wessy
Angry Dad
Cajunboy
karlypants
gloswhite
Norpig
okocha
boltonbonce
Hipster_Nebula
xmiles
Sluffy
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 21]

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

xmiles wrote:
okocha wrote:..... "he's a better diplomat than either Corbyn or Swinson would be....."

Glos, Try telling that to Nazanin Zeghari Ratcliffe or her husband. 

The blustering showman is a disastrous slip of the tongue/brain just waiting to happen.

Glos won't be replying to this as it is factual evidence contradicting his wild claim. Smile
I accept that he completely messed up the Nazanin situation, and cannot defend him at all. But I still think my original statement is correct, he is a better diplomat than Corbyn or Swinson would be. 
XM, grow up you silly old sod. i',m happy to accept facts but all the comments on what Boris will do, the vast majority of the Armageddon that will be rained upon us, is more speculation than fact.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

rammywhite wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
rammywhite wrote: And if he succeeds and the whole country turns to shit on November 1st and then for months after that, we'll point the finger at you and others who were hellbent on leave under any circumstances and say that you caused this.

But when the country begins to prosper outside of the EU will you be thanking us?

No -I won't because it will be chaos  and every indicator points exactly to that including the governments own think tanks  proposals. Which the buffoon in charge of us all now has chosen to ignore with his  nonsensical statements. Most of this country doesn't take him seriously - so why should our European counterparts/ partners take him seriously.
There will be nothing to thank you for as it will be a disaster.
yeah, reminds be a bit of the way people behaved when Y2K was going to end the world as we know it.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

boltonbonce wrote:
okocha wrote:..... "he's a better diplomat than either Corbyn or Swinson would be....."

Glos, Try telling that to Nazanin Zeghari Ratcliffe or her husband. 

The blustering showman is a disastrous slip of the tongue/brain just waiting to happen.
I have to agree. He's a typical 'shout loud enough and these foreign jonnies will understand' Brit.
Attending his very first top level European meeting as PM under such circumstances must be difficult, but you see it in a different context. I've seen no evidence of any 'Johny Foreigner' approach, so I think your comments are misplaced.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

rammywhite wrote:
gloswhite wrote:
I don't see this at all. I think you are seriously underestimating him, Even if he doesn't come out with what he and we want. 
Sorry to raise this with you Glos- but there are millions of us who don't want what he wants at all. We want him to fail in leaving the EU without a deal and we still want him to fail in taking us out of the EU at all. . I know you will see us as just a set of moaning remainers- but a very substantial proportion of the population ( and its a growing proportion as well) would rather remain. And if he succeeds and the whole country turns to shit on November 1st and then for months after that, we'll point the finger at you and others who were hellbent on leave under any circumstances and say that you caused this. And there will be no hiding place. The country may have voted leave but not under the omnishambles that will come from Boris's no deal scenario. When will he listen? 27 countries are saying in unison that the deal has been agreed and its not changing. And it won't.
At some stage he'll need to start listening to them and not expect them to listen just to him.. I'm sorry to say it but he's deluded.
I am aware there are millions who don't agree, even without your emotive phraseology, but who is to say the change is all in one direction, and as much as those desperate to remain actually state?  No polls will give a true story of the current situation especially not when taken from a few thousand in selected areas. 
I would make one point though, and that I'm surprised that none of the people who have campaigned to remain are aware of their input to the shambles that now faces us. With their constant attacking of the referendum and subsequent manipulation of Paliamentary rules, even having a constitutionally neutral Speaker manipulate Parliamentary rules in their favour  These people have contributed to the damage caused to the integrity of the government, and Parliament. We are now the laughing stock of Europe, and to some extent, the world. I'm sure when you translate that into hard cash, the Remainers have helped the country to lose a lot of badly needed investment, and future trade especially when supported by an obviously disingenuous group of  politicians. We even have a political party who are actively campaigning to ignore the referendum result, when they actually voted for article 50. 
Laying the current situation solely at the feet of those wishing to leave the EU is, to me, yet another outpouring of hypocrisy from people who prefer to accept their lives to be managed by the EU, rather than make their own way. Lets not forget, we joined the EU for trade, not to become part of a federal state run by Germany and France.
I know we will have problems, but I believe that in 3-5 years we will be stronger for it. If we can outlast the Fanny Mae financial crash, I genuinely feel that what is to come will not be the end of the world as some seem to think. 
As I have stated before, I also want a deal of some sort, its only common sense, but if we give in to the EU again, I think our long-term prospects as a sovereign country, will at best be in name only.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

gloswhite wrote:
rammywhite wrote:
gloswhite wrote:
I don't see this at all. I think you are seriously underestimating him, Even if he doesn't come out with what he and we want. 
Sorry to raise this with you Glos- but there are millions of us who don't want what he wants at all. We want him to fail in leaving the EU without a deal and we still want him to fail in taking us out of the EU at all. . I know you will see us as just a set of moaning remainers- but a very substantial proportion of the population ( and its a growing proportion as well) would rather remain. And if he succeeds and the whole country turns to shit on November 1st and then for months after that, we'll point the finger at you and others who were hellbent on leave under any circumstances and say that you caused this. And there will be no hiding place. The country may have voted leave but not under the omnishambles that will come from Boris's no deal scenario. When will he listen? 27 countries are saying in unison that the deal has been agreed and its not changing. And it won't.
At some stage he'll need to start listening to them and not expect them to listen just to him.. I'm sorry to say it but he's deluded.
I am aware there are millions who don't agree, even without your emotive phraseology, but who is to say the change is all in one direction, and as much as those desperate to remain actually state?  No polls will give a true story of the current situation especially not when taken from a few thousand in selected areas. 
I would make one point though, and that I'm surprised that none of the people who have campaigned to remain are aware of their input to the shambles that now faces us. With their constant attacking of the referendum and subsequent manipulation of Paliamentary rules, even having a constitutionally neutral Speaker manipulate Parliamentary rules in their favour  These people have contributed to the damage caused to the integrity of the government, and Parliament. We are now the laughing stock of Europe, and to some extent, the world. I'm sure when you translate that into hard cash, the Remainers have helped the country to lose a lot of badly needed investment, and future trade especially when supported by an obviously disingenuous group of  politicians. We even have a political party who are actively campaigning to ignore the referendum result, when they actually voted for article 50. 
Laying the current situation solely at the feet of those wishing to leave the EU is, to me, yet another outpouring of hypocrisy from people who prefer to accept their lives to be managed by the EU, rather than make their own way. Lets not forget, we joined the EU for trade, not to become part of a federal state run by Germany and France.
I know we will have problems, but I believe that in 3-5 years we will be stronger for it. If we can outlast the Fanny Mae financial crash, I genuinely feel that what is to come will not be the end of the world as some seem to think. 
As I have stated before, I also want a deal of some sort, its only common sense, but if we give in to the EU again, I think our long-term prospects as a sovereign country, will at best be in name only.

The EU is not a federal state and it is completely untrue to state that we are "managed by the EU". What examples can you provide of the UK being forced to accept laws that are not in our own interest?

The only hypocrisy is brexiteers blaming everybody but themselves for the mess we are in.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

xmiles wrote:
gloswhite wrote:
rammywhite wrote:
gloswhite wrote:

The EU is not a federal state and it is completely untrue to state that we are "managed by the EU". What examples can you provide of the UK being forced to accept laws that are not in our own interest?

The only hypocrisy is brexiteers blaming everybody but themselves for the mess we are in.
The thing is XM, were not blaming anyone for anything. We want out, and its people like you who whinge and moan at everything that has muddied the water.
We may not be directly managed by the EU, but we're certainly expected to toe the line, which I suppose is being managed indirectly, but I doubt you will see that.
Also, even this thick Brexiteer is aware that the EU is not a Federal state, but it is something the likes of Macron wants, an example being a European army.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Just in case you think I'm ignoring you, especially my mate XM, I'm off to Tenerife for a couple of weeks as of tomorrow, so may not respond to your amusing and enlightened comments immediately, especially if they are factual  Very Happy

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

If we crash out of the EU the UK will run out of oxygen  affraid

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

gloswhite wrote:Just in case you think I'm ignoring you, especially my mate XM, I'm off to Tenerife for a couple of weeks as of tomorrow, so may not respond to your amusing and enlightened comments immediately, especially if they are factual  Very Happy

Enjoy your holiday glos. While you are basking in the sun maybe you can think of an example of the UK being forced to accept laws that are not in our own interest. Smile

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

As an example of unrealistic optimism (or just plain lying) the headline in today's Sunday Express takes some beating:

"UK-US Trade Deal Is Done"

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

xmiles wrote:As an example of unrealistic optimism (or just plain lying) the headline in today's Sunday Express takes some beating:

"UK-US Trade Deal Is Done"

Your correct- it isn't done Negotiations have barely started.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Blackbirds set to leave uk if brexit happens.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hello Glos,
Apologies for the emotional phraseology-  it isn't meant personally but I feel very passionate about this issue and just feel that we have made a horrendous mistake which will haunt us for a long time.  I'll keep on being passionate about it  as well. The German -Franco bloc in the EU is getting weaker. Merkel is finished, Macron is unpopular and so we are seeing changes at the top of the EU. Salvini in Italy is finished as well-  so the whole EU political imperative is in a state of flux and we would have had a more powerful voice and could have been a catalyst for change within the organisation. And now we'll be an outsider looking in and being dictated to on trade by Ireland and Lithuania and others like them trying to get their share of UK wealth through tariffs.. We have the additional problem of Trump with his phoney trade war with China which is destroying wealth all over the world- the stock markets are very volatile every time he ratchets up the tweets. That's not a rampant capitalist view- it affects the pensions of millions here in the UK who are almost all on defined contribution schemes- we carry the risk of stock market falls. It also affects the values of many of our insurance policies as well.That again is something inevitable after Brexit. Its a serious issue for those approaching retirement. It also affects the tax take for governments so expect tax rises.
 And now we have him calling Denmark's PM 'nasty' because she says that selling Greenland to him ( which can't be 'sold') is absurd. We can't seriously rely on America bailing us out when there's such a petulant  irresponsible and unpredictable clown in the White House. 
I have had to check that my cancer drugs will still be available in November and onwards and luckily mine are sourced through Switzerland- a non EU country so they should be safe. But others might not be so lucky. You see- it affects people personally. its not just a macro economic event, it will affect real people in their real lives. That's why I'm passionate about it and will militate for it not to happen.
Enjoy Tenerife- I really hope that you do. I'm also going to Italy for a week between chemo sessions to get plenty of sun, good red wine and plenty of pasta. But if I get to go again after Brexit I know it will cost me substantially more next time. Lets not fall out about this-  I respect your views and opinions but I just feel that we've got this all badly wrong.
Enjoy your holidays!!

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Enjoy your time in Italy rammy. It is a country I try to visit every year. Food, wine, scenery, history, climate it has everything!

We are all suffering enough supporting Bolton without leaving the EU as well. Smile

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/49465298

Well that all changed quickly. Almost like Boris was just making it up.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

xmiles wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/49465298

Well that all changed quickly. Almost like Boris was just making it up.
No! Surely a pathological liar wouldn't do such a thing

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boring. Whoever is PM takes stick from all sides. Doesn't matter if he/she is Tory, Labour or any other party.

But if Boris says we're leaving, and we leave, he'll have done his job. No more pissing about.

Natasha Whittam wrote:Boring. Whoever is PM takes stick from all sides. Doesn't matter if he/she is Tory, Labour or any other party.

But if Boris says we're leaving, and we leave, he'll have done his job. No more pissing about.

Who cares what he says, you can’t believe a word of it. No point in listening really.

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Johnson is a walking disaster and he has a long established record of it throughout his career, including Mayor of London. He has spent millions of pounds down the drain with his idiot schemes. To have him at the helm at such a historical time in Britains history is another example of stupidity.
He will return to his usual comic page in the Beano where every week he comes up with ideas where nothing could possibly go wrong.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Boris will literally lie about anything and everything:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49470831

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 21]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum